Apple watch

katytrott

DIS Veteran
Anyone bought an Apple watch in the US recently? Are they any cheaper to the UK and where did you buy it from?

my husband has researched this and recons they are about £100 cheaper in fact he says hes going to get me one next year when we are there for my50th

I am contemplating buying one out there. They do work out £100 cheaper at the moment due to the current exchange rate, but that could change. I have heard that the exchange rate is only going to get better over the next year or so, but I wouldn't rely on that

I was going to wait until I was surprised on Father's Day! In reality, the Apple Watch Sport black 42mm which was what I wanted as I don't like the steel was £339 over here and comes to £283 in Florida after tax and exchange rates.

For the sake of £58 premium, I have something now rather than waiting 3 more months. On a Macbook Pro I'd wait for Florida, iPad maybe but the watch is only a marginal saving for the risk of being stopped in customs, however small a risk.

I was going to wait until I was surprised on Father's Day! In reality, the Apple Watch Sport black 42mm which was what I wanted as I don't like the steel was £339 over here and comes to £283 in Florida after tax and exchange rates.

For the sake of £58 premium, I have something now rather than waiting 3 more months. On a Macbook Pro I'd wait for Florida, iPad maybe but the watch is only a marginal saving for the risk of being stopped in customs, however small a risk.

The Apple Watch falls within your allowances for Customs (depending on what else you are bringing back) as do some of the cheaper iPad models as you are allowed £390 per person.

We will get our Apple watches in Fl if we get them as we want 2 so that's £100 saving even on the cheapest models.

I know what you're saying but not many people only buy one thing so thought it worth bringing up. Personally we frequently buy too much and risk it but it is a risk.

I know what you're saying but not many people only buy one thing so thought it worth bringing up. Personally we frequently buy too much and risk it but it is a risk.

See we don't very often come back close to our limit as at £390 per person that's near £1000 - well our total spending including food is vary rarely much over that when not on the DDP and well under if on the DDP!

If anyone in you family or friend circle is a student/teacher you can get education discount on that too. Just thought I would let you know, I have used it on all my apple products.

I was going to buy one in April when at Florida Mall. They told me they were not allowed to sell to Non-US people at the US price and that the price would be £399 even if I bought it there.

Just buy it at home :)

We bought two on our recent trip. One for Diane and her friend (who was reimbursing us).
Both were packed in the same hand luggage for journey home.

Not sure why Jon had a problem at the Florida Mall Apple Store as this was where we purchased watches.
Visited this store a couple of times to look at watch, buy it and also purchases straps (bands in USA).

With the credit card exchange rate saving was approx £70 for each watch compared to UK prices :)

Last edited:
We bought two on our recent trip. One for Diane and her friend (who was reimbursing us).
Both were packed in the same hand luggage for journey home.

Not sure why Jon had a problem at the Florida Mall Apple Store as this was where we purchased watches.
Visited this store a couple of times to look at watch, buy it and also purchases straps (bands in USA).

With the credit card exchange rate saving was approx £70 for each watch compared to UK prices :)

Fantastic! I'll was hoping to pick one up whilst we are over there, good news!

If anyone in you family or friend circle is a student/teacher you can get education discount on that too. Just thought I would let you know, I have used it on all my apple products.

Hi - this is interesting. We are both teachers and have two child "students" - does this work in the US too? How would you prove it?!?! How does this work?!?!

I was going to buy one in April when at Florida Mall. They told me they were not allowed to sell to Non-US people at the US price and that the price would be £399 even if I bought it there.

Really?!?!

Who told you that? You could quite easily be a US citizen with a British accent (there are enough of them) - so are they now doing ID/Passport checks at Apple Stores?

Seriously - I don't know who told you that but it's complete rubbish!

Who told you that? You could quite easily be a US citizen with a British accent (there are enough of them) - so are they now doing ID/Passport checks at Apple Stores?

Seriously - I don't know who told you that but it's complete rubbish!

This was a staff member in the Apple Store in Florida Mall. I agree I could have emigrated and have a US address and a green card!

It didn't actually matter as this was before they had store stock to sell anyway.

I got one at home in the end :D

We also bought one from the Apple Store at the Florida Mall last week and didn't experience any problems

I bought a leather loop (strap) at the Florida Mall store for about £100 so £30 cheaper than here.

Paid for it with Apple Pay on my watch too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter