April 27, 2013 Wonder 5-night

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by gator287, May 7, 2012.

1. gator287

gator287 Mouseketeer

Starting a meet thread for our cruise. We are Suzy, Ed, Hannah (DD-9) and Rebecca (DD-5). We are hoping to start a FE group too! Look forward to sailing with you next year. :yay:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Princess Sleepy

Princess Sleepy DIS Veteran

Looking for my fellow cruisers on board the Wonder next spring. I have done 1 cruise on the Dream last Halloween and I have one booked on the Fantasy for New Year's Eve 2013. I turn 40 in February and my BFF turns 40 this June, so we are celebrating by cruising on the Wonder. Can't wait to count down the next 339 days with you all.

4. Princess Sleepy

Hi Gator287,
    Are you Suzy or Ed? I'm glad the moderator linked us up. I didn't see anything listed when I looked. I just booked yesterday for me and my BFF. This will be my second Disney cruise and her first. Looking forward to getting to know people.

Sarah

5. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

6. gator287

gator287 Mouseketeer

Sarah,

We are both Suzy and Ed. LOL. Mainly just myself, Suzy posting, but Ed is always lurking around too! This will be cruise number 11 for the 2 of us. Girls will have 9 and 6 themselves! We are excited to go on the Wonder again. It was our first on our honeymoon. We love the WONDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to meet you!
    Suzy

7. emilyclaire

emilyclaire Mouseketeer

So excited to find a meetup thread for our cruise. Hope more people will get "onboard" and post shortly! Just wanted to introduce myself...I am Emily, and I will be traveling with my husband Dave, my 1 year-old son Luke, and my mother-in-law Laura. This will be our first time on a Disney Cruise. Can't wait!

8. Princess Sleepy

:welcome: Emily. You and your family will love cruising with Disney! My sister-in-law did her first cruise last fall with her one-year old and she was amazed how relaxing it was. She said they showed up at her door with a diaper genie because they thought she might want it. Our servers cut the kids' food for them because they said we were on vacation and shouldn't have to do it. The kid care is outstanding at every level. Even though my BFF and I won't have our kids along on this trip, we've always lived by the motto that you're only young once, but you can be immature forever. ;) Actually, we prefer to think of ourselves as young at heart. We are so looking forward to this cruise.

9. gator287

gator287 Mouseketeer

If either of you have any questions, let us know. This will be cruise #11 for us, all with Disney. We have cruised by by ourselves (before kids) and when the girls were babies and up. Please let us know if we can be of any help answering questions. We are super excited to be back on the Wonder (our first ship). Can't wait as this gets closer. Talk to you all soon.
    Suzy

10. emilyclaire

emilyclaire Mouseketeer

Thanks, Princess and Gator! I am sure I will have plenty of questions, as I am a big planner. Wouldn't be on the DIS if I wasn't! Lol.

Gator -- 11 cruises -- WOW! That's impressive. You must have so many fantastic memories.

Princess -- Thanks for the info about the kiddos. Definitely makes me feel better about traveling with a child so young. DS will be just two months shy of 2 when we travel, so I know it can be a tricky age in terms of what he likes, what he's scared of, when he'll nap, what he'll eat, etc. That's why we thought Disney was the perfect option, since they know how to handle all that! Love the thing about cutting the food too. DS just started table foods about a month ago, and Mommy has had nothing but cold food ever since! :lmao:

11. CrzyforPiglet

CrzyforPiglet <font color=CC33FF>You bring a smile the to the Ta

We're going too!

We are a family of 4 - me, DH, DS (7), and DD (3). This is our second cruise ever and but first for my DD. Last time we were on the Wonder our DS was just shy of 2 and had a great time but it nearly killed him not to go in the big pools on the ship - our mission is to get DD potty trained by cruising time so we won't have the same issue.

We're very excited - Laurie

12. gator287

gator287 Mouseketeer

:cheer2:
    Laurie,

Welcome to the April 27th Winder Cruise!

We can't wait to get to April. Our little Rebecca (will be 5 on cruise) asks about "her" boat a lot. I think she learned that from Big Sister Hannah (will be 9). You can get her potty trained by april. Think positive. She will get the clubs and the pools! She will be happy! She can do it! She can do it! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:beach:

13. rcchello

rcchello DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!
    Just booked this cruise while aboard the NYC - Canada Cruise. This will be my wife (Amy) and my (Bob) 4th cruise on the Wonder. We will cruising without kids (the youngest is 23).

Our planning will be limited to whether to take to Tulum tour and what night to eat at Palo. We find Disney Cruises the ultimate in relaxation.

14. Princess Sleepy

Hi Bob and Amy! Welcome aboard. How was the NYC/Canada cruise? Is it weird to be cruising somewhere that isn't tropical? I thought about the west coast repositioning cruise, but was having trouble picturing a cruise without a tropical beach. (I know the Alaska cruises are great, but they seem different somehow.)

15. rcchello

rcchello DIS Veteran

The Canada Cruise was great. Each day we were in port we wandered around the cities, but the real point was being on the cruise - to me the ports are secondary. If I really wanted to see a city I would drive there or fly in and stay long enough to see the sites. We also did the Vancouver to LA cruise and other than Victoria the real sight seeing was in Vancouver and LA.

16. Princess Sleepy

Only 197 days to go! :cool1:

17. angiemima

angiemima Angiemima

Hi! We are happy to be joining this cruise as our end of a back to back.
    Myself, DH, DD, DS, DD This will be our 3rd and LOVE them! So relaxing and to unplug! Disney does it right!
    ~We would like to join the FE when that comes into play. Thank you!

18. angiemima

angiemima Angiemima

Forgot to update my tickers!

19. Cats12

Cats12 Mouseketeer

Hi all,

I just booked this cruise a couple of days ago. It will be out 4th on DCL. So excited!! I will be bringing my DH, DD(will be 6) and DS (will be 3) with me. I am in the same boat, excuse the pun, with potty training. Although my little one has been sort of trained for 6 months, making sure there are no accidents scares me. Maybe I can use this as motivation, since his problem is choosing to participate!

I also am interested in participating in a FE if there is one. I'm sort of intimidated by the fabulous stuff I've seen on here that other people do. Can anyone tell me if they are all amazing, or if those people just go above and beyond? I'm not sure I can handle the pressure! :-)

Melissa

20. gator287

gator287 Mouseketeer

It is getting time to organize the FE list, is anyone interested in takin the lead? We havve almost 3 months till sail off! Can't wait!
    Suzy

21. Cats12

Cats12 Mouseketeer

I'm excited to try it, but don't know how to organize it. I don't even know what the means exactly :-)