Are Coral Reef and Liberty tree tavern worth the money? $$$$$$$

Not impressed at all with Coral Reef. The meal was expensive, the portions were small and the food was just okay. Even though we were on the food plan, we were disappointed. We did enjoy the atmosphere.

We like LTT, but have not been there since they discontinued the characters.

We've been to both. I loved Coral Seas, had the blackened catfish with pepperjack grits, and another nice thing was that my DGD was able to have grilled chicken rather than the usual nuggets and such. The only thing that bothered me was the noise level in the restaurant. Liberty Tree Tavern was ok, I wasn't crazy about it but DH and DGD LOVED it, but I don't think we'll be going back without the characters, they were the high point and without them it's just blah Stouffer's food. You can buy the mac and cheese in the grocery store.

We've been to both. I loved Coral Seas, had the blackened catfish with pepperjack grits, and another nice thing was that my DGD was able to have grilled chicken rather than the usual nuggets and such. The only thing that bothered me was the noise level in the restaurant. Liberty Tree Tavern was ok, I wasn't crazy about it but DH and DGD LOVED it, but I don't think we'll be going back without the characters, they were the high point and without them it's just blah Stouffer's food. You can buy the mac and cheese in the grocery store.

Oops..."coral reef" not "seas"...I hate when I do that! :laughing:

I have done Coral Reef and love it! I think it is worth it. If you go get the steak!! So good.

We have never eaten at Liberty Tavern so I can not comment on that restaurant. We have however, eaten at coral Reef for both dinner and lunch and have always had a wonderful meal. We love the atmosphere and enjoy the food there. This trip my son is taking a friend for the first time and we are going to Coral Reef for lunch.

Enjoy!!:goodvibes

We really enjoyed Coral Reef. I am not a seafood person. The tank was very fun. We were on the top tier but along the wavy wall. It has a great view of the whole tank. The food was oh so yummy! DBF had the chicken. Super moist and was delicious. I had the steak since I am not an adventurous eater. It was very good. We are planning to go back and will probably order those two things again.

I thought LTT was way overrated. I am from the South and the "turkey and fixings" that LTT serve greatly pale in comparison to my momma's and nana's---heck, even my---cooking. We just didn't enjoy it, though the atmosphere is lovely. I haven't eaten at Coral Reef.

Liberty Tree Tavern is my absolute favorite restaurant at Disney! It is a family style buffet and Thanksgiving style...soooooooo good! My Disney trip is not complete unless we do dinner here. Plus, I am a history buff so anything old fashioned I am a sap for ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter