April 17, 2016 Magic Eastern cruise meet

Hi, just booked this cruise a week ago while onboard the Magic. Had such a great time we decided to book the same ship and week again for next year. We did a western this year so excited for the eastern itinerary with Tortola next year. This will only be our 3rd Disney cruise (Fantasy, Magic), but we've done 20+ cruises on other lines as well. Decided to the the Magic again because it felt so much less crowded than the Fantasy. We did miss the AquaDuck, but the AquaDunk on the Magic is fun as well.

We are a family of 4 from Seattle. I will be cruising with my DW and 2 DD's (9 and 5 at time of sailing). We are hoping some other family might join as as well.

Welcome Seacruise. My DD will be 10 at the time of the cruise. We are also from the Seattle area. We are up in Lynnwood.

Welcome Seacruise. My DD will be 10 at the time of the cruise. We are also from the Seattle area. We are up in Lynnwood.

Wow, small world. We are just south of you in Shoreline. We loved the Magic, can't wait to do it again! Long ways to go, but we've got an Alaska cruise coming up this summer to tide us over until then. Not on Disney, but what can you do. ;)

We have some relatives that have decided to join us on the April cruise as well. Up to three cabins now and possible adding one more. Should be fun!

It definitely is a small world Seacruise. Right now we are actually in Brier and I often run through Shoreline when I am trying to get one of my longer runs in or while my daughter is in gymnastics. We are moving to our new house the of the Summer which is in Lynnwood. Our next Disney fix is Diamond Celebration kickoff and 24 hour event Memorial Day weekend. I think that is going to have to hold us until next April but we'll see.

It sounds like you have quite the crowd coming. That should make for a very fun cruise for ya'll.

It definitely is a small world Seacruise. Right now we are actually in Brier and I often run through Shoreline when I am trying to get one of my longer runs in or while my daughter is in gymnastics. We are moving to our new house the of the Summer which is in Lynnwood. Our next Disney fix is Diamond Celebration kickoff and 24 hour event Memorial Day weekend. I think that is going to have to hold us until next April but we'll see.

It sounds like you have quite the crowd coming. That should make for a very fun cruise for ya'll.

Wow, that will be a fun weekend at DLR. Are you going to do the full 24 hours? Were were there for a week in August, but I don't think we will be there for the 60th with doing 2 cruises this year and this one now booked for next April. Have thought about trying to do a weekend trip down there this fall for Halloween and 60th, but we shall see.

Are you planning on doing any of the parks before or after this April cruise? We did Universal a few weeks ago after our cruise on the Magic. Not sure yet what we are going to do next year.

We are staying at the Grand so will be taking a break throughout the day. We are planning on hitting the 1am parade and 3am showing of WOC. We are very lucky to have cousins who live in Long Beach so that while we are staying at the Grand for this trip most of our trips are at their house.

Yes, we are planning a stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter and Polynesian Village the week before the cruise. Of course this means DD is going end up missing a lot of school because of course her Spring Break is the first week of April.

Didn't realize both parks were going to be open for the 24 hours - figured it was just DL. Always love walking through the GC to go to Storytellers or whatever. Someday we will stay there. ;)

Our spring break is late (3rd week of April) which is why we booked the cruise for that week. We are tentatively planning to fly down the day before and then spend 3 or 4 nights after - that way the kids only miss 3 or 4 days of school. Still thinking about what to do, but probably wait another year before going back to WDW so there is more new stuff to see. Maybe do SeaWorld/Busch Gardens or something, or maybe just hang out for a few days at a nice resort and enjoy the pools and warm weather.

We did go to Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) one evening after Universal a few weeks back. It is still a torn up mess, but seems like it is starting to come together. The technology in new parking garage is really cool!

We just got back from the Poly. WOW! yensidfan99 - you'll love it! We were in one of the new DVC studios. It is so roomy and well-laid out!
Yes, we are planning a stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter and Polynesian Village the week before the cruise. Of course this means DD is going end up missing a lot of school because of course her Spring Break is the first week of April.

Great to hear mrp4352. The Poly is one of DW's favorites and we are excited to see all the changes.

Well, now that the 2016 itineraries are out, my DW and I have checked things out and had some long talks. I think that we're about 90% sure to keep this cruise and about 10% chance of switching to a Dream B2B. Unless we run into a giant pile of money in which case we would do a WBTA out of Bacelona :).

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone over the next 11 months and then on board!

Have a great Memorial day!

I would definitely keep the 7 day vs. doing the B2B. I looked into doing the Dream B2B before our last cruise on the Magic and it sounded like kind of a big hassle on turn around day.

I would definitely keep the 7 day vs. doing the B2B. I looked into doing the Dream B2B before our last cruise on the Magic and it sounded like kind of a big hassle on turn around day.

From what I've found online, it sounds like if you can keep the same room, it's not much hassle at all. You can walk off the ship in the latest group and leave all your stuff in you cabin. You then sit in the concierge lounge for about an hour, and re-board around 10:30, well before any other passengers.

I was looking at it from a pricing / castaway club level / double dip on Castaway Cay point of view - it was very tempting. The thing that pushed me away was the reports of different types of passengers on the shorter cruises versus the 7 day cruises.

Still sound like a hassle to me. Why disembark, go through customs, check back in, and wait around in a lounge if you don't have to. Plus when you get back on the ship there will be nothing going on for several hours. The cabins will be closed off so you have to duck under the ropes to get to them. You have to go through the muster drill again, etc.

Now for B2B 7 day cruises I could definitely put up with that. ;)

Hi everyone! We booked this cruise while on the fantasy in April. We are a family of 3 (me, DH and DS who is 15)
It will be our 4th cruise, but 1st time on the magic and we're looking forward to it! We are Canadian and really, really, really enjoy those warm weather ports. Lol. I'm also hoping my son will be able to do the Aqua dunk as the Aqua duck was his favorite and he could do it by himself. He is special needs and I'm just hoping that we can pick a time on the Aqua dunk that isn't so busy as the first time will need some patience and time to actually get in the tube thingy. Once he does it once I know he'll be fine after that! I can't wait to board the magic!

In reading about b2b cruises someone who wasn't a fan said they didn't like that the shows would be the same, which I probably wouldn't have thought about. I don't think I'd do a b2b unless the ports were different so I at least had that.

He is special needs and I'm just hoping that we can pick a time on the Aqua dunk that isn't so busy as the first time will need some patience and time to actually get in the tube thingy. Once he does it once I know he'll be fine after that! I can't wait to board the magic!

Hi, shouldn't be a problem to find a time when the Aqua Dunk isn't busy. We were just on the Magic in April and never really experienced any kind of line for the Aqua Dunk. Usually half a dozen or so people doing it over and over again. ;) It's lots of fun, worst part is of course standing there waiting for the drop.

That's great to know seacruise! I'm sure once we get him to do the first drop he'll be doing it over and over too. I would have to have a few drinks of the day to go on it but, who am I kidding, I need No excuse for the drink of the day.....over and over and over..........:-)

Hey there!!! Glad to finally find this thread! We have this cruise booked it will be my first time on the disney Magic since her reimagineering. My hubby and I sailed on her for our Honeymoon back in 1998. Since then we have sailed 7 other times making it on all 4 ships. I was wondering if there was a fish extender group for this trip started yet? I will be sailing with my Hubby, 3 daughters 12, 9, and 5 (leaving the boys at home on this trip) and my parents. CAN'T Wait to set sail!!! So EXCITED!!

DH & I will be on this cruise. We rebooked while we were on the Magic in April 2015. His Birthday is April 18. This will be our 9th cruise. Our 10th is booked for one going out of NY in October 2016.

We will be joining you all on this cruise...it's our first cruise and I'm brand new to DIS boards as well. I am not sure who's more excited...me or the kids (who will be 7 and 4 when we travel). If there's any boards I should check out as out as a newbie, let me know. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter