Are characters allowed to hold babies?

Luv2cruise!

Earning My Ears
I will have a six month old when we go on the Magic. Are the characters allowed to hold babies for a photo?

No.

EDIT: When I was on the DREAM over NYE, I heard the lady behind my when I was in line to see Chip and Dale ask the attendant the same question and the response was no.

I will have a six month old when we go on the Magic. Are the characters allowed to hold babies for a photo?

I don't have any definite knowledge as to this, but I'd say no. Couple of reasons - characters field of vision in some of the costumes are extremely limited in most cases, and their dexterity in holding onto things is compromised.

I could be wrong. But, I don't think I'd have done it when my kids were 6 months old, even if they are allowed.

No but my sister had her 6 month old son take a pic with Pinocchio. He sat on the floor and my sister place her son between his legs Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

As PP wrote above the characters won't hold them but they will sit down with the babies on the ground. We have some pictures with DD sitting on laps of the characters on our first cruise when she was 16 months.

We were just on the Wonder and I saw a combo of things. With Mickey and Minnie, I saw them get down and I'm pretty sure sit on the floor to take a picture with a crying little one. Mom was trying to get a picture of just M&M + kiddo but it wasn't working well. I did see multiple Princesses hold babies / young kiddos but they have better "hands".

We took our 6 month old on the Dream last fall and the princesses all took turns holding her in their laps. We got some very sweet photos. We held her for all other character photos.

On the Wonder last year the princesses were happy to sit down and cuddle my 10 month old. I'm pretty sure he sat on Mickey's knee as well, would have to go and check my photos to make sure. We asked if he could hold him, and Mickey patted his knee instead.

I'm pretty sure face characters (Princess, Captain Jack, etc. - the ones where you see their face) are allowed to but not head characters (Mickey, Donald, etc.) for the reasons already stated - extremely limited range of vision and stuff on hands that prevent getting a solid hold on the baby.

I'm pretty sure face characters (Princess, Captain Jack, etc. - the ones where you see their face) are allowed to but not head characters (Mickey, Donald, etc.) for the reasons already stated - extremely limited range of vision and stuff on hands that prevent getting a solid hold on the baby.

Yes, as long as they (the face characters) sit on the floor to hold the baby--which they are more than happy to do. We have lots of great pictures with DD at 15 weeks with princesses and Tinker Bell.

I think the characters are supposed to get down on the floor with a baby, and the non-face characters with large and unwieldy hands may not be able to actually support the baby in their arms themselves.

They cannot hold them if they are standing up, however if they sit on the floor, they can hold them for photos ect. This is the same for all characters - Mickey and the Gang, Princesses ect

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter