Applying Gift gards at check-in

We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside in one of the new Royal Rooms. So you have a limit before they charge anything?? Also is it ture if you charge tips to you KTTW that they atuomatically us 18%? I just like to tip what I feel is apporiate.

Moderates have a $1,000.00 credit limit.

It is isn't to lure you into tipping more; it is just assumed that the higher the resorts you stay at, the more you will spend. Values are $500.00; mods are $1,000.00 and deluxes are $1,500.00. When you hit your limit, they will charge your card and you start all over again.

You are charged for tipping in restaurants at 18% if your party is more than 6 people (I believe). You can check over at the restaurant boards for more info.

So you have to have cc on file but can pay off the balance charged to your room with gift cards? Is there a limit on how much can be charged to your room?

You can charge as much as you want to the room; it is just a limit before it has to be paid off for each level of the resorts.

For instance, I stay at a moderate, so my charging limit is $1,000.00. So for instance last year, I had two charges on my credit card; one for $1,004.00 and one for $35.00.

If I was staying at a value resort, I would have had three charges; one for $500.00, one for $504.00 and one for $35.00.

We recently stayed at Pop Century and then Kidani. When we checked in at Pop my husbands Bank of America Debt visa would not work for some strange reason. (it worked everywhere else). We then had to put our room charge on our Amex card which meant the exchange rate made it $170 more expensive.

Knowing we were going to Kidani in a weeks time and would probably have the same difficulty, we bought a gift card and loaded it up. We then used the gift card for our room and for charging on the room account.
Worked well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter