April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

Yesterday I booked an Alamo mid size while signed into my alamo insiders account for 177.60 pick up is in ft Myers on 4/6 drop off in Orlando on 4/15

just rented via national with klm & visa code on this thread- april 15 to 23 for a midside (all you need for the emerald aisle as we are members) for $280!

just rented via national with klm & visa code on this thread- april 15 to 23 for a midside (all you need for the emerald aisle as we are members) for $280!

Was that the "upgrade" visa code? This is our first time using National and I did join the Emerald Club, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to rent a compact with upgrade coupon to get the midsize you need to use the emerald aisle.

I'm subscribing, too! We are looking for any car from Apr 14-22. Cheapest I can find is through Costco. Economy for $287.35 all in.

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Any other Alamo Codes out there? :confused3

I'm not finding anything out there! In fact, rates for Orlando rentals seems to be going even higher than before. I really hope these last 30-45 days show some decent sales or I'll be going with the 2 one ways to Port Canaveral that I booked in May!!:scared1:

Word of Caution with Alamo's New Website Setup

It's nice that Alamo re-did their website the boxes are bigger and easier to see.

However, now if you're clicking to their website's link from another website-like BJ's Travel Services or Entertainment Book's, it doesn't give you the option to login into your Insider's account therefore stacking that discount with BJ's or Entertainment book.

I found that I had to scroll down to the bottom and click on site map to get that option.

Then-

No matter what you do after that, you can't drop the BJ's discount to try another. I closed out the window. Rebooted the computer. Onlyu cleaning the cookies does it.

It also displays your previously booked reservations after you log into your Insider's Account. I would say the chances of finding a better deal in that instance are not good. Seems like they're tracking people trying to re-book for a better deal.

From now on I'll not log into Insider's (the discount is 10%, it's easy to guess the savings) until I'm ready to reserve. And I'll be cleaning cookies in between discount codes.

OK...what's the scoop on PayLess Car Rental @ MCO?
We've used a few different "big name" renters, but I don't know nuttin' 'bout PayLess. ;)

Any issues...they are significantly less for my rental period in late April.

Yes, they have a reputation for quoting one thing and having it be significantly higher when you pick up or drop off. Several complaints on these boards and warnings. You could do a search to read about it. I wouldn't do it.

Yesterday I booked an Alamo mid size while signed into my alamo insiders account for 177.60 pick up is in ft Myers on 4/6 drop off in Orlando on 4/15

That's great! Wish I was flying into Ft. Myers! Tampa's probably not that bad either. Just Orlando!

I'm looking to rent a car to drive from Michigan to WDW. Are there any companies that allow you to stack more than one coupon?

"...............

Yes, they have a reputation for quoting one thing and having it be significantly higher when you pick up or drop off. Several complaints on these boards and warnings. You could do a search to read about it. I wouldn't do it.
.........!

Thanks!
I had a funny feeling....:idea:
I sure hate to plop down primo money for a 4 day rental...plus parking at Universal's hotels, but still hoping to find a reasonable rate.

RV

I wish rates would drop just a little. Alamo is $500. National is just as high. The best rate I see is the KLM code which I am not 100% comfortable using. I know several people have used it without problems, I just would feel more comfortable using my BJ's card which I know I can use.

I wish rates would drop just a little. Alamo is $500. National is just as high. The best rate I see is the KLM code which I am not 100% comfortable using. I know several people have used it without problems, I just would feel more comfortable using my BJ's card which I know I can use.

We're going in March, we're about 3 weeks out and I am just now seeing rates begin to drop.

Check your April/May Alamo rates....they just dropped significantly for my dates. They had been running $400 to $500 for 4/21 to May 1. I just booked this am for a total of $275 all in with Alamo Insiders code and a BJ's coupon.Good Luck everyone.....hopefully this is just the beginning of the drop!!

Check your April/May Alamo rates....they just dropped significantly for my dates. They had been running $400 to $500 for 4/21 to May 1. I just booked this am for a total of $275 all in with Alamo Insiders code and a BJ's coupon.Good Luck everyone.....hopefully this is just the beginning of the drop!!

What is the insider code? I logged in to my insider account and search 4/27-5/5 and get $500-$600. It puts a coupon code in but no contract code?

thx

I checked this morning and was able to drop my rate a little bit with alamo - still have a ressie with national with the emerald isle too I will likely cancel.

Alamo 4/15 to 4/23 standard car for 269. I used the southwest rewards member id (free to join) and the visa coupon AD2338FDF for $30 off the rental.

Still hopeful I will get it down a bit. I typically can get it closer to 200 for a week with working at it!

Hi guys, late to the game here...but I booked on Thrifty this morning.

Pickup April 23 12noon
Dropoff May 1 12noon

Total: $238.00

My flight actually gets in at 10am, but I figure by the time I get down to the rental cars it'll be about noon anyway. I didn't use any promo codes or coupons. The 10% off using an AmEx was actually about $15 more. Still hoping to bring it down a bit....good luck to us all!

rdevine10 said:
I checked this morning and was able to drop my rate a little bit with alamo - still have a ressie with national with the emerald isle too I will likely cancel.

Alamo 4/15 to 4/23 standard car for 269. I used the southwest rewards member id (free to join) and the visa coupon AD2338FDF for $30 off the rental.

Still hopeful I will get it down a bit. I typically can get it closer to 200 for a week with working at it!

Didn't know about the Southwest code. Fantastic! Our dates are Apr 30-May 9 and I had a ressie with National and the KLM code for $294 for a compact. With the Southwest and Visa codes, got it down to $226 for a mid-size. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks - just brought down my reservation $60 to $335. Still way too high, but it is a startb:cool1:

What is the Southwest code? I used the Costco code because I did not know the Southwest one. Wondering which is better n

Do we need a coupon for the Visa #, or just pay wit a visa?

Thanks!

Thanks - just brought down my reservation $60 to $335. Still way too high, but it is a startb:cool1:

What is the Southwest code? I used the Costco code because I did not know the Southwest one. Wondering which is better n

Do we need a coupon for the Visa #, or just pay wit a visa?

Thanks!

The southwest code is for being a member of rapid rewards, which is free (although I am already a member). The visa coupon is for just paying with a visa!

The southwest code is for being a member of rapid rewards, which is free (although I am already a member). The visa coupon is for just paying with a visa!

Thanks!

I am a Southwest rewards member - I just did not know the number & wondered if you had it handy.

Good to know I just have to pay with a Visa :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks!

I am a Southwest rewards member - I just did not know the number & wondered if you had it handy.

Good to know I just have to pay with a Visa :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sorry here is the Southwest code:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!