Appetizers at Plaza?

tripletsmama

DIS Veteran
Are appetizers available at the plaza restaurant? We are thinking about trying the deluxe dining plan. I don't see any appetizers listed on the menu on allears but thought maybe I could find them somewhere else. Does anyone have any experience?

I know you can add a salad or soup. Not sure that is an app. Plaza is really inexpensive IMO and I am not sure I would use the plan there.

They don't have an appetizer list. Soup or salad can be added to the entree for an additional cost, so I would imagine that this would be covered by the DxDP's appetizer allowance. I've never eaten at this restaurant when on the DDP because it is such poor value for a TS credit.

I used it a few years on the DxDDP. Because I was getting the strawberry chicken salad as my entree, they let me order french fries as my appetizer.

We have never tried this restaurant, so thought it might be nice for something new. Now it's sounding like it might not be the best plan!

I would say do it as an OOP meal. It is the best value in OOP Table Service. I never go on Dining plan and enjoy better meals than any Counter Service for a couple dollars more. If you use DDP there, ask whether the soup or salad is an appetizer on DDP. DDP is about convenience at this point and not value at this point IMHO. Use the plan to get the best meals you can.

I would say do it as an OOP meal. It is the best value in OOP Table Service. I never go on Dining plan and enjoy better meals than any Counter Service for a couple dollars more. If you use DDP there, ask whether the soup or salad is an appetizer on DDP. DDP is about convenience at this point and not value at this point IMHO. Use the plan to get the best meals you can.

I agree I would do it as an OOP meal, but in the past I did eat there on the DxDDP and was offered a small side salad or tomato soup as my appetizer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!