April 11, 2016 Dream 4 night

Hello, everyone! I was in the April 18th thread but our school changed our vacation to a week earlier so I'll be here planning with you all! This will be our secondDisney cruise…we went on the Magic out of NYC in 2012. I've always wanted to go on the Dream though, and I am so excited! My traveling companions are my Dear Mom, and my DS14 (at that time), and DD12 (at that time). I think we are planning on doing Atlantis in the Bahamas. We did the Blue Lagoon dolphin meet last time and want to try something different. I am not sure about doing any excursions on CC. Personally I'd just like to lay and soak up the sun! We shall see what the kids have to say about that!

We are DVC members and will be staying at BLT for 3 nights prior to the cruise and 2 nights after. Anyone else doing a Land & Sea?

We are in the exact same boat (haha), we wanted to stay on the April 18 week, but the school said if we were at about 12 total absences a DCF report would be filed (a new policy, son is never out, but with our luck), so we decided it wasn't worth the risk.

How does the FE thing work. I get that it's a secret Santa type thing, but any rules, limits, ect.

Thanks all

Hi! We are all excited as well - a day doesn't go by that we don't mention the cruise! MIL, SIL, and I are ready to talk FE and what we will be exchanging with everyone!!

Do we know how many "rooms" we will have grouped together? Just curious, if anyone has thought about it! Want to get started :-)

216 days to go!

I'm so excited! My hubby didn't think an ill prepared trip to Hawaii was a good plan for my birthday, which is in 19 days. We live near Philly and the pope has taken over so I decided to be the best wife ever and expose my inner Princess and plan a trip to Disney. I'm so happy I did and I cant wait to partake in the FE group.

I'm so excited! My hubby didn't think an ill prepared trip to Hawaii was a good plan for my birthday, which is in 19 days. We live near Philly and the pope has taken over so I decided to be the best wife ever and expose my inner Princess and plan a trip to Disney. I'm so happy I did and I cant wait to partake in the FE group.

Hi Nicole! We are north of Philly - Doylestown! We both need to stay away from Philly once the pope arrives :-). No need for tickets, great view from my couch - while planning our cruise! Welcome!

Hi Nicole! We are north of Philly - Doylestown! We both need to stay away from Philly once the pope arrives :-). No need for tickets, great view from my couch - while planning our cruise! Welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome. When will we be collecting or given information about the other FE members? I'd love to start shopping in November.

Hello everyone. just booked our cruise. super excited. this is my 2nd. and my sons "1st" (his real first was in my belly lol I was 6 months preg.) he is 7 now will be 8 when we go.
I am wanting to do this fish extender thing it sounds so fun. but not to sure how it works or where to get started any help is much appreciated. thank you
cant wait

Hey everybody! Just checking in! Haven't heard anything recently from anyone. The trip is getting closer! I know I'm counting down the days. Just wanted to say hello! Have a wonderful holiday!

Hello..... I was wondering how I get involved in the fish extender. I had seen at the beginning of the board you had mentioned you might me leading it thought you would be a good place to start. hope you don't mind.

Hello..... I was wondering how I get involved in the fish extender. I had seen at the beginning of the board you had mentioned you might me leading it thought you would be a good place to start. hope you don't mind.
Hey, I just wanted to say welcome. I am really loving try idea of the fish extender.

Hi all :). So excited to be going on my first Disney cruise and meeting some great people! I'm a HUGE Disney fan, but this is my first Disney trip since I was 12. Hubby likes Disney movies well enough but can't stand amusement parks. A Disney trip for my milestone birthday was my wish and our compromise was the cruise, hardly a sacrifice for me, lol.

So DH & DDs (7 & 9 when we travel) are all counting the days till we set sail. Hoping getting to know some fellow cruisers beforehand will make the trip even more fun. Chat soon!

HI! This will be my DH and my 7th Disney cruise and our DD's 2nd! My daughters will be 6 & 9 by cruise time! Maybe they will meet up at the Oceaneer's Club!

You will LOVE the cruise...oh, and so will your daughters. Your husband will actually like it also. I am sure you will be on many more in the years to come!!!! LOL!

How do I get the cruise website to save my reservation? I always have to type it in when I log in inline my wdw vacation comes up right when I log in. Any advice?

Are you a Castaway Club member? I just learned that if I sign in through the CC then I don't have to add my reservation number each time. Otherwise I think you're out of luck. Sorry. I agree it's a pita.

We normally put down room#, names and ages of guests, favorite characters, clothing sizes, allergies, and whether or not alcohol would be okay as a gift. That way anyone can give whatever they want.

Just an FYI ~ DCL has changed their alcohol allowance.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...onboard/?int_cmp=INS-intDCLtoFAQAlcoholPolicy

I don't know how many little bottles of alcohol in one's luggage would work for the FE's. I know DCL says only wine or champagne can be brought on board in carry-on's. Any bottles in checked luggage will be confiscated until the end of the cruise. While I would love to bring little bottles for the adults, I don't think that is possible now.

Hi! Just wondering how this all works. We want to participate in the Fish Extenders. Is this where we coordinate that? Also are we required to give everyone a gift? Trying to make sure it is in our budget for these little extras as well as packing all the items.

Hi all !!! It's been an busy start to the school year and I have not posted in a few months. Glad to see there is so much interest in the FE exchange. Here is a link to the current spreadsheet. I made a few formatting changes and cleaned up a few rows. We currently have 11 Families. We eventually cut it off and make a second group.

{content removed to comply with board rules}

Let me know if you have any questions

Last edited by a moderator:
We just booked this cruise last week. we are: me 51, DH 53 and DS 24, and we are from the Netherlands. This will be our 4th DCL cruise, the second on the Dream. We are so looking forward to the first cruise with an extended verandah! DS is doing the 5K this time. Can't wait for april to come.

This will be my families first cruise and we are very excited. Just heard about the Fish Extender and hope to be part of it. We have two boys...7 & 10. Can't wait to figure out how it all works!!

I just set up a ***** page for us. It is called Disney Dream 4-11-16 It is closed group. Request access if you want in.....

I would like access to the ***** page.

Be aware of DISboards policy regarding other social media sites (posted Nov 2014):
Moving forward there will be a new infraction "Attempting to lure DIS members to post private information on other sites". It will be a 40 point violation.

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions) and we expect that those who have already posted such links/offers will remove them.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi this is our first family Cruise and we were looking to try something fun and different. How do I go about joining a Fish Extender group?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter