April 16, 2013 - Disney Magic out of Galveston

Julie,
I sent the info to your email, and also attached it here. When I get to 10 posts I am going to post a pic of our FE and door from January :)

I got the information and sent you an email. Please let me know if you did not get it and please check to make sure I didn't have any typos when putting into the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Julie

I wanted to send the link to our photo of our door in January with our FE and magnets:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sibli...62878575.59354.113988475320171&type=1&theater /[/url]

Very nice. We actually have 2 FE's. A Winnie the Pooh themed one, my mother made a few years back and one I ordered off of ebay. The cruise I used the Pooh Bear FE, there was another member in our group that had a similiar themed FE and there's got stolen (yikes). They put a bag on their door with a note, We had some strange looks and a few questions about our FE. Really we didn't take theirs. Good thing we even had our name on it (but it is on the back .. sigh) It led to an interesting cruise. Not sure which one I am going to bring but .. just in case I do have a Pooh Bear one =). Really it is just because Eeyore is my fave char and it is somewhat of a joke in our family as my husband is named Christoper Robin .. named after the chracter in the books =) I'm sure he will love me for telling that .. but then again he knows I tell everyone =).

Julie

Hi everyone,

I was asked how tipping works on the cruise .... so ... Disney now has auto-paid tipping system. Tipping can be a touchy subject as people like to give what they feel is justified. You still have final control over your tips ... this is how it works on the ship and the "reccommended" tipping structure by disney. I am not saying you do or don't have to tip this amount .. so please don't get upset with me =)

You can pre-pay your tips up to 3 nights before leaving home via the DCL web-site. I have never done this so not exactly sure how it is done.

The "reccommeded" tip amount will be automatically added to your bill. You can add/remove/chnage the tipping amount by going to guest services on deck 3. (If you decide to do this I would reccommend not doing this on your last day, before dinner as the lines can get a bit long during these times). The auto tipping is for the dining staff and your stateroom staff.

The reccommeded tipping amount is baded on per-person/per night. Yes even the little ones count in the total. (But as I said before you can adjust the final amount if you feel you want to tip less or more than the reccommended amount .. Personnaly I always end up tipping more as they do such a wonderful job)

The breakdown of the reccomended tips are as follows:
Dining Room Server -- Per Person/Per Night -- $4 x 4 nights ==$16
Dining Asst. Server -- Per Person/Per Night -- $3 x 4 nights ==$12
Dining Head Server -- Per Person/Per Night -- $1 x 4 nights ==$4
Stateroom -- Per Person/Per Night -- $4 x 4 nights ==$16

If you order drinks from the bars there is a tip already added to your bill when they bring it for your signature. If one is not added automatically, the custom 15-20% is adequate.

Other tips you may consider ..

Palo Servers (These are different than your normal servers and not everyone eats here). At the end of dinner you are presented a bill which includes the
service charge. You can add a tip of your choice to the bill. The servers do not get the dining room fee ($20 per person I believe).

Room Service -- You will not be charged for room service as this is a free service. Tips can be given in cash as they don't always have a slip to sign. $1-$2 per person is fine.

Shore Excursion Tour Guide -- I have not been on a shore excursion where they did not ask/hint for tips at the end. You are not obligated to tip and if you feel as though they did a good job, tipping is appreciated. $1-$2 per person is good. Cash is the only way to tip them.

Baggage Porters at terminal -- $1-$2 per bag. Cash is the only way to tip them.

Kids Counselors -- Unless things have changed, they are not allowed to accept tips. If you feel as though there is someone you want to reward, gifts of candy, snacks, pre-paid phone cards are appreciated.

Concierege Staff -- They did not used to be able to accept tips, but I have heard this has changed. I have never sailed concierege before (this is our first time .. yeah). From my understatnding tips if given are at your choosing.

At the end of the cruise you are also given a feedback form. You may recoginize any CM on it. I hear they get lots of kudo's if they are recoginized. You will be given these forms on the last night of the cruise. I also hear Disney takes these forms very seriously, so be sure to fill it out =)

Hi everyone,

I was asked how tipping works on the cruise .... so ... Disney now has auto-paid tipping system. Tipping can be a touchy subject as people like to give what they feel is justified. You still have final control over your tips ... this is how it works on the ship and the "reccommended" tipping structure by disney. I am not saying you do or don't have to tip this amount .. so please don't get upset with me =)

You can pre-pay your tips up to 3 nights before leaving home via the DCL web-site. I have never done this so not exactly sure how it is done.

The "reccommeded" tip amount will be automatically added to your bill. You can add/remove/chnage the tipping amount by going to guest services on deck 3. (If you decide to do this I would reccommend not doing this on your last day, before dinner as the lines can get a bit long during these times). The auto tipping is for the dining staff and your stateroom staff.

The reccommeded tipping amount is baded on per-person/per night. Yes even the little ones count in the total. (But as I said before you can adjust the final amount if you feel you want to tip less or more than the reccommended amount .. Personnaly I always end up tipping more as they do such a wonderful job)

The breakdown of the reccomended tips are as follows:
Dining Room Server -- Per Person/Per Night -- $4 x 4 nights ==$16
Dining Asst. Server -- Per Person/Per Night -- $3 x 4 nights ==$12
Dining Head Server -- Per Person/Per Night -- $1 x 4 nights ==$4
Stateroom -- Per Person/Per Night -- $4 x 4 nights ==$16

If you order drinks from the bars there is a tip already added to your bill when they bring it for your signature. If one is not added automatically, the custom 15-20% is adequate.

Other tips you may consider ..

Palo Servers (These are different than your normal servers and not everyone eats here). At the end of dinner you are presented a bill which includes the
service charge. You can add a tip of your choice to the bill. The servers do not get the dining room fee ($20 per person I believe).

Room Service -- You will not be charged for room service as this is a free service. Tips can be given in cash as they don't always have a slip to sign. $1-$2 per person is fine.

Shore Excursion Tour Guide -- I have not been on a shore excursion where they did not ask/hint for tips at the end. You are not obligated to tip and if you feel as though they did a good job, tipping is appreciated. $1-$2 per person is good. Cash is the only way to tip them.

Baggage Porters at terminal -- $1-$2 per bag. Cash is the only way to tip them.

Kids Counselors -- Unless things have changed, they are not allowed to accept tips. If you feel as though there is someone you want to reward, gifts of candy, snacks, pre-paid phone cards are appreciated.

Concierege Staff -- They did not used to be able to accept tips, but I have heard this has changed. I have never sailed concierege before (this is our first time .. yeah). From my understatnding tips if given are at your choosing.

At the end of the cruise you are also given a feedback form. You may recoginize any CM on it. I hear they get lots of kudo's if they are recoginized. You will be given these forms on the last night of the cruise. I also hear Disney takes these forms very seriously, so be sure to fill it out =)

Thank you for this!

BTW, We will be neighbors!!! What room are you in? We are in 8516! :cloud9:

:banana: JUST GOT OUR CRUISE DOCUMENTS IN THE MAIL TODAY!!! :cool1: Never been so excited in my life! :rotfl: Anyone else get them?! The count down is really on now. Only 40 days or so! :thumbsup2

:banana: JUST GOT OUR CRUISE DOCUMENTS IN THE MAIL TODAY!!! :cool1: Never been so excited in my life! :rotfl: Anyone else get them?! The count down is really on now. Only 40 days or so! :thumbsup2

Got ours the same day as you. They are already safely (if that is possible) stowed away with the luggage we are taking. I even got the pirate costumes started. Pants this last weekend. Vests are scheduled for working next Saturday. Hats and boots are ordered. Fortunately we are driving this time, so we can take the full compliment of luggage. Flying--well, we may have to wear the hats and boots in November. (LOL) Wonder what the airlines will say?

Got ours the same day as you. They are already safely (if that is possible) stowed away with the luggage we are taking. I even got the pirate costumes started. Pants this last weekend. Vests are scheduled for working next Saturday. Hats and boots are ordered. Fortunately we are driving this time, so we can take the full compliment of luggage. Flying--well, we may have to wear the hats and boots in November. (LOL) Wonder what the airlines will say?

That is awesome! Are you making the costumes yourself. I am so not handy so I would have to buy everything. I did get the kids some pirate shirts to wear. DH and I are going to Palo that night so we are not going to dress up. Sad to miss pirate night but excited about our first ever Palo dinner :thumbsup2

That is awesome! Are you making the costumes yourself. I am so not handy so I would have to buy everything. I did get the kids some pirate shirts to wear. DH and I are going to Palo that night so we are not going to dress up. Sad to miss pirate night but excited about our first ever Palo dinner :thumbsup2

Well, I'm trying. The pants are finished--tomorrow I put together the vests. We have such a busy spring that they may not all be done, but I'm hoping that they will. I got my hat in the mail the other day--no I got THREE hats in the mail. That's right--I ordered and paid for one, but Amazon sent three! Go figure! So, there might be partially dressed pirates on the Magic!

Thank you for organizing the Fish Extender! Our family would love to participate if possible! We are in 6526 (kids only participating) 1 boy and 1 girl! Thank You!

Thank you for organizing the Fish Extender! Our family would love to participate if possible! We are in 6526 (kids only participating) 1 boy and 1 girl! Thank You!

I got you added to the list. If you send me your email address I will email you updates on a somewhat weekly basis until the cut off date of 4-1. Otherwise you will need to check on here for the online spreadsheet. Here is the latest as of now. I am trying to keep all the links to this spreadheet on past posts updated as well. And I will post a final one after the cutoff date. Check your information to make sure I have everything correct.

Thnak you Julie

FE List Updated as of 4/03/2013

Just saw the list for FE. Can we sign up? I'm new to all this.

Sure there is still time to sign up .. This is the data I am collecting. you only need send the starred portiond if you'd like,

Family Name (last name)
*DISname:
Email
*Cabin #
* # in party
* # of Adults
Ages
* # of each gender (adults)
*# of children
Ages
* # of each gender (kids)
celebrating any special occasion, first time, additional notes, etc.

you can post it here, pm me or send me an email at julie@thecoyotesden.net

Thanks. Once you send me the info I will add your info to the spreadsheet and get you signed up.

I am not sure what thread I put it in, but there is some FE info a few pages back. If you have questions please feel free to PM me, email me or reply to this thread =).

Julie

Just saw the list for FE. Can we sign up? I'm new to all this.

I got your email and have you signed up for the FE. I sent you an email so please check to make sure I entered your information correctly.

For anyone elsethinking of doing the FE, the deadline is approaching fast. (April 1st) Please let me know if you want to join. We need to make sure the folks who are crafting items have enough time to finish them all and still pack for the cruise =).

Julie

Well, I'm trying. The pants are finished--tomorrow I put together the vests. We have such a busy spring that they may not all be done, but I'm hoping that they will. I got my hat in the mail the other day--no I got THREE hats in the mail. That's right--I ordered and paid for one, but Amazon sent three! Go figure! So, there might be partially dressed pirates on the Magic!

Hubby's vest is done! (Buttons don't count!) My vest is today~along with cleaning the house. TOTALLY cleaning. (that means picking up all my junk laying everywhere and doing the bathrooms! (LOL-emoticons don't work for me!) Oh yes, and doing our FE's! Yea!!!!

Am I missing something? There's just not much activity on this thread--with less than a month now until we sail, I thought we'd see more postings. Is there a FB page I'm missing out on?

Am I missing something? There's just not much activity on this thread--with less than a month now until we sail, I thought we'd see more postings. Is there a FB page I'm missing out on?

No facebook page, this is just not a very active thread. If there is anything else out there we are both missing out on it =)

Julie

I'm on this cruise as well....along with my DH and Dkids! We'll also be traveling with a few other family members. It's our first cruise and can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter