Are the "Disney Treasures" the best DVD collection option?

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by tib2d2, May 12, 2011.

1. tib2d2

tib2d2 Earning My Ears

I have a couple of the Walt Disney Treasures DVD sets (the ones with the collectable tin case), but I can't stand the Leonard Maltin introductions that precede nearly half of the features.

Are there other DVD collections that have a nice set of the old Mickey, Donald and Goofy shorts from the 30s-60s?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tib2d2

tib2d2 Earning My Ears

bump!

4. robert32

robert32 Earning My Ears

Wow mate.

5. tweedlemom

tweedlemom DIS Veteran

If you use Disney Movie reward points, you can get the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Treasure collection for 825 points on the DMR website.

6. fuzzy164

fuzzy164 Mouseketeer

There are several different DVD's from Buena Vista featuring Disney characters: Walt Disney Fun factory featuring and Walt Disney timeless tales.
    The Wal-Mart near us sometimes has Walt Disney collections with 3-4 shorts on them 2 for $7 and are a great way to collect a few of the old Walt Disney cartoons.

7. tib2d2

tib2d2 Earning My Ears

thanks for the tip Fuzzy! Thats what I was looking for!

8. Shawn

Shawn Oregon DVC Member of VWL

I have the treasures and they are nice,

However, I picked up the 4 dvd set "Walt Disney's It's a Small World of Fun" and I enjoy this set as well. These are classic Disney animations and fun to share with your kids and grandkids.

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-Small-World-Vol/dp/B000EOTFH6

They are still affordable, unlike many of the Treasures collections, they just provide classic Disney animation which I enjoy

-Shawn