APs ordered via post

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hello !

As I promised I will tell you my way and experience to buy APs via post.

Here is what you have to do:

The goal: Buying two AP Francilien (the cheapest way)

1. I have filled out this "bon-de-commande". It looks hard but its easy.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14212540328636&key=debb21522a2ba14b8d7bcbd1910c5bdb&libId=dd92c691-08ba-47ef-aa0f-f8e0036c7978&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.disboards.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D3367549&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fwdpromedia.disney.go.com%2Fmedia%2Fwdpro-dlp-assets%2Fprod%2Ffr-idf%2Fsystem%2Fimages%2Fdis6502_bon_de_commande_renouvellement_mise_a_jour31mars2015.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.disboards.com%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D77&title=Renew%20AP%20by%20post%20-%20The%20DIS%20Discussion%20Forums%20-%20DISboards.com&txt=https%3A%2F%2Fwdpromedia.disney.go.com%2Fmed...31mars2015.pdf

Update: Here is my little translation:

If you want to use your shareholder discount:

You can mention it here:

Write on top of this site that you want to use your shareholder discount (15%) and write at "total amount" the amount minus this 15%.

If you do so you have to enclose a copy of your shareholder card also.

and sent it together with

a complete copy of my id card
a complete copy of my daughters ID card
a complete copy of my credit card
2 ID pictures and
a complete copy of my shareholder card

(complete means both sides)

to the address mentioned at the bon-de-commande.

I have sent the letter on Feb. 1st.

Send it registered (very important).

2. You have to wait up to 2 month right now...so consider this in your planning.

3. Wait and hope

4. They charged my credit card at Feb 27th with the 15% shareholder discount, so I have paid 202,- ¬ for two Francilien.

and now the interesting part

5. My APs are valid from 27.02.13 to 26.02.14 which means the 28.02 and 01.03. are the Francilien blockout dates...which did not care because at this days my AP were in the post to me !! = No 2nd/3rd blockout dates if you order your Francilien this way !

6. If you stay onside like us you will have no other blockout dates, so you have fully access DLP for 100,- ¬ with shareholder discount !!

In the middle of February I wrote an email to DLP, because I wanted to know if my APs will arrived me by the 25th March (our first day at DLP).

They wrote back that they did not received my letter.

PANIC !!!! :sad:

Some days and a lot of friendly and helpful email later they found my letter and promised to sent the APs the next day.

Today they arrived and everything is ok.

And you know what:

With these APs I received an email from the manager of the customs service. They apologized for all the trouble they made and wanted to know my reservation number. I sent it to her and she have forwarded it to the hotel check in. I´m very excited what this would mean. Perhaps we will get an upgrade. :yay:

I hope you see how easy the normal way is to get yourself some full and cheap APs if you stay onside.

And I have to say that all of the cast members I have to speak with are friendly and helpful. Its the Disney magic !

Sorry for my bad English but I hope this will help anyone who have to consider buying APs via post.

If you want to make this a sticky thread feel free to correct all my horrible English mistakes.

:grouphug:

Thorsten

:thumbsup2

P.S.
Yes...the APs are fully made up APs.

thats brilliant news, thanks for posting all that Thorsten :thumbsup2!

So they send you fully made up APs? If so I like the sound of this. I spent AGES queuing at the AP office in December and have no desire do that again!

So they send you fully made up APs? If so I like the sound of this. I spent AGES queuing at the AP office in December and have no desire do that again!

They do but apparently you don't or rather Thorsten didn't get his extra 6 months for renewing an AP which is a bit of a pain :confused3

Thorsten you sent them your old AP number on that form did you ? - I'll have to read the contract later on

When you renew an AP before it expires you get 18 months for the price of 12 normally

If it's only on site I'd put up with queue for an extra 6 months

Glad you got them though finally and you are now set to go :woohoo:

ETA - I know why now ...Thorsten got the 15% shareholders discount so couldn't get the extra 6 months - It's one or the other ;)

Hi Carrie,

no problem with the extra 6 month. :cool1:

It is good for me this time, because if we would get these extra month the Francilien blockout dates would be the 2nd and 3rd day of our trip. :thumbsup2

My last AP was valued until March 26. So the new would be from March 27 and the blockout dates are March 28/29.

Now I did not care about these days as I mentioned before.

:cool1:

After all I´m glad that I have them right now and perhaps an upgrade suprise. :worship:

Thorsten

The extra months are addd on at the end so it would have run until august 2014.

But you don't get them as you have asked for the 15% shareholder discount and it is either the discount or the extra 6 months

Doesn't matter wether you change type of AP or not.

I hope you get an amazing suprise :goodvibesand look forward to reading all about it and your trip :cool1:

Glad you got it all sorted and thanks for posting, fingers crossed that you get a lovely surprise to make up for all the problems :goodvibes

I just want to check I have this right, I can order a Francilien AP using the form you posted and get it back hopefully ! before our trip in July, then because we're staying onsite I could use my AP for the whole of our stay, no 2nd 3rd day blockout or any other blockout days will apply as there are some during our trip. :)

I just want to check I have this right, I can order a Francilien AP using the form you posted and get it back hopefully ! before our trip in July, then because we're staying onsite I could use my AP for the whole of our stay, no 2nd 3rd day blockout or any other blockout days will apply as there are some during our trip. :)

Yes, you´re right. :thumbsup2

If you do everything I wrote in my above posting, you will receive a fully AP Francilien without any blockout dates.

Here is my timeline for a better understanding:

01.02.13 - ordered by post
27.02.13 - DLP charged my credit card
27.02.13 - AP valued 27.02.13 until 26.02.14 sending to me

& 01.03.13 - Francilien blockout dates (2nd/3rd day) but AP in the post to me :moped:

07.03.13 - Received my AP Francilien

I stay onside = no other blockout days

:dance3:

ThBa you are a star :flower3:

Because we had to postpone our March trip :sad:I can't make use of my Birthday ticket and reduced Francilien pass, this is relatively cheap way for me to still get my AP. Thankyou x

Just one more thing did you specify a date for your AP to start or were you just lucky that they eventually sorted it to coincide with your trip ?

Just one more thing did you specify a date for your AP to start or were you just lucky that they eventually sorted it to coincide with your trip ?

No. I did not specify a date.

You have to plan this yourself.

Have in mind that it will take up to 2 month for them to send you the AP.

I would send them the order up to two month before you need the APs.

So they have enough time and the value date on your AP will be before you´re first DLP day so that the Francillien APs you will receive in the post had already passed their 1st 3 days activation before you arrive at DLP.

For all of you who are waiting if my AP Francilien via post worked even through the blockout dates:

YES !!!!

I´ve had no problems at all using it.

Everything was fine and at the blockout dates (Saturday/Sunday) I showed them my Easy Pass and they let me in at once.

Go for it !

It´s an easy and cheap way to get yourself an AP without any blockout dates when staying onsite.

:wave2:

Thorsten

thank you so much was nervous about doing this but sent everything off recorded 14th March as per instructions on this thread.

Received letter back yesterday when I opened it thought must have done something wrong and they were returning my application as it was so quick. but no fully completed AP inside.

I nearly cried I was happy.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

ThBa said:
What was wrong ?

sorry I was being confusing.

nothing was wrong I was really nervous about sending off form in a foreign language in case I had filled it out wrong.

but following your thread it was so easy I got the annual pass back in about 2 weeks which was fantastic.

So excited thanks for testing it.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

This thread is amazing - thank you to all who have contributed!

My question is :
* What ID is needed when I mail in the annual pass form? Is it a copy of our passport?

I have everything filled out and ready to go, that is the only piece of info I need before i send it registered post!

Also:
* Does the Francilien annual pass include discounts on Disney Hotels?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!