Are occupancies #s enforced at DVC like at other Disney resorts?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
I know at the regular Disney resorts, they enforce the occupancy (i.e., you can't book 5 people in a 4 person room). However, I saw a post saying that you can book 5 into a BWV 1 bedroom that sleeps 4 and you just have to bring your own bed (air mattress, etc) and bedding. Is this true at all of the DVC resorts? That would give us a lot more flexibility as a family of 5. My kids have no problems at all sleeping on an air mattress!

All DVC 1 bedrooms have an occupancy limit of 5 so you can book 5 but many only have beds for 4.

Yes, occupancy numbers are enforced for DVC. However, occupancy limits for some DVC units do not match the number of sleeping surfaces IN the unit.

Do you know if all studios have an occupancy of 5 even if they don't have beds for 5?
No.

Studios with occupancy of 5 are:
  • Post-renovation Boardwalk Villas
  • Polynesian
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Grand Floridian
Studios with occupancy 4:
  • BLT
  • Animal Kingdom (all)
  • Beach Club Villas (pre-renovation)
  • Old Key West
  • Saratoga

Yes, occupancy numbers are enforced for DVC. However, occupancy limits for some DVC units do not match the number of sleeping surfaces IN the unit.

Do you know where I can find the occupancy numbers for all of the rooms? Everything that I have read only lists how any they sleep so I have been assuming that it is like the regular Disney resort rooms and that the number that it sleeps is the limit of how many are allowed.

No.

Studios with occupancy of 5 are:
  • Post-renovation Boardwalk Villas
  • Polynesian
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Grand Floridian
Studios with occupancy 4:
  • BLT
  • Animal Kingdom (all)
  • Beach Club Villas (pre-renovation)
  • Old Key West
  • Saratoga

Thank you. So we could stay in BWV, PVW, VWL, VGF, and BCV (after reno) studios and any 1 bedrooms with a family of 5 then. Is that correct?

Thank you. So we could stay in BWV, PVW, VWL, VGF, and BCV (after reno) studios and any 1 bedrooms with a family of 5 then. Is that correct?
Correct.

Depending on your dates, note that it is difficult to get VGF, BWV Standard and sometimes BCV. The BCV renovation is ongoing, so those rooms will not allow reservation of 5 for some time yet.

Hmm...this actually says that BWV 1 bedroom has an occupancy of 4 so that is different than what I saw in another thread.

That website is not an official DVC. Other than the AKV value 1 bedrooms the others that have 4 sleeping spots do allow 5 to book. You bring the bed and bedding.

The answers in this thread assume the villa will be paid for with points and booked through Member Services. If it is booked through DRC for cash, the occupancy limits are enforced in the same manner as the hotel rooms. For example, there is no exception for the BWV 1 bedroom that says "5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided."

Just curious..how do they enforce them?

You can't put more names on the reservation than allowed. So if there's another person, they will not get a magic band, no magical express, no extra magic hours, no 60 day FP+. Do they do bedchecks? No.

You can't put more names on the reservation than allowed. So if there's another person, they will not get a magic band, no magical express, no extra magic hours, no 60 day FP+. Do they do bedchecks? No.

Yeah I see how that would make things difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!