Arcade

domiii

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!
Do you need quarters for the arcade? :confused3 If not, how does this work? My nephews will probably spend some 'quality' time int he arcade. I read something about cards, but did not pay close attention since I wouldn't be interested. (Selfish I know.)

You use your KTTW (Key to the world) card to purchase an arcade card with a set amount on it. You then swipe your card each time you play and it reduces the amount on the card until it hits $0. Then time to buy another one.....and another......and another..... :earboy2:

domiii said:
Do you need quarters for the arcade? :confused3 If not, how does this work? My nephews will probably spend some 'quality' time int he arcade. I read something about cards, but did not pay close attention since I wouldn't be interested. (Selfish I know.)

No need for quarters..Like everything else it works with your KTTW card...There is a machine as soon as you walk in, and it sells cards with denominations.....It is very easy to go crazy in here, as it goes quickly, and if the children have their own KTTW, they can just go up and purchase more and more...Just a heads up... :)

There are machines in the arcade to purchase cards with your KTTW card. They have them in different denominations. The cards change everyday as well so they can be collected to get the different ones.

There are machines in the arcade that you swipe your "key to the world" in. You'll have the option of selecting an amount ($10, $20, etc.). Once you select what amount you want, an arcade card will pop out.

It's just like a credit card. All the games have swipe strips instead of token/quarter slots.

nordkin said:
There are machines in the arcade to purchase cards with your KTTW card. They have them in different denominations. The cards change everyday as well so they can be collected to get the different ones.

I had read somewhere before that there were different cards for each day. I told my husband this and he made a point of going the next day (well... evening) and getting another. He got the same card (Disney characters in front of boat).

Thank you everyone, this is most helpful. Glad my daughter is not into it!! I will collect the different cards form everyone though (hee hee).

We were worried that our kids would "go crazy" if they knew they could swipe their own key card into the machine. When we checked in at the port, we asked that their cards not have charging privileges.

They had to ask us anytime they wanted to purchase something. It worked out great.

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter