Are the articulated buses in use?

jtowntoflorida

Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney
The MK's bus depot was supposed expanded partially to accommodate articulated buses. I think we've been to Disney three times since the depot was completed, and I can't recall ever seeing an articulated bus. I know I've never ridden on one, so I'm wondering if Disney actually ever deployed them?

1) Yes.
2) There are a few that do run throughout the day.
3) Obviously, they are mostly in use during morning and evening Rush Hours.

NOTE: As far as a "rider-experience", they are JUST A BUS. (I used to run an assemble plant build for articulated buses, and they are not that big of a deal.)

They are in service between MK & the following resorts:
  • Pop
  • AoA
  • CBR
  • POR
Primarily they run before 11am and after 4pm. Currently, they're being used for driver training in the afternoon. When they're not running or being used for training, they're usually parked at the MK across from the load zones for those resorts. Around noontime some may be in line at the fueling station behind the Car Care Center.

When training is not taking place, sometimes 1 or 2 may run in the afternoon. Last fall, they ran all day on days of the sold out MNSSHP & MVMCP.

As far as a "rider-experience", they are JUST A BUS. (I used to run an assemble plant build for articulated buses, and they are not that big of a deal.)

That depends on how "into" buses you are. I think it's cool to sit in the back and watch the front half bend around turns. I also think it's kinda cool to ride in the articulation, with one foot on the fixed floor and the other on the turntable.

We rode one a couple years ago when they were testing them and the driver just flat took out one of the brick columns in POFQ and we didn't see another one during the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter