Are DLH Package guests guaranteed admission?

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
I asked this in another thread, but decided to ask the whole board for clarification. If we are stayingonsite with a DL Package, are we guranteed to get in. After reading these reports of the parks being closed down, I am concerned. We will be there early in the Thanksgiving week, and I feel sure it is going to be crowded. I hate to think I paid more for the package nly to be stuck outside the gate.

I believe what happened this past Veterans Day Weekend was that Disneyland closed around noon to new entries. They stopped selling one day tickets at the ticket booths. If you had been in the park before and had a hand stamp they were allowing you re-admittance.

However, when Disneyland completely closes due to capacity, they do not allow any more people in until the Fire Marshall gives them the ok. It is a safety issue. Disney employees can not and do not make any exceptions.

Don't feel that you will be 'stuck outside the gates'. Remember Disney's California Adventure is a short walk across the Esplanade. I don't believe that both parks have ever been closed at the same time due to capacity.

The first part of Thanksgiving week won't be nearly as crowded as Veteran's Day weekend. While many schools take the entire week off, many only get Thursday and Friday off. I really don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

Disneyland "closes the gates" in several stages.

1) they stop selling new admission tickets
2) they stop stop allowing new admissions (you have been in DCA but not DL, or not in either park but have a ticket). Annual Passholders & hotel guests are allowed in still.
3) I think there is another step here
4) No admissions or re-admissions are allowed in. Doesn't matter if you have been in the park yet or not, doesn't matter what kind of admission media you have, doesn't matter if half your family is in there you aren't getting in.

Step 4 can last anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours. The fire marshall is the only one that can re-open the gates and it's based upon the number of people in the park and the number of people who leave. There is no use whining, complaining, yelling or attacking CMs when this stage is in place (it's happened). They are not responsible for it.

If it helps, Disneyland did not close before Thanksgiving last year. We were there Sat-Wednesday before the holiday and the gates never closed due to capacity. Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving are usually the most crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!