Are "flat Irons" allowed on the ship?

lsumommaof4

Mouseketeer
I assume when disney says no irons allowed I'm assuming they are referring to clothes irons not flat irons (i.e. chi). Is this correct?

You were lucky, There banned.

Since when were flat irons banned? :confused: I know clothes irons are not allowed but I have never heard that flat irons (used for straightening hair) were banned. I have 3 DDs with a ton of kinky/curly hair and we go no where with out a flat iron.

Since when were flat irons banned? :confused: I know clothes irons are not allowed but I have never heard that flat irons (used for straightening hair) were banned. I have 3 DDs with a ton of kinky/curly hair and we go no where with out a flat iron.

OK That maybe lost in translation into True English!!!:)

I would call those Hair Straighteners never Irons!!!!

Nearly as bad as Jumpers being sweaters, and Tights being panyhose, and Trunks not swimwear but car boots!!! Trousers being pants, And my English chips being crisps.

If they are I will have to be at the spa getting my hair done everyday :rotfl:

OK That maybe lost in translation into True English!!!:)

I would call those Hair Straighteners never Irons!!!!

Nearly as bad as Jumpers being sweaters, and Tights being panyhose, and Trunks not swimwear but car boots!!! Trousers being pants, And my English chips being crisps.

LOL!! Understood.

I am a hairstylist and we call them flat irons:) and people with frizzy hair look into getting a keratin treatment they are so amazing not cheap but work like magic and keep your hair healthy and shiny!(when done properly):cheer2:

We have taken a hair straightener (flat iron) on every Disney cruise without a problem. It is always left out in the open and the stateroom hosts have never said a thing. It is a must for our 16 year old DD for dinner time!! :)

DW brought not 1 but 2 flat irons 2 weeks ago on the dream, the only one that had a problem with it was the luggage police...which would be ME

If they are I will have to be at the spa getting my hair done everyday :rotfl:
LOL. One of our favorite things to do is to hair watch on a cruise. Day one you see women who clearly worked hard to get their hair they wanted it and failed due to the wind (and in the Caribbean, the humidity). Day two a few give up, and by Day three most give up. Unless you never leave the climate controlled areas of the ship.

My DD has a selection of heated hair tools with her on our last cruise - hair straighteners, tongs (curlers) and a crimper - no problems with any of them.

TVGuy - I am one who doesn't care anymore about what my hair is doing when I'm on vacation. The days I spent time trying to look presentable were the days that when stepping outside I either got blasted by a gust of wind, rained on or was met by a wall of humidity! :crazy:

LOL. One of our favorite things to do is to hair watch on a cruise. Day one you see women who clearly worked hard to get their hair they wanted it and failed due to the wind (and in the Caribbean, the humidity). Day two a few give up, and by Day three most give up. Unless you never leave the climate controlled areas of the ship.
Lol that was totally me ;). By day 3 I gave up. I think the wind is what shocked me most first time we cruised. I went up on the top deck and whoa! I looked like I had been electrocuted :scared1:

Lol that was totally me ;). By day 3 I gave up. I think the wind is what shocked me most first time we cruised. I went up on the top deck and whoa! I looked like I had been electrocuted :scared1:
That's one reason I just cut my hair really short before cruising. I have extremely fine, curly hair, and when damp and windblown I look like a (as my mother used to say) wild woman.

I always bring a curling iron and a flat iron, and they get used maybe 1-2 times, but generally the weather makes my hair go nuts. So, then it gets braided. Or in a pony and that is it. I do curl it for formal night and immediately go take pictures. Lol.

In October I brought mine and left it on the glass shelf for storage. I'm finally realizing that they may have taken it because I haven't been able to find it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter