April 20, 2012: 5 Night Bahamian Cruise

I'm working on a group outing for this cruise. So far its me, DW, my sister, her husband and their three kids. There may still be a few others joining us.

What kind of a group outing are you planning? At Key West? Nassau? We are just planning to hit the pavement in Key West. We have a few "touristy" things we want to do and a few bars that were recommended to us. Not a whole lot of time to thoroughly explore so we just want to sample some of Key West and then go back another time for a longer stay. :thumbsup2When we were on the WBTA this past Sept., we had the best time at Castaway Cay. We went back in 1999 with our sons and boy! has it changed a lot! Love the new slide! We can't wait to go back.:cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

What kind of a group outing are you planning?

I'm sorry for the confusion. I just meant that we might be adding more friends and family members. Organizing a group of our peeps is much like herding cats. We have maybes from 7 adults and 4 kids in addition to the 4 adults and 3 kids already locked in.

We've been to Key West many times, so we'll probably just do something low key that day -- maybe go out to the reef and float about and snorkel. It is unfortunate that our time is limited there, a lot of the signature Key West activities like Mallory Square sunset or the best bar-based people watching really take place after we have to be back on board.

We're planning to get a cabana for Castaway Cay, I'm really looking forward to that day. Our booking window opens a couple of days before Christmas so that must mean the cruise is getting close to being a reality!

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1Sure hope this site gets a little bit.....er-r-r-r a "lot bit".....noiser after the first of the year!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Need to have some more people sign on and LOADS more conversations!! lol Hm-m-m-m-m-m.....maybe Christmas has people too busy to come on disboards to chat.....EGADS! I didn't know anyone got too busy to not be able to get on disboards! :lmao::lmao: I'm just sayin'.........................:dance3:

Hope everyone has a magical week-end! pixiedust::tinker:

DW, DD12, DD11, DS11, DD5, and I will be there. This will be our second Diseny cruise taking our first one in Sept 2011- 3 days on the Dream.

We are planning a tour at Key West but staying on the boat at Nassau.

We are also looking at going to NASA the day before(April 19).

DW, DD12, DD11, DS11, DD5, and I will be there. This will be our second Diseny cruise taking our first one in Sept 2011- 3 days on the Dream.

We are planning a tour at Key West but staying on the boat at Nassau.

We are also looking at going to NASA the day before(April 19).

party::welcome:party: Welcome! So glad you will be taking the cruise with us. DH and I will probably stay on the boat at Nassau too.....we went years ago and later wished we had stayed on the boat! lol We may go to Atlantis to the aquarium since we've not done that.

Looks like you have plenty of children to enjoy a "good ole' Disney time"! Look forward to chatting more with you and once again, welcome on board! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to our first disney cruise with DW and two DDs (age 11 & 6) Were located in pennsylvania where its currently cold which has given me incentive research about our cruise. Anyone else interested in FE? Being a first timer Im not sure how it works but my daughters have informed me that we must participate.

We are planning to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas and do something like a museum in Key West. :)

Hi hayesfamof4, do you plan to go to Atlantis through DCL or on your own? Have you looked at the option of getting a room to make it cheaper? I'm just starting to look into it...

AddictedtoMickey

:cool1::cool1:Hello everyone! My DH (Rick) and I (Debra) will be joining all of you on the happiest cruise ship:boat:in the world! It will just be my DH and I on the cruise. This will be our 4th cruise on the Disney Magic. We went on the Mediterranean cruise last year and just came back on the western transatlantic cruise this past Sept. We had the best time, especially with all the people we got to know ahead of time through disboards!:goodvibes We had the fever so bad that husband went ahead and booked this cruise (we had to change the dates twice because of Mother's Day and our son's graduation from college! So hoping this date is a keeper! lol :rotfl2:) We are hoping to sign up for the 2013 DVC Members cruise (for Jan. 2013) next week-end, so keep fingers crossed for us! :yay:) Look forward to chatting and getting to know many of you before the cruise! :thumbsup2
Hi Rick and Debra,
Nice to have you aboard! I'm sure the Mediterranean cruise and transatlantic were fantastic! We've only been on the 7-day cruises previously. We shortened this one due to oldest daughter being in grade 9 and we like to include WDW in the trip as well.

party::welcome:party: Welcome! So glad you will be taking the cruise with us. DH and I will probably stay on the boat at Nassau too.....we went years ago and later wished we had stayed on the boat! lol We may go to Atlantis to the aquarium since we've not done that.

Looks like you have plenty of children to enjoy a "good ole' Disney time"! Look forward to chatting more with you and once again, welcome on board! :thumbsup2
Hi everyone and welcome,
Quick question: I've never been to Nassau before. Why stay on the ship? Any bad experiences in Nassau?

Thanks,

AddictedtoMickey

Hi Rick and Debra,
Nice to have you aboard! I'm sure the Mediterranean cruise and transatlantic were fantastic! We've only been on the 7-day cruises previously. We shortened this one due to oldest daughter being in grade 9 and we like to include WDW in the trip as well.

Hey! The Med. and Transatlantic cruises were awesome! :thumbsup2 We had the fever of cruising when we came back from the Trans. cruise, that my DH booked this cruise! lol We are really looking forward to this cruise just to relax! We've done Nassau and Castaway, but haven't been to Key West. Key West is what we are so excited about! :cool1::cool1: We usually include a visit to WDW too, but we are going down in July with our boys and their girlfriends, so just the cruise in April. Look forward to chatting with you as time progresses! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone and welcome,
Quick question: I've never been to Nassau before. Why stay on the ship? Any bad experiences in Nassau?

Thanks,

AddictedtoMickey

No bad experiences.....just wasn't that impressed with Nassau. Now this time, we may go to Atlantis to see the aquarium. :thumbsup2 I've heard that's really nice. Besides, we'll just probably enjoy the activities that the ship has to offer! Didn't mean to be negative about Nassau....sorry! :confused3

I am so very excited to be booked on this cruise! It will be the first cruise ever for myself, mom and my 7 ( turning 8 at sea) daughter. There is just something so magical about Disneyworld, I am looking forward to a new experience.
Does anyone have any useful tips? I usually need to be extremely organized and I feel a little overwhelmed with the cruise planning.
:cool1: happy dancing in Massachusetts! :cool1:

I am so very excited to be booked on this cruise! It will be the first cruise ever for myself, mom and my 7 ( turning 8 at sea) daughter. There is just something so magical about Disneyworld, I am looking forward to a new experience.
Does anyone have any useful tips? I usually need to be extremely organized and I feel a little overwhelmed with the cruise planning.

:cheer2::cheer2::welcome::cheer2::cheer2: Welcome Linds to you, your daughter, and your mother! You all will have a blast.....so much to do or as little as you want to do! I am like you in that I think Disney World is a magical place. You will also find a Disney cruise magical too! pixiedust: Don't get stressed out planning...believe me...been there, done that! A 5 day cruise will be fun and relaxing. I've been on a 2 week cruise with Disney and was pretty stressed out finding the right clothes, excursions every day, etc. I learned really quick that I couldn't do everything so to pick the most important things and the rest is icing on the cake!
Hope you chat with you more and again..... welcome on board! :thumbsup2

What part of MA are you? We will be on this same cruise and my daughter will be turning 9 on the cruise.

What part of MA are you? We will be on this same cruise and my daughter will be turning 9 on the cruise.

We are from Templeton, MA, how about you? My daughter tends to be on the shy side so I am hoping she has a great time in the Kids Clubs so I can relax at the pool with a yummy margarita!

what day is your daughters birthday?

:cheer2::cheer2::welcome::cheer2::cheer2: Welcome Linds to you, your daughter, and your mother! You all will have a blast.....so much to do or as little as you want to do! I am like you in that I think Disney World is a magical place. You will also find a Disney cruise magical too! pixiedust: Don't get stressed out planning...believe me...been there, done that! A 5 day cruise will be fun and relaxing. I've been on a 2 week cruise with Disney and was pretty stressed out finding the right clothes, excursions every day, etc. I learned really quick that I couldn't do everything so to pick the most important things and the rest is icing on the cake!
Hope you chat with you more and again..... welcome on board! :thumbsup2

Thank you, I will try to take your advice and not stress! I could not even imagine packing for a 2 week crusie<yikes>
Can you think of anything the people tend to forget to pack that is needed?

Thanks again!! :woohoo:

We are from Templeton, MA, how about you? My daughter tends to be on the shy side so I am hoping she has a great time in the Kids Clubs so I can relax at the pool with a yummy margarita!

what day is your daughters birthday?

The 22nd is her bday. We are in Boxborough MA. When is your daughters bday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter