• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Applying at Disney

SgtObiWan

Earning My Ears
Hello All! When applying to Disney is it better to just apply for everything then transfer to what you want after you've been there for a while? Also how hard is it to go from part time to full time? I was just wondering if I couldn't get a full time position right away. I am retiring from law enforcement after 25 years and Also have been the Captain of my commercial fishing business for the last 20 15 years. I was also wondering how hard it would be to get a job in security or driving one of the passenger boats at Disney? I know there has to be an opening for those two jobs but should I apply for ride attractions or some other interests I have. THankspixiedust:

I do not know the ones and outs but our guide for the Keys to the Kingdom tour started in housekeeping and ended up in a position representing the entire park.

If your goal first is to work for Disney, apply for everything you are qualified for and would be willing to do. Then you can transfer to your preferred job later if you need to.

Most positions at Disney are part time. That doesn't mean you will work less than 40 hours per week, it just means you are considered part time and your benefits are based on that designation.

You can only transfer after a certain period of time. It's been awhile since I worked there, but it is at least six months.

Switching from being a part time CM to a full time CM isn't easy depending on the position. It normally is something you have to work toward. There are reasons why Disney has way more part time CMs than full time. My sister worked for Disney as a part time CM for four years before she was allowed to become a full time CM. She changed to a position with more responsibilities in order to do so.

If you are part time and work over 40 hrs per week do you get ovetime pay or no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter