April 25, 2015 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean!!

Does anyone know if we change our room this close to sailing if DCL mails replacement luggage tags or what happens? Thanks in advance for any replies.
From my understanding, you'll have blank tags when you drop off luggage that will have hand written cabin numbers (for whatever your new cabin is).
I've never experienced this though, this is just from things I've read about upgrades and such :)

Hi Everyone -

The newbie here again! I have a few questions for some of you seasoned experts...thanks in advance for your help!

1) Are FE gifts given anonymously or do we sign our name/cabin # to them?

2) Is there a particular day assigned to each family to hand out the gifts, or do we decide on our own?

Thanks! I can't believe how close we are to sailing!

1) You can do either. Some people give anonymously and some write who it's from ^_^
2) No there is no assigned for our group. Do whenever you'd like. Some groups assign, some don't. We are the don't kind lol

We are in Stateroom #8584! Can't wait.
Thank you! I have updated your information ^_^
You guys are on the same deck as us! :D

... 1) Are FE gifts given anonymously or do we sign our name/cabin # to them?
2) Is there a particular day assigned to each family to hand out the gifts, or do we decide on our own?...

Lisa, we've both received and gifted anonymously and signed. Some people like to know who've they've received something from to keep track and make notes. We've never had assigned days to do the FE, and tend to do it by decks over a couple days when we have a few minutes between activities. As a tip, understandably, very few people have their extenders hung early the first day. However, some people distribute their gifts late that night/early the next morning. And, it's pretty rare to get anything the last day onboard (probably because everyone is packing to disembark). It's really kind of exciting doing it at different times on different days; there are usually morning deliveries when heading out most days, and afternoon/night deliveries to look forward to when getting back to the cabin. Some people theme their gift and time it to that (such as giving out pirate eyepatches for pirate night).

Lisa, we've both received and gifted anonymously and signed. Some people like to know who've they've received something from to keep track and make notes. We've never had assigned days to do the FE, and tend to do it by decks over a couple days when we have a few minutes between activities. As a tip, understandably, very few people have their extenders hung early the first day. However, some people distribute their gifts late that night/early the next morning. And, it's pretty rare to get anything the last day onboard (probably because everyone is packing to disembark). It's really kind of exciting doing it at different times on different days; there are usually morning deliveries when heading out most days, and afternoon/night deliveries to look forward to when getting back to the cabin. Some people theme their gift and time it to that (such as giving out pirate eyepatches for pirate night).

Thank you for the 411!

Have any of you been to San Juan before? I read a magazine article earlier this week on things to do on your own in various ports of call. In Puerto Rico, the suggestion was to go for mofongo and a pina colada at Barrachina. It's supposedly only a half mile walk from the port. If you've been, we'd be interested in your feedback. If we do an excursion in the morning, and go back to the ship for a lite lunch and freshen up, would we then have enough time to go at 2 in the afternoon and get back on time for all aboard? If so, is it worth the visit? P.S. The article said this restaurant claims to have invented the pina colada drink. And, mofongo is mashed plaintains with veggies and meat that is supposedly a popular Caribbean dish, though we'd never heard of it before.

3:15...we will try to make it. No room assignment yet, but expecting it any day! I have this set up as an alert, but i totally missed the past few days...not sure why it isn't alerting me when there are new posts!

Hey everyone we just booked this cruise and it will be our 10th Disney cruise, we are thrilled to have gotten this date as it is 2 days after our son turns 5!

Last edited:
Welcome Cheryl. My understanding is the FE for this cruise closed by March 31st. This occurs due to the preparation needed for the FE. I'm not participating either although I have in the past. It is quite time-consuming both before cruising and during but fun too. However my question for the board too is will there be a meet and greet or should I plan one for the kiddos to meet up?

See above for FE.

We have not received our room assignment yet either. Actually kind of exciting to not know yet.

Also there is an informal meet and greet mainly for the kids at 3:15pm in the atrium to the right of the staircase.

Oh, goodness, Debby, what a rough year. Your family certainly deserves the break!
Seconding Kris' suggestion to arrive at the port early, if you get there by 11AM, you may get an earlier onboard time, though probably not. DCL assigns boarding group numbers which are supposed to be close to your time. But, while they are supposed to start at 11AM, after a dozen cruises, we haven't seen it yet. It's usually closer to Noon, but then it goes pretty fast...you'll see.
If you can't get on until 1PM, though, it's probably no big deal. You'll get a Navigator in the terminal. If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out samples at
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ and you'll get an idea in advance on the when/where for tasting sign-ups, etc. I'm not sure about the meet & greet tickets, but you shouldn't have a problem getting a tasting as there are several types (beer, wine, etc.) and times offered to choose from. And, if you can't reserve the Palo time you want online in advance, most of the reservations are made onboard, so if you are flexible to their availability, you should be able to get something. The only day that getting Palo reservations is usually a problem is pirate night, as some adults opt to dress up for dinner rather than dress like a pirate for the deck party. But, if you've never done it, your family probably wants to join in the pirate fun ... aaarrrggghhh!
One suggestion for getting on at 1PM is to consider going to the MDR that is available instead of the buffet. The buffet will be crowded by then, and while you'll probably find a table for your family, it may not be the most relaxing beginning to your vacation. The MDR usually has the same buffet items in a less chaotic environment, and you get to meet some of the crew as they bring your drinks to the table, so there is less running around right away.
I hope you find these suggestions from our previous experiences helpful; after your first time, you'll be hooked too!

Hello - Can you tell me what an MDR is? Thanks!

Deadline for FE Sign Ups are March 31st
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ap...astern-caribbean.3221504/page-2#post-52880220
Click link for FE Sign Up Info

Haha cute ^_^ Perhaps have it written on the magnet what to do with it?

Yup, at the top of my post has a link to where you go to get the info to sign up :) You just need to reply to this thread to sign up (with the info required on the FE Post) :)

:welcome:
That's wonderful! GTY is fine, just as long as it will be updated sometime I've added you and your family to the list :)
Just a few more questions though: Alan and Nathan are male and Jen and Natalie are Female? Also, are you guys celebrating anything this trip?
Oh and if you guys have any, please include any character preferences :)

Hi, I am replying to the post since I just had my DIS alert come to my email!!!

Names: Kayleigh (Adult, Female) and Megan (Adult, Female)
Cabin #: Currently N/A
Celebrating: Megan's Birthday!
Allergies: N/A
Character Preferences: Lion King, Minnie Mouse, Cinderella

I will update when we get our cabin # asap

Thank you!

Hi, I am replying to the post since I just had my DIS alert come to my email!!!

Names: Kayleigh (Adult, Female) and Megan (Adult, Female)
Cabin #: Currently N/A
Celebrating: Megan's Birthday!
Allergies: N/A
Character Preferences: Lion King, Minnie Mouse, Cinderella

I will update when we get our cabin # asap

Thank you!

I'm sorry but sign ups for the FE are closed. Though, I think there were some people putting together a small last-minute FE group :)

Hey everyone we just booked this cruise and it will be our 10th Disney cruise, we are thrilled to have gotten this date as it is 2 days after our son turns 5! I tried to get onto the facebook page and its pending but I am praying we can get in on the FE as my kids LOVE it! Can anyone guide me on this or let me know if anyone is willing to add us and we will contribute of course too. Thanks
FE Sign ups are closed. However, I know some people were wanting to get a small group for last minute bookings :)

There has been an update to the list: FE LIST & INFO

The master list will be maintained by Tina while onboard. There will also be a whiteboard on her stateroom door to update your cabin if you upgrade or don't get cabin assignments until day of departure.

I will continue to update the list until April 22nd. I will update the list on April 23rd ONLY if *GT assignments are made.

I'm also a fan of Vidia but figured I should limited my list of characters ::yes::
Anyone else have spa treatments booked so far? I'm planning on a massage one day and facial another. Still trying to work out the timing of each of them.

Think we're just doing Rainforest passes in the spa this trip. But, massages and facials are so relaxing ... enjoy!

Was reading another travel article and came across a shopping tip for San Juan. Has anyone brought back a caretas, or evil spirit mask? The article says they make great wall hanging conversation pieces, so I'm thinking they're big! Obviously, we couldn't bring home through Customs one made from coconut, and the picture doesn't look like it matches our house, but a really small one of paper mache might be considered if I could craft an accent piece out of it.

FE Sign ups are closed. However, I know some people were wanting to get a small group for last minute bookings :)
Do you have any contact info for the people setting up the last minute small group??? I tried to get approval on the fb page yesterday morning and have messaged 2 of the admins and it still says pending. If anyone can help with this I would so appreciate it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!