Are Saturdays always crowded?

ElizabethB

<font color=teal>I have a raw meat fetish. Who kne
We're thinking about going to DL on the Saturday before our cruise in early October. But, things were so crowded last time we were there (Friday after Thanksgiving) that it was miserable. We only got on one ride the entire day through closing time. I can't justify the ticket price if it's going to be crowded. I'd rather just do something else that day.

On these boards I see discussions to the effect that Saturdays are always crowded. Could someone comment specifically on a typical Saturday in early October.

If it is likely to be crowded, we just won't go.

Thanks.

Saturdays are almost always the busiest day of the week. Though a typical Saturday in October is not going to be as crowded as your Friday after Thanksgiving was!

Even on crowded days, if you are at the park BEFORE it opens, then you can do a lot in the first couple of hours as most people are still arriving, and with judicious use of Fastpasses and going on less popular attractions in the afternoon when it's busier, you can see a lot of attractions.

I'd avoid the first Saturday of October just because that's the opening weekend of Haunted Mansion Holiday, and that attracts a crowd.

Laura

We've done Saturday and wont ever do it again! That goes for Sunday, too, most of the time. The crowds are huge, the lines long, and it's just too hard to even move around in the parks. JMO, though.

Well, if I had to go on a Saturday, I would do it during a month like October. It will not be as bad as the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

DLR has a very high percentage of visitors who live in Southern Cal (like 70%) and many of these folks go only on day trips. Day trip locals of course go largely on weekends.

If shows and fireworks interest you, then you will probably have to go on a weekend in October as the shows and fireworks are often not performed on weekdays during off season.

Weather can play a part too. We went on a Saturday in January and it was rainy, which kept a lot of locals away. The crowds weren't bad at all.

We go to DL every October. We have tried Saturday just once and it seemed VERY crowded by about 10 or 11am - of course this was AFTER spending the week there and the week days in October are MUCH less crowded than Saturday so were spoiled.

Like the rest said, Sats are the most crowded days...but very doable, provided you get there EARLY. I swear I've been able to do most everything by noon if I just arrive early and get a move in. Be wise with Fast Passes and also do single rider line for Splash Mtn...

As they say no one goes to disneyland on Saturday's because it is always crowded. ;)

Friday after Thanksgiving is going to be about 1/2 again as crowded as a Saturday in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!