April 27th Report Part Six "The End"

kritters4

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!! So we have been home now for over a week and does the "real world" hit you hard!! In looking back I can say it was one of the best family vacations we had ever taken. Like I said in the beginning "take the good with the bad". Here are a few last minute thoughts....

No matter how hard you try, your gonna miss something... enjoy what you do see. Really missed the Choclate Souffle at Palos.

Saying that, I still wish we would have seen the Variety show on the first night,and The Morty show.

Would have gotten the stupid $35 soda mug...only one!

Would have made more of a "Land Plan", felt too stressed not knowing where we should go the night before, just plan ,not to plan, and know where your going.

Would not have spent the time to do a load of laundry, took too long and the kids just put it all in the wash when we got home anyway !!

Should have brought a big duffle bag to take home dirty laundry and to put dirty laundry in during the week.

Would have liked to "explore" the ship deck by deck, not a big deal just would have like to do it.

Wish I would have known that you feel the ship move, duh you say...I just thought something that big you wouldn't feel...well you do and we had very slight seas. I think the weather has a great deal to do with the success of your trip, thank God ours was great.

Packed WAY TOO MUCH. Thought we'd need a short outfit and a dinner outfit every day,..didn't, stayed in our bathing suites most of the day and went right to dinner outfit. Didn't really need the small things some mention on this board...nightlight-closet has a small one , just crack the door or the bathroom door. Two way radios-some swear by them, we really never had the need. Juice boxes-kids just nagged me the entire week(tried to save them for beach days) bring cups with lids or water bottles and fill them at lunch with juice and put them in the beverage cooler during the day, would have worked fine. Drink mix, too lazy to go back to the room and too feeble minded to remember to have the mix with me when we needed it. They also have disposable cups at the drink station and lids to take water with you back to the room, could take these to lunch and put juice in them too!!

Bring snorkle stuff, saved lots of $$$, DH packed a some beer too, forgot to put the last "extra" ones in zip lock baggies and sure enough they were empty when we arrived, just snorkle and beach stuff in that suitecase thank goodness!!

Would have worn lots and lots of sunscreen and reapplied it often!! (didn't ruin our trip, did stuff wouldn't have normally done)

Wish we would have seen at least one sunset or sunrise. (Busy?)

Go for the varanda if you can...it's great you'll love it.

Navagators series were really good try to see some of them.

Try to get a Mid-ship room, helps with the seasickness (or so I was told)

Beverage cooler did its job, no trouble as reported by some.

Get ready for lots and lots of LITTLE kids, I was never bothered by any of them, just made me feel a little sad and sentimental that mine weren't one of them again, begging to see Snow White or Pinocchio. Truly some of my fondest memories are of my kids in Disney World....and now on this trip as well.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us. My family can't wait to go - 1 month from now we will be on the Magic. I am hoping that a visit to WL, AKL, Dolphin, and CR after the cruise will help soften the feeling of "back to the real world" for us. Thank you again.

Where did you buy your snorkel equipment. We are trying to decide whether it is worth it to buy it (for 30-60) a person, or whether we shouold just do the excursions.
Any suggestions? I heard Costco, but we don't have one anywhere around here, and they don't have the snorkel stuff available on their website.

Believe it or not, Walmart! It wasn't any way near "professional", but it served its purpose. The kids can use it in our pool now that we are home!

Very good report, thanks. We were on the same cruise, also stayed on deck 7, had later dinner sitting with LAP rotation. I think we lucked out with the weather as we had no problems at all and this was our first cruise, I hope that further cruises will be just as good, I think we just might get hooked on this cruising thing, or maybe we could just take back to back 3&4 day cruises to visist Cataway Key more often. All the Best:D :D :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks for sharing all (the good and the bad) with us. I enjoyed reading all about the cruise.

We were on the same cruise as you. As we were out on the verhanda waiting for disembarkation we noticed a sad sight. A funeral home heast was pulled up to the ship and we saw a person being loaded into it. There were at least four police officers watching the proceedure. I was wondering if you had heard anything about what happened.
Thank you for the trip report. We had a great time also.
Sheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter