Approx time Fantasy sails into PC?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by castawaycayfans, Dec 31, 2012.

1. castawaycayfans

castawaycayfans DIS Veteran

Our DS9 has the crazy idea that we can get up and watch the Fantasy sail in before our cruise. What is the approximate time that she sails in, ballpark guess will work.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 3Mickeys

3Mickeys Mouseketeer

I would say it depends, but often in the middle of the night, before dawn. Both of our cruises we were docked well before waking up.

4. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

Yep. We were up at 6 last morning, I think, and I thought it was pouring rain only to look out and discover we were completely docked in port and they were spraying our portholes with super-hoses, so yes...middle of the night or very very early morning!

5. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

It's been dark every time we've been in port already when we've gotten in. 4-5am?

6. gkrech

gkrech Earning My Ears

We just sailed on the Dec 8-15 Fantasy cruise. I got up at 6:00AM on our last morning, and the ship was still manuevering into position.

7. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

We watched the Fantasy sail into port for our Halloween cruise. She was delayed by Hurricane Sandy so we were very relieved to see her around 9 a.m.

8. Capt_BJ

Capt_BJ So Many Times

typically they come in around 5:30 and are at the pier around 6. If the weather is bouncy they can easily make better time and will put the hammer down and pull in earlier, allowing a better nite's sleep tied to the pier (and easier moving all those bags!)

Next time the ship is in, go to the PC web cam and look at the ship locater map. right click the ship icon (blue diamond) and you can see the vessel's track history as recorded for the past 24 hours (when in range), put the pointer on one of the 'ticks' on the track and it will give you the time of that position in GMT {Greewich Mean Time - aka Universal time}. Subtract 5 hours to convert to current local time.

doing this right now as MONARCH departs PC I see that they approached the port entrance at (11 - 5) 6 o'clock or so.

9. castawaycayfans

castawaycayfans DIS Veteran

THANKS so much!!!

10. MTmomma

MTmomma DIS Veteran

I usually am watching during night audit rollover, between 3-330am mountain time, it has been dead on for months (except Sandy)

11. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

On our November 1, eastern, the first line went ashore at 0456......AKK

12. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

If you have a smartphone or laptop,you can go to Marinetraffic.com. in the search bar, put in Disney Fantasy the highite her name when it comes up. It will have her current location and usually her next port of call eta. You can also watch her progress live as the tracking page updates every 60 some odd seconds.

Current Port of Call

Tracking map

Also, if you feel ambitios, you can go down to jetty park, and stand on the pier. When the ships come and go your only a few hundred feet from the.