Are DVC folks still using the TIW cards? I see they are 150 now..

I don't believe that's the case but either way, the person who owns the card would just collect the cash to make up the payment...

2 times we've gotten lucky... For we own the Chase Freedom card, which offers 5% cash back on certain things each quarter.
Well both times we had the TiW card ,and we happen to go in the quarter that offered 5% back on dining out/ restaurants...Was a nice added plus.
That must of been nice. Have you been happy with the chase freedom card?

That must of been nice. Have you been happy with the chase freedom card?
Heck yea...

Some 1/4's it has Target and Other stores. Some it has restaurants....When we drove down last summer we had it(5%) on gas..So that was also nice too....

I don't believe that's the case but either way, the person who owns the card would just collect the cash to make up the payment...
They are strict about the card-holder paying the bill. If they see you exchanging money, they will refuse to honor the discount.

They are strict about the card-holder paying the bill. If they see you exchanging money, they will refuse to honor the discount.

Hummm. We met up with my cousin & her family for dinner one night in January and we used our TIW card - and we split the check....I still have the receipt. They used a Visa for their portion and we used a Magic Band (says Guest ID purchase) for our half. Guess we got lucky?

There are just two of us on our WDW trips. At $50 the TIW card was great. At $100 it was marginal. At $150 it doesn't work for us so we no longer have the card.

We've cut back on table service meals because without the TIW discount, those restaurants are not worth the price to us, particularly since some of our favorite places have disappointed us recently. For our next trip, for the first time ever we have not booked any ADRs. We'll eat at a few counter services places and fix some dinners in the room and see how it goes!
Yes to all of this. In addition, we go during Christmas/NYE and 4 days out of 9 days of our next trip are blacked out. I can't even spend enough to break even.

We bought ours on Jan 4, 2016 and it expires Jan 4, 2017. We don't have any trips planned until next May, so the extra days wouldn't matter at all.

Remember, too, that some places don't accept it for dinner. Or not at all.

Last edited:
There is a great app for androids called MousePerks+. It shows all the discounts offered at a glance (color coded with percentages for TIW, DVC, AP & Disney Visa). Dining is broken up into sections by parks, resorts, DS then there's Other Perks like shopping, tickets & tours, recreation followed by DisneyLAND and offsite resorts like Aulani, HHI & VB. It's a great app if you're not an iPhone user!!

We will be buying TWI next month for the first time. Hosting our 25th Wedding Anniversary at the CG with eight fun loving :drinking1family and friends.

There is a great app for androids called MousePerks+. It shows all the discounts offered at a glance (color coded with percentages for TIW, DVC, AP & Disney Visa). Dining is broken up into sections by parks, resorts, DS then there's Other Perks like shopping, tickets & tours, recreation followed by DisneyLAND and offsite resorts like Aulani, HHI & VB. It's a great app if you're not an iPhone user!!

There is a MousePerks app for iPhone - I use it frequently. I'm not sure it includes the non-WDW locations though!

I am single person and I buy the card. I usually have at least one person traveling with me, and when I went down last November I knew I would be getting at least 3 weeks out of the card. I don't drink alcohol, but my friends and family do, so it has come in handy at TOTWL. This is one place where I was able to show my card, but my friend paid with his credit card. Same at Coral Reef - showed my card and someone else paid. I am always prepared to have them refuse, and never take it for granted, but it is nice when they do accept payment from someone else.

I think it is very important to look at the various discounts available at the places you plan on dining. Most of the places I like to eat at every time I visit ONLY do TIW discounts - Mama Melrose, BOG, Plaza, Liberty Tree, 50s PTC, Sci-Fi, Garden Grill, quick service places at AK...

I really lucked out with this card. I purchased on Nov 27, 2015, and the cast member put 1/31/17 as the expiration. So I had a 9 day Nov/Dec trip, 5 days in March, 7 in May, 8 in September (some of these meals were with a party of 8), and will be back for 3 more days in November. And may try to squeeze in a long weekend in January :)

There is a MousePerks app for iPhone - I use it frequently. I'm not sure it includes the non-WDW locations though!

Hummm. I told an iPhone user friend about it & she said she couldn't find it. Odd.

I am single person and I buy the card. I usually have at least one person traveling with me, and when I went down last November I knew I would be getting at least 3 weeks out of the card. I don't drink alcohol, but my friends and family do, so it has come in handy at TOTWL. This is one place where I was able to show my card, but my friend paid with his credit card. Same at Coral Reef - showed my card and someone else paid. I am always prepared to have them refuse, and never take it for granted, but it is nice when they do accept payment from someone else.

I think it is very important to look at the various discounts available at the places you plan on dining. Most of the places I like to eat at every time I visit ONLY do TIW discounts - Mama Melrose, BOG, Plaza, Liberty Tree, 50s PTC, Sci-Fi, Garden Grill, quick service places at AK...

I really lucked out with this card. I purchased on Nov 27, 2015, and the cast member put 1/31/17 as the expiration. So I had a 9 day Nov/Dec trip, 5 days in March, 7 in May, 8 in September (some of these meals were with a party of 8), and will be back for 3 more days in November. And may try to squeeze in a long weekend in January :)

Ditto - the MK restaurants only take TIW (except they've finally added 10% for AP & DVC at Skippers) and we like to hit The Plaza and BOG with a meal here & there at Tony's or LTT and most of the HS & AK TS restaurants only take TIW as well. We often eat at Mama's or 50's as we don't like the CS options at HS. Also nice that the CS places in AK take it and they recently added Tiffins & the Nomad Lounge.

Hummm. I told an iPhone user friend about it & she said she couldn't find it. Odd.
I'm an iPhone user and couldn't find it either. I just went to their website and it doesn't look like it's in the Apple App Store. What I did was tap the share button and tapped on add to home screen. It looks like it's an app but it's really a link to the website.

Its worth it for us, but we do a lot of character meals and almost nowhere we eat would has a DVC or AP discount so TIW is our only option. We currently have 2 adults and 1 child, but starting next year our youngest won't be free anymore for buffets.

Yeah, it's not really hard to break even on TiW with a few character meals. Just a note from our last trip when our youngest had just turned 3---remember to enjoy how much they get out of the character interactions and don't try to calculate how much food they eat for the price...

Bruce

I'm an iPhone user and couldn't find it either. I just went to their website and it doesn't look like it's in the Apple App Store. What I did was tap the share button and tapped on add to home screen. It looks like it's an app but it's really a link to the website.

Oops, y'all are right. :blush: I've been using the website bookmarked to my iPhone desktop as if it's an app.

I seriously don't think that's the case, but either way. It's an easy fix to get around. To me The Restaurant is getting paid regardless of where it's coming from.

Does WDW really think that the Card holder shelled out $150 & is going to treat all 10 guests to dinner every single time? :confused3

I seriously don't think that's the case, but either way. It's an easy fix to get around. To me The Restaurant is getting paid regardless of where it's coming from.

Does WDW really think that the Card holder shelled out $150 & is going to treat all 10 guests to dinner every single time? :confused3
In my experience they have been Tight on the cardholder paying the bill, but I have seen instances where same last name is good enough.
Even so, it's truly none of there business if the parties exchange money afterwards. Zero, nada. It could be to settle last nights poker game for crying out loud. I would love for them to challenge me on that one...

Final thought.... How in Lord's name do you dine TS for 10 people and only get a $150 bill???? Wife and I alone are over that.

ETA: Perhaps you meant $150 for the card, not the bill..??

MG

Does WDW really think that the Card holder shelled out $150 & is going to treat all 10 guests to dinner every signaltime?
In my experience they have been Tight on the cardholder paying the bill, but I have seen instances where same last name is good enough.
Even so, it's truly none of there business if the parties exchange money afterwards. Zero, nada. It could be to settle last nights poker game for crying out loud. I would love for them to challenge me on that one...

Final thought.... How in Lord's name do you dine TS for 10 people and only get a $150 bill???? Wife and I alone are over that.

MG

Hahahah You didn't actually think I meant the bill. I'd love to know where those WDW prices are so I can make ADR's there. LoL I meant WDW doesn't expect you to pay $150 for the card and then not try and reap the $$ back by inviting guests... Easy fix is putting the Bill on your card & just getting paid back. Regardless of when & where the other guests pay you....THEY'RE GETTING their $$

MG

Disney wants the cardholder to pay the bill because that's how they calculate the appropriate price to charge for the card. They expect most people to be paying for an average number of people, not maxing out the terms. The cardholder is the one purchasing the right to the discount. Sharing it is king of like stealing cable; the contract you make doesn't allow sharing.

Disney wants the cardholder to pay the bill because that's how they calculate the appropriate price to charge for the card. They expect most people to be paying for an average number of people, not maxing out the terms. The cardholder is the one purchasing the right to the discount. Sharing it is king of like stealing cable; the contract you make doesn't allow sharing.
Oh brother, give me strength.. :rolleyes:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter