Are the airlines joking?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MELSMICE, May 22, 2003.

1. MELSMICE

MELSMICE Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be

Called this morning as early as I could for flights during next Easter season. I know it is peak season & I knew the prices of flights would be higher than at other times of the year but..............

USAir was $502.50
    Continental was $520 or $470 depending on the flights.

I almost choked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The least expensive I found so far is Delta for $289 which includes taxes. We had Delta last year for $269, so I'm leaning towards booking the Delta.

Another option is to wait for the 6-month window & try either Southwest, JetBlue or AirTran. Any opinions or suggestions? :confused:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. peg2001

peg2001 <font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana

If you can live with Delta at $289, book them. You really take a chance when you want to travel at Easter if you wait.

Peggy

4. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I've found with USAir that they have high rates when they first come out and then drop later.

5. zulaya

zulaya <font color=006699>Certified Disney Addict & Kitch

I have never booked an Easter trip but I have noticed that rates are higher when they first come out and then about 2 months later you see a good sized drop, at about 8-9 months out. Have seen sales too at about 6 months out.

6. MK Familystone

MK Familystone DIS Veteran

Go with Delta if you are a frequent flyer with Delta , but every two weeks call Delta and ask if the airfare has declined, if so bring your tixs to your tix agent or a Delta Tix counter to reissue the tixs and get a credit voucher for the difference.
    I personally sign up for the DEALS VIA E-MAIL NOTICE from all the airlines I use.
    Southwest usually has specials on Tuesday and are for a limited time so you have to book immediately.

ENJOY!

THE MAGIC HAPPENS!
    :jester: :jester: :jester:

7. shelbyjosh

shelbyjosh <font color=purple>DVC/OKW Member<br><font color=t

I know.....We are March WDW travelers and I have looked at the rates for next March. Was I shocked!!!!!!!!!!!! We have never paid more than $205. The cheapest I can find is $277. Then again, we have never booked this far out. I guess we will have to keep watch and see what happens later in the year.

8. poohbear2

poohbear2 <font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=

When is Easter next year?

9. MELSMICE

MELSMICE Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be

Easter is Sunday, April 11 in 2004.