Aquatica Looks Awesome!

FayeW

DIS Veteran
I didn't even know SeaWorld was opening their own water park until I read the thread about Orlando Flex Tickets. I checked out SeaWorld's website and saw some of the artwork for the proposed rides/slides. WOW! We haven't been to SW since our first trip in 2003, but we will definitely be going when we go back to Orlando in Dec!

We are DEFINITELY going to AQUATICA in July. It looks unbelievable!

My money's on the 14th for the official opening, but it will open to guests from March 1st, you can already reserve cabanas, strollers and wheelchairs from that date.

Can we buy tickets in advance for this waterpark??

Online I've seen Aquatica as part of a two park combo ticket with SeaWorld or as part of the Orlando Flex ticket but I don't recall seeing it as a stand-alone ticket. I'd suggest checking at the SeaWorld site - www.SeaWorld.com.

Dick Taylor

Does anyone know the opening date for this park?

I sent an email inquiry to SeaWorld's public relations department about a week ago asking just this question. They got back to me today saying "Aquatica is set for its soft opening on March 1, 2008." So apparently the reported construction delays have not been significant and won't affect the planned soft opening.

Dick Taylor

"Soft opening"- does this mean that they will be open to the public on this date, or is it a special opening for a limited group?

A soft opening is an unannounced opening to the general public that precedes an announced grand opening. Companies use that period to make sure that everything works the way they want it to and as a dry run period. They'll be open to anyone who buys a ticket beginning on March 1st.

Dick Taylor

That's what I was hoping to hear. I'd read elsewhere that the soft opening would only be for passholders. We're there in early March and I'd love to check out Aquatica.

I think soft openings can also mean not all attractions will be in operation - I recall going to AK for it's soft opening and not everything was open - but it sure was nice and quiet!

Hopefully only us Disers will be there in March!!

Us, too. My kids went nuts when I showed them the website yesterday.

When I called about it, I was told the 1st for opening and the 14th for their "grand opening"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter