April 2013 pin code watch

Hi everyone! We have our trip booked at a moderate for end of April but am hoping to switch it to deluxe if I get a room discount. I'm getting a bit discouraged about an April-May discount. This waiting for a discount to come out is brutal. :sad2:

I agree that the waiting is tough. We waited for the April discount for 2012 and were rewarded by a PIN for my wife just prior to the public offers. It was 5% higher (30%) than the public offers (25%) for the deluxes at that time.

We too have an April 2013 trip planned and hope for a discount. We are going to book the "bounce back" offer on Saturday when we arrive for our “what the heck it’s Christmas” trip, but the current bounce back appears to only cover 4 of our 6 nights. It’s 35% off, so nothing to sneeze at even for only 4 of the 6 days. We are hoping for an AP, Visa or Public offer that covers all 6-nights for us in April. With the undiscountable cruise, the 6-nights pre-cruise are really expensive at Poly rack rates. Keep your fingers crossed and I know there will be something soon!

Mike
Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4 ½ ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

and

no PINs and still no discounts posted for April. This is later than they offered April discounts last year. bummer.

cgulls said:
no PINs and still no discounts posted for April. This is later than they offered April discounts last year. bummer.

I got a April pin code in the mail today!

I got a bit excited and started paying on my April trip with gift cards I had collected. Well, I paid the trip off :goodvibes

BUT, if a discount comes out, will they be able to apply it to my account and leave the credit? I could use that as my spending money on my KTTW card if so.

MADnNOLA said:
I got a bit excited and started paying on my April trip with gift cards I had collected. Well, I paid the trip off :goodvibes

BUT, if a discount comes out, will they be able to apply it to my account and leave the credit? I could use that as my spending money on my KTTW card if so.

On another thread, mickeystoontown posted to keep your gift cards, even if they have a zero balance. That way , if there is a refund, it has to go back on the gift card you originally used.

... keep your gift cards, even if they have a zero balance. That way , if there is a refund, it has to go back on the gift card you originally used.

This is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. I had several GC I used for purchased last month. When I went to return an item, even though part of it was paid with my debit card, they had to have the GC. If you DON'T have it, a refund can still be done but it is a HUGE hassle. Fortunately I had kept all my cards so I went back to the room and got them.

I also downloded an app through Apple "Disney Gift Card" that keeps track of your card numbers and the open balance. I used a Magic Marker to write numbers (1 thru 9) on each GC as I entered the information into the program - REALLY helped a lot in matching up the account number printed on the receipt. That way I knew exactly which 'empty' card I had to bring back.

NEVER TOSS THOSE CARDS until your trip is complete and you are SURE you won't need them again. They are also reloadable!

marylandgirl said:
Aren't those just the regular prices?

After chatting with Disney it appears that yes it is regular prices!! Nt sure why they bothered to send that to me

After chatting with Disney it appears that yes it is regular prices!! Nt sure why they bothered to send that to me

...because if you weren't so astute or thoughtful enough to check here you might have booked a room thinking you were getting a deal. They surely test lots of offers to see what sticks. It's a little disingenuous for them to sell you the current rates and let you think you're getting a deal but companies do it all the time. It pays to look into what you're buying before actually buying. As you've done.

I currently have a pin for 25% off of POP standard room. Which, i already booked....Just wondering about a free dining pin. (hoping) that would even save more money. But, no other offers i have seen except the % discount.

I also seems as if maybe this 25% off will be my only offer for April-May. If it is..its still a good offer though.

If the chart on the other thread is accurate, I'll be saving another $733 over the AAA room rate I have now (including the cost of tix).

I think I'd be pretty happy with that. :thumbsup2

cjsm&d said:
If the chart on the other thread is accurate, I'll be saving another $733 over the AAA room rate I have now (including the cost of tix).

I think I'd be pretty happy with that. :thumbsup2

Which chart/thread are you referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Which chart/thread are you referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thread title- Ladies and Gentleman this will be the new promotion for 2013
First page of thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033203

7th page, link to chart is halfway down from danny25
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033203&page=7

9th page, Deluxe chart on 2nd posting, danny25
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033203&page=9

I am doing a 3 room ressie at POR for April 15-22. The savings or lack of savings varies greatly by resort and category. The deluxe "deals" don't look too hot.

For my POR ressie
Rack rate is $5079 for 3 rooms
AAA rate is $4723 for 3 rooms (currently booked at)
The January 3 discount from the thread is $4455 for 3 rooms

The ticket discount for 8 10+ tix and 1 3-9 Ticket for 6 day base is $465 cheaper than base price.

Rack + Tix = $7724
AAA Rate + Tix = $7368
The expected Jan. 3 deal: Rm + Tix = $6635

I've gotten better deals in the past, but I'll be happy to take this one.

I had received my pin code back in the fall (maybe Sept) and booked right away. I 1st booked us at POR for 7 nites then a couple months later I switched to the POLY for 8 nites. They said they gave me the "PIN" discount but the price surely didn't seem like they did. Since I didn't have the 2013 rates yet I had no way to compare it yet. My pin gave multiple dates for 35% off deluxe & lesser as you go down to Value OR you can choose the free Dining Plan. I'm calling tomorrow to get exact prices...

If you have a Disney Visa you can book with a discount now for April. Just call! Unfortunately for me - we are pretty set on staying at the Poly Club - and there is no discount available for that. I had a feeling that was going ot happen as the club is closed Jan - midMarch for refurbs.

Oh well - better luck next time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter