April 2006.. WHo's going

JennyMominRI

<font color=red>Live from Red Sox Nation<br><font
I think we are booking the GF for late Apri. My AO runs out the 29th so it will be before thenl

We are!

Our niece is the only member of my wife's family that live in our town who has not gone (she is 14 today), so we are taking her with us from Apr 23-30 at POR.

My SIL and her family, plus their DD's boyfriend, and her MIL (who had never flown before this) went down last night and are supposed to be at Epcot today (we wish it was us!). Hope the weather cooperates for them.

We cannot wait to let the kids know, but 8 months early might create more chaos then we can handle.

jeffd101 said:
We are!

Our niece is the only member of my wife's family that live in our town who has not gone (she is 14 today), so we are taking her with us from Apr 23-30 at POR.

My SIL and her family, plus their DD's boyfriend, and her MIL (who had never flown before this) went down last night and are supposed to be at Epcot today (we wish it was us!). Hope the weather cooperates for them.

We cannot wait to let the kids know, but 8 months early might create more chaos then we can handle.
SOunds like we may be there the exact same dates.. I stayed at POR last April and loved it.. If we decide to do a longer trip we may spend the first 3 days at POR

Is the 23-30 a holiday week? We may be there then too! It's not a holiday for use, but the week after DS's spring (easter) break.

Gillian said:
Is the 23-30 a holiday week? We may be there then too! It's not a holiday for use, but the week after DS's spring (easter) break.

I checked a poll that was posted in the Theme Parks section, and that week appeared to be very light in terms of being a break week. We were there April 10-17 this year (2 weeks after Easter, rather than 1) and CM's indicated we were very fortunate because the week before us and the week after us were very heavy with Spring Break crowds.

I am hoping that the only thing really happening is the Grad Nights, which will impact our last night (no MK!), but relatively smaller crowds anyways.

UG shows 6's, 7's and 8's for that week, which is what we experienced this year and we had no problems with crowds.

JennyMominRI said:
SOunds like we may be there the exact same dates.. I stayed at POR last April and loved it.. If we decide to do a longer trip we may spend the first 3 days at POR

Hi Jenny,

Great to hear about POR. My wife and I are very excited as her family has stayed there before when it was DL and they loved it also.

Here's hoping for light crowds and sunny days!

I'll most likely be in WDW the week of Easter (I know, very crowded time to go...). I'm a teacher, so I have to travel when I have breaks from school. Jenny, it's a shame you can't travel a week or so earlier - I'd love to meet you and your DH at Jellyrolls again!

Debi said:
I'll most likely be in WDW the week of Easter (I know, very crowded time to go...). I'm a teacher, so I have to travel when I have breaks from school. Jenny, it's a shame you can't travel a week or so earlier - I'd love to meet you and your DH at Jellyrolls again!
There is a very slight possibility of that.. I would just rather go during Reg. season than peak,especially If I'm going to do the GF.
If we decide to make it 8 nights again,we would come on the 20th..Will you be there then?
Edited to add...It will also depend on the dates of Passover next year

jeffd101 said:
I checked a poll that was posted in the Theme Parks section, and that week appeared to be very light in terms of being a break week. We were there April 10-17 this year (2 weeks after Easter, rather than 1) and CM's indicated we were very fortunate because the week before us and the week after us were very heavy with Spring Break crowds.

I am hoping that the only thing really happening is the Grad Nights, which will impact our last night (no MK!), but relatively smaller crowds anyways.

UG shows 6's, 7's and 8's for that week, which is what we experienced this year and we had no problems with crowds.

Most Massachusetts schools (not colleges) and other new england states have the third week in april off. ive been there 3 times during that week and it is extrememly busy. With it being easter week this year we chose to go this past august instead and the crowds were not actually any better!

We are also going in late April. We are actually going from April 28-May 7. Can't wait!!! :cool1: :cool1: Hopefully it won't be too crowded. We went in March the last two years (school break) and it was quite busy. Last year, we stayed longer (through Easter) and it was definitely busier! We have stayed at Pop the last two years but we aren't sure where to stay this year. I would like to try another resort but Pop was great so who knows. It is hard to justify more money when we just sleep there, especially with the airfares so high this year. Hopefully, there will be some type of Canadian deal--let's keep our fingers crossed!

What dates would be considered the third week of April for 2006? Starting around the 15th? or the 21st?

disneyobessed said:
With it being easter week this year we chose to go this past august instead and the crowds were not actually any better!
The whole summer is very busy (& hot!!). I don't know the actual dates you went, but I'd imagine that after most Florida schools go back (early august) the crowds would lighten up. Friends of ours went the last week in august 2 years ago and did not experience big crowds at all. NJ starts after labor day, but most schools start before.

We'll be there the first week of APril. Shhhhhhhhh, kids don't know. Their spring break coincides with the big Lakeland air show, sun & fun (goes on for a week). DH will go there.

DS (6) and I are going on April 12th for three nights at POFQ before our 7 night cruise on Magic leaving on the 15th!! :boat: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce:

We'll be there easter week because its the 3 ds spring break too. Also the last trip before our PAPs expire. I dont know where we will stay, a disney deluxe or the swan, also our last trip before oldest ds goes to college. I am hoping to cash in my airline miles since the flights will be so crowded and hard to get too.

We'll be there April 9th - 23rd. :cool1: Gonna use our AP's one last time.:teeth:

I had to cancel our October trip:guilty: now we're going for Easter. :cheer2:

Our dates are April 12-22 or 23. I'm going to book Pop Century, but I'd thinking of moving up to POFQ. My son's hoping to try a new resort. I'll have to see what type of rate I can get with AAA.

Airfare is unreal for the return flights. $179.00-$300.00 per person. :earseek:

The flights down aren't so bad, $89.00- $109.00.

Anyone know where I can find last Easter's park hours and EMH schedules?

What are the chances they'll offer free dining during peak season??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm new here and trying to read up as much as possible on this site to help me plan this (I've only been to WDW once, for my senior trip in HS). We are going with our 2 dds April 14th-21st - Is the week after Easter considered Easter week or the week before? I know it will be crazy but my dh is a teacher and he gets that week off and waiting til summer isn't an option (hoping to be having a baby in late summer). I'm am so excited I wish I could go right now!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts