April 2010 ABD Backstage Magic : California Here We Come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to meeting you, and hearing more stories! Just curious, what career direction did you choose?

I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the group as well (at least those I haven't already met on the Podcast Cruise). I do have a lot of interesting stories, having attended both the 35th and 50th anniversaries at Disneyland and the 15th at Paris and the 1st at Hong Kong. (I still have yet to make it to Tokyo, though I will have by the time of this trip.)

I ended up going into E-Commerce Risk Management Software (ie: I make it harder for criminals to use your credit card online.). This is actually a little funny/sad because one of the folks Dave put me in contact with was Van France, the founder of Disney University (predecessor of sorts to the Disney Institute). Van and I became pen pals and he (being something of a technophobe, he typed all his letters on an old Royal manual typewriter) was happy at the time that I was headed for a career in the arts as opposed to a more conventional tech job. I always felt a little guilty about not following through with that, but I enjoy my work, and I still find time for Disney.

Hey Kevin and John, If this goes well, can Storybook Kingdoms be next? Pretty Please !!!!

HELLO ABD'ers!!!!!!

Anyone interested in putting a list of names together of who is going, so we can get to know eachother and have fun talking about this amazing trip? I started a thread but I think we are all gathered here. I think Kevin will update the 1st post our names if we ask nicely.
for you Kevin! --->:flower3: :flower3:

Oh Kevin Love, could you? would you? :goodvibes

OK I will start, so far I know of... (because Pete announced on the podcast) Pete, Walter, Kevin and John

Pete and Walter (celebrating his 2nd 25th birthday!:cake: )
Kevin and John
Miss Missy - Lisa and DD Khalee (celebrating her SWEET 16!)

who else is joining in the fun?????????????? :woohoo:

I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the group as well (at least those I haven't already met on the Podcast Cruise). I do have a lot of interesting stories, having attended both the 35th and 50th anniversaries at Disneyland and the 15th at Paris and the 1st at Hong Kong. (I still have yet to make it to Tokyo, though I will have by the time of this trip.)

I ended up going into E-Commerce Risk Management Software (ie: I make it harder for criminals to use your credit card online.). This is actually a little funny/sad because one of the folks Dave put me in contact with was Van France, the founder of Disney University (predecessor of sorts to the Disney Institute). Van and I became pen pals and he (being something of a technophobe, he typed all his letters on an old Royal manual typewriter) was happy at the time that I was headed for a career in the arts as opposed to a more conventional tech job. I always felt a little guilty about not following through with that, but I enjoy my work, and I still find time for Disney.

Nice to meet ya, this is going to be a great time :)

Can't wait to hear stories too!

HELLO ABD'ers!!!!!!

Anyone interested in putting a list of names together of who is going, so we can get to know eachother and have fun talking about this amazing trip? I started a thread but I think we are all gathered here. I think Kevin will update the 1st post our names if we ask nicely.
for you Kevin! --->:flower3: :flower3:

Oh Kevin Love, could you? would you? :goodvibes

OK I will start, so far I know of... (because Pete announced on the podcast) Pete, Walter, Kevin and John

Pete and Walter (celebrating his 2nd 25th birthday!:cake: )
Kevin and John
Miss Missy - Lisa and DD Khalee (celebrating her SWEET 16!)

who else is joining in the fun?????????????? :woohoo:

Count me in :teacher:
Corky441 = Marilee and DH Dino

I'm Kim - tickledtink33

Many of you know my roomie who I'm sure will post soon. She went to visit family after the podcast cruise.

Lisa, John made the first post on this thread so Kevin probably can't update it with our names. We will be a small group. I'm sure we will get to know each other quickly.

I'm Kim - tickledtink33

Many of you know my roomie who I'm sure will post soon. She went to visit family after the podcast cruise.

Lisa, John made the first post on this thread so Kevin probably can't update it with our names. We will be a small group. I'm sure we will get to know each other quickly.

HI ya Kim!! Yay for us huh! Oh I think Kevin knows a way to get the post updated :) trust me, Kevin can work magic ;) tee hee

I'm a planner. I love to plan - I need to plan :surfweb:

Since I have almost 11 months to wait for this experience - I needed to find out "MORE"

I found these two links to our fellow DISer's report for the ABD Backstage Magic Tour... Boy am I getting more excited by the minute :cheer2:

here are the links: enjoy

http://www.sailingbeagle.blogspot.com

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2035488

Me too! It is just as enjoying to perpare for the trip! We are going to WDW in Aug, so I have 2 trips to plan YAY! Now I wont be as blue with WDW withdrawals when I get back :)

I am all about looking at those links! THANKS!!

Hi all -

I will be joining the fun next year - still working on a roomie, but may be traveling solo..... I am a 47 year old single mom from Houston, and my usual travel buddy will be in her first year in high school and unable to miss.

I am so excited for this trip and to meet you all. I have been scouring the 'net for trip reports, too, and uncovered the following... (I hope it is OK to post, even though they aren't from the Dis :scared1:.) Also, these probably contain spoilers, so consider before you read

http://land.allears.net/blogs/allearsteam/adventures_by_disney/backstage_magic/

http://www.wileenet.com/DisneyTripReports/AbD_BackStageMagic/Day0.htm

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=619&Itemid=214

Enjoy!

John made the first post on this thread so Kevin probably can't update it with our names.

Ye of little faith....:rotfl2:

I can do ANYTHING....(almost)

I have started the OFFICIAL ABD TRIP LIST as part of John's original post.

I have added the folks that specifically said it was ok to add them.

I will update the list as people tell me it's ok to add their names.:thumbsup2

Hi Kevin, you can officially add Tracey and I to the list. Can't wait to meet you all.

Hi Kevin, you can add my (and my partner's) name to the list:
Chris (columnwest) and Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter