April 16, 2013 - Disney Magic out of Galveston

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Ana~n~Joseph, Jan 9, 2013.

1. 3pink1blue

3pink1blue Earning My Ears

Howdy!!! From Bryan-College Station!

We will be on the ship on Tuesday with our clan of 4 kiddos!

Madison is 12, Natalie 9, Kenley 6 and Colby 5!

My husband and I cruise alone every year (another cruise line) so this is our FIRST FAMILY Cruise. My girls have been to Disney but they are thrilled about finally going on a cruise! (up until now they "thought" cruises were for adults only, haha) :rotfl:

I'm SUPER late getting on here getting my last minute questions answered.. but with baseball, gymnastics, etc. its always crazy busy. I am sure I will throw in swimsuits the morning of!

Can not wait for Tuesday! :) Happy Cruisin'!

((Anyone elses kids missing school??)) My oldest is a straight A Honor Class student so I made the tough choice of keeping her out of school this week. Fortuntely she will be just fine catching up but the teachers were not that thrilled. :/ They have missed 0 days up until this point.

My mom and her husband will be traveling on this cruise as well. They are in their early-mid 50's. Just in case you guys may want to meet up for some adult time! :) --they are in 7052!

We are just a couple doors down from you as well :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 3pink1blue

Is it too late to jump in on the FE activity?? I don't mind if we don't get anything- but we'd love to make some for the others!

4. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Our kids are almost all the same ages!! (We also have 4 children. Ages:11, 9, 5, & 5!) We look forward to meeting you and your kids. If you didn't know, a bunch of us are meeting at 3pm at the Promenade Lounge! Hope to see you then.

5. wallawallakids

Have a safe trip!

6. CampCorp

CampCorp Sailing Away April 16, 2013

I'm going to be completely worthless at work tomorrow! So close I can feel the motion sickness! Haha

7. 3pink1blue

Yey!!! Tomorrow is almost here!!! :banana:

Is anyone else doing the Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party?

8. wallawallakids

We are!! :thumbsup2

Is anyone else doing DCL transfers? Have you heard anything about where to meet and what time?

9. txblondie99

txblondie99 Earning My Ears

We are doing the fury catamaran too!!

10. Ksmith1

Ksmith1 Earning My Ears

For those that are drivng in, which company are you parking with?

11. CampCorp

CampCorp Sailing Away April 16, 2013

I prepaid my parking with the Port of Galveston

12. txblondie99

txblondie99 Earning My Ears

We are heading down in a bit to take a detour dinner through college station!

13. teamadco

teamadco Earning My Ears

There are a few groups going to Nachi so we thought when we meet up at the Promenade we could chat about headed out there. See u all later today yippie!

14. Ksmith1

Ksmith1 Earning My Ears

I saw there was heavy fog in Galveston, do you think we will be delayed?

15. teamadco

teamadco Earning My Ears

We are here already and it does look rather thick the front desk attendant said it will likely burn off. It was worse as we drove in late last night. Keep fingers crossed.

16. jarudinski

jarudinski Mouseketeer

Made it home. Glad to be home but am definitely missing the boat. Hope everyone has a good and safe journey home.

17. Ptelang

Ptelang Earning My Ears

So we loved, loved, loved our first cruise. Dealing with a bit of sea legs though. That last day was rough and the effects are lingering. I'm sure we will have our 'land legs' back soon. In the meantime, we are enjoying sharing our pics,videos, and memories with our loved ones back home!!

18. Kommando K

Kommando K Meg Ironeagle, Pirate

My goodness--I think we will do 1 week cruises from now on. Bob and I figured we were on the road driving as much as we were on the sea.

Wasn't that last day a rockin' rollin' adventure? We had a good time. Thanks to y'all who left us goodies in our FE. We enjoyed them all! Sorry we missed y'all at the meet up, but had a couple of little issues we needed to get resolved before sailing. Nothing horrible, but they couldn't wait.

For anyone wondering about the Chocolate Tasting--awesome! The martini and mixology tastings--I have recipes. Palo was outstanding as always--the brunch fantastic. The dinner--I wish I could have taken my chocolate souffle back to the room as I was still feeling the effects of the rough seas. So I only ate half of it--HALF? The good news--I didn't gain any weight on this cruise!

19. wallawallakids

We agree!!! 7 nights or more from now on. Left the ship at 7:45 yesterday morning and didn't walk though our front door until 11pm! 4 nights was too short. :)

Overall, it was a GREAT trip. Wish the weather had been a little better. DD got pretty sea sick that last day. The medicine I packed did help so I am glad I brought it. I felt fine until Animators that night. Not having windows does seem to make it worse. Hope everyone else made it home safe.

20. jarudinski

jarudinski Mouseketeer

I did the chocolate tasting too. I was actually running a bit late and was the last one there, but I had 12:29 on my watch so I am pretty sure they started early. My friend and I sat across from a nice couple who had sailed several times before. I will laugh if it turns out it was you ... What are the odds :)

21. Kommando K

Kommando K Meg Ironeagle, Pirate

We were sitting at the first set of tables with our backs to the presenter. We actually moved for a group of four that came in later. Was that you? We were told that group was a group of 4 people that wanted to sit together.