April into May...A good time to visit?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by crazy4mickey, Feb 18, 2008.

1. crazy4mickey

crazy4mickey Earning My Ears

Hello Everyone:

Thinking of heading down for a week in either late April or early May.

Is this a good time to go? Thinking of the weather, crowds, what's open or closed, etc....

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. baileybelle

baileybelle Dis Veteran

We went the last week of April-first week of May last year and are doing it again this year.

Crowds were moderate, weather was perfect (80's daytime, 60's at night), very little rain, humidity was comfortable, Flower Festival was great, hours especially when using EMH were fine (MK till 2am what more can I say!), very few rehabs. Just check the calendar to see when Easter falls. This year it's in March.

This has become our favorite time of year to visit.

4. TheGeeks

TheGeeks Earning My Ears

We're doing the same thing - 4/27 to 5/4. With schools still in and Easter in March this year, things should be rather light. We just made our ADRs about 10 days ago and got about everything we wanted!

5. Disneytwinz

Disneytwinz Beverly anyone?

Early May was a great time to go for us last year. That was the deciding factor for us going back in May this year and next. The weather was perfect..not too hot and the wait for rides were often 5 minutes until late afternoon.

6. loriwvu

loriwvu Mouseketeer

We went late April early May in both 2002 and 2003. It was pretty crowded on both visits especially at MK and MGM. In fact one of the CM at Pizza Planet told us it was unusually crowded for early May. We had waits of at least 45 minutes in MK. Interestingly enough our best day was Mother's Day at MK! This was the least crowded afternoon at MK. Our son was so excited he could ride Buzz Lightyear over and over again with little or no wait. As far as the weather....we had days in the 90's in 2002! I'm sure no matter what you will have a great time!

Lori

7. daisy112878

daisy112878 DIS Veteran

My parents have gone the last 3 years the last week of april/first of May. They absolute love that time. It's not too hot and the crowds are minimal compared to other times. I just did their dining reservations last week and got every ADR they wanted for the time they wanted so at least the TS are totally packed.

8. pinkminnie

pinkminnie DIS veteran

We will be there 4-25 through 5-3 this year! We tried this time on our last trip and absolutely loved it. The weather was perfect and the crowds were very low. The Flower and Garden Show is beautiful and the evenings are wonderful.

9. WDW~Lover

WDW~Lover DIS Veteran

I am going May 3rd-11th. I LOVE the first week in May, I have been then at least 10 times. AND my birthday is that week! I love the fact of no lines! And love the Flower and Garden show!!

10. vettechick99

vettechick99 <font color=purple>Why do I open these threads?<br

First week of May is a great time to go!