April alamo..rate dropped again!

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
I just rebooked for the zillionth time with Alamo. Rates keep dropping! Very happy!

Full Size...April 12-21 $143.74 TOTAL with all taxes!!! Cannot believe this rate for 10 and a half days.:cool1:

Hope someone else can save too!!

I just rebooked for the zillionth time with Alamo. Rates keep dropping! Very happy!

Full Size...April 12-21 $143.74 TOTAL with all taxes!!! Cannot believe this rate for 10 and a half days.:cool1:

Hope someone else can save too!!

Can I ask what codes you used please?

Was wondering the same thing. I believe I am at $175 for 10 days and I thought that was a good rate. This one would put me over the moon! The money saved between what I initially budgeted and that rate are enough for food for the week for us!

Got my mid-April rate down to $144 for a ten day mid-sized rental using the Costco website. WooHoo!

Sure! I used my insiders number and travelocity coupon code AD2359FDF. you can also use BJ or Costco code if you are a member. Same rates came up for them.

I was also at $174 yesterday....saved another $30 today.

When I first booked, i had a minivan for $478! So I am beyond thrilled with this rate. Full size is fine for us too.

Hope this helps!

Sure! I used my insiders number and travelocity coupon code AD2359FDF. you can also use BJ or Costco code if you are a member. Same rates came up for them.

I was also at $174 yesterday....saved another $30 today.

When I first booked, i had a minivan for $478! So I am beyond thrilled with this rate. Full size is fine for us too.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing the info! Where is the travelocity coupon from? Do you have to have an acutal coupon?

Just want to make sure we qualify to use it.

Thank you HeatherC!! I used my Alamo Insiders Member number with the BJ's coupon for $40 off (AD8Z21SDB) and got a Full size for $141.17 for 10 days. That's crazy good!

Now I just have to decide to keep that one or my Premium car for $177. Hmmmm....not sure if there is a huge difference in size. The Premium is a Toyota Avalon or similar and the Full Size is Chevrolet Impala or similar. Decision...decisions.....It will be myself, my DH and two children (one car seat).

CCGirl...We have three kids and have rented full size in the past and had enough room.

I had also reserved the Premium, but then a couple people mentioned that they weren't seeing any Avalons there anyway. I know the Impala has big enough trunk space, so I figured I would use my $30 saved for fun stuff at Disney!

Oh...the travelocity coupon was on their website a while back and said you didn't need to show it. If you are nervous, book through Costco or BJs and print out actual coupon.

Thanks for this post, I was able to re-book my mid-sz for early May @ $133/week! Just yesterday, I booked with Alamo for $151, so $18 savings!

For those wondering about the coupon code - whenever we use a common coupon, not attached to membership in a special group, we have not had to provide an actual paper coupon with Alamo. On several occasions I've printed one out and taken it along, but they never need it.:thumbsup2

Thank you HeatherC!! I used my Alamo Insiders Member number with the BJ's coupon for $40 off (AD8Z21SDB) and got a Full size for $141.17 for 10 days. That's crazy good!

Now I just have to decide to keep that one or my Premium car for $177. Hmmmm....not sure if there is a huge difference in size. The Premium is a Toyota Avalon or similar and the Full Size is Chevrolet Impala or similar. Decision...decisions.....It will be myself, my DH and two children (one car seat).

Just to help you here. You will not find an Avalon at Alamo in Orlando.

April 11-21 with BJs $40 coupon $275 for a minivan. Awesome. How does Alamo Insiders work? Never used Alamo, always use National but this price is too good.

April 11-21 with BJs $40 coupon $275 for a minivan. Awesome. How does Alamo Insiders work? Never used Alamo, always use National but this price is too good.

It is easier to refer you to the Alamo site. click on the Insiders tab and read the terms and conditions.

I had just rebooked last night for a better rate but checked again after reading on here and went down even more! I'm getting an economy car (just dh and i on this trip) for 85 including taxes and fees! WOW!!! this is for 6 nights mid april .

I put in the travelocity code from above and my Insider's number. For some reason, a mid-size SUV came up with a rate of $157 including taxes for a week's rental. It was cheaper than any other car (including an economy). I booked it right away but am now wondering if it was a glitch in the system and whether they will honor it or not.

I put in the same codes again and the rental was over $300 for the same car. Did I just get lucky and hit enter at the right time? Or do you suppose it was a computer error and we might have trouble when we pick up the car?

We need to transport 5 people plus luggage. I had planned on getting a full size car but if this SUV will work it was much cheaper.

It is easier to refer you to the Alamo site. click on the Insiders tab and read the terms and conditions.

Thank you! You provide very helpful car rental information! What do you think the biggest difference between a full size and premium car are? I would imagine, maybe the features??? Just trying to think if the extra $36 is actually worth it. My DH says yes but I'm not quite sure.

CCGirl...We have three kids and have rented full size in the past and had enough room.

I had also reserved the Premium, but then a couple people mentioned that they weren't seeing any Avalons there anyway. I know the Impala has big enough trunk space, so I figured I would use my $30 saved for fun stuff at Disney!

Oh...the travelocity coupon was on their website a while back and said you didn't need to show it. If you are nervous, book through Costco or BJs and print out actual coupon.

Thanks again. It was actually $6 cheaper to use the BJ's coupon so that's the one I used. Exactly, that's what I said to DH, $36 is a lunch somewhere.

Thank you! You provide very helpful car rental information! What do you think the biggest difference between a full size and premium car are? I would imagine, maybe the features??? Just trying to think if the extra $36 is actually worth it. My DH says yes but I'm not quite sure.

I couldn't find the procedures though once you get to the airport. Do you have to go to the counter? Straight to the garage?

I couldn't find the procedures though once you get to the airport. Do you have to go to the counter? Straight to the garage?

If you are referring to the Alamo Insiders....

Do I get to by-pass the counter with Alamo Insiders?
Alamo Insiders offers members two different ways to skip the traditional rental counter process. Our Online Check-in process allows you to complete your rental prior to leaving on your trip and go straight to your vehicle upon arrival at the rental location. Alamo also offers a self-service kiosk to complete your rental upon arrival.

If you are referring to the Alamo Insiders....

Do I get to by-pass the counter with Alamo Insiders?
Alamo Insiders offers members two different ways to skip the traditional rental counter process. Our Online Check-in process allows you to complete your rental prior to leaving on your trip and go straight to your vehicle upon arrival at the rental location. Alamo also offers a self-service kiosk to complete your rental upon arrival.

I'm pretty sure that if you use a coupon you have to go to the counter regardless of being an Insider member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter