Apple Scooters--legite?

brianscupcake

Earning My Ears
I have done as much research as possible about Apple Scooters and even looked them up on Better Business Bureau. They are not registered with BBB, so they are not "accredited" but I know that doesn't always mean the company is "bad" just that they don't register/pay to be part of BBB. It said they have gotten three complaints in the last 3 years. I'm not sure what an average number of complaints is, but I guess I just want to make sure I gave my cc# to a company that ACTUALLY EXISTS.
Has anyone actually used them for scooters or strollers? I know lots of us have upcoming reservations, but hoping its not one big scam. I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but that would be an awful feeling to get to Disney not only to find we don't have a stroller for the week, but that we had been scammed. :sad1:Any way to know for sure?
Thanks!

Hi, I rented a scooter from them in 2011. It was waiting for us at guest services when we arrived as promised. The scooter was clean and in great condition. We had a good experiance and have rented again for next month3/16. Hope this helps Nan

Awesome, that does help, thank you! I feel much better about the reservation I booked yesterday! Thank you!!:flower3:

They are one of the most commonly used scooter companies people mention using on the DISboards and have been for a number of years.

They are also one of 5 companies that are designated 'preferred vendors' by Disney. This means they are me of the companies that is allowed to drop off nd pick up from Bell Services at the WDW resorts.

I believe they just got into renting strollers recently and are trying to increase that business - plus encourage people who are renting ECVs or wheelchairs to also rent a stroller from them.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread! :goodvibes We're taking advantage of their "free" stroller rental, which is really $5/ton plus tax in two weeks. We were actually planning on bringing our own stroller, but the cost of buying a stroller bag was more than the rental is costing us! I realize we won't have the stroller in the airport, but we have short layovers and three different people that can handle carry DS if needed, so I think we'll be fine. But, I was kind of wondering about the company. It makes me feel better that they've been around a while for scooter rentals.

Glad you posted this. I had been worrying and going back and forth on this. Guess I better get busy and make my reservation. Thanks.

I also wanted to add that I emailed the company about rain covers and they were able to add one to my order for $5 (for our entire rental)!!!

I was really worried about this (I posted about it a while ago). I am sooooo glad I was able to get one! :cool1:

Amazing deal and so far great customer service! I hope the stroller & the rest of the process turns out to be great too!!!

We rented two scooters in November. They were awesome! They were there when we checked in and dropped off at the same place. They were clean and ran great. No problems at all. Renting again in June.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I also wanted to add that I emailed the company about rain covers and they were able to add one to my order for $5 (for our entire rental)!!!

I was really worried about this (I posted about it a while ago). I am sooooo glad I was able to get one! :cool1:

Amazing deal and so far great customer service! I hope the stroller & the rest of the process turns out to be great too!!!

Wow great thought! I didn't think of that! We reserved for our long weekend in April and were able to take advantage of the deal. i am definately going to give them a call about the rain cover now. Thanks again!:cool1::goodvibes

Has anyone tried asking for the parent console? I'm more worried about having that than the rain cover.

We've used magic strollers and kingdom strollers in the past. I just looked up this apple scooters and to me it sounds like a scam, lol. So for our week in April, the stroller will be free? This is just hard to believe that they're giving out strollers for nothing. Is there a catch or what?

I think that they were offering the "deal" price because they are expanding into strollers, I reserved one for our upcoming trip, and received a e-mail confirming the rental. I usually have my radar up, and rarely order or reserve anything on line, but I am completely comfortable with renting from them.

While you don't pay for the rental, you are still charges $5/ day for insurance and sales tax.

I think this is a way to get repeat business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!