Are Disney Reservations Cancellable?

Lizzzys

Mouseketeer
If I book now, and change my mind before the 45 days out.... do I get a full refund or is my deposit toast, or kept as a credit for future travel?

Actually, did you purchase trip insurance? I did and the CM said because I got the insurance even though it was more than 45 days prior, I am out $133. If I would NOT have gotten it and canceled before the 45 day mark, I would have gotten the $200.00 back.

Yes, you be refunded your deposit (or whatever you paid for) minus any travel insurance. Your cc will be refunded within 2 months.

Yes, you be refunded your deposit (or whatever you paid for) minus any travel insurance. Your cc will be refunded within 2 months.

This is correct; although it usually doesn't take more than a couple of days to have the refund issued to you if you booked via cc. I even had a trip on a cc with a closed account (since I left that card at the mall somewhere) and they got it back to me within 2 weeks.

If you purchase travel insurance independently of Disney, you usually pay less, it covers more, and you can wait until you are much closer to your trip to add it (making sure you're more likely to go if you're booking way out).

Also, if you are under the 45 day mark, you can keep your deposit by moving dates. Say, you get pregnant and are suffering from horrible morning sickness, or decide to move, and taking a trip right now is inconvenient. If you push your trip out a few months or a year, you still retain all your money. You don't have to out and out cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter