APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try calling Universal Resorts directly. I didn't see the rate I was looking for but when I called, they offered the club level APH discount.

I just called…my dates are blacked out. Blackout dates are from March 27th to April 11th…of course!! Grrrrrr!!

I updated the first post to "Mid-May", if anyone comes up with an actual date let me know and I'll revise it. Thanks!

The APH rates for April 16 to 21 at Portifino-Gardenview standard room averages $209 a night. That's the rate I have with Cheaptickets. Will it go down even more?

I wanted two rooms at HRH for my one night stay in March but they had no standard rooms left for my date with the AP rate. So I book RPH standard and got three rooms with AP for what they were offering AP at the HRH (deluxe room) for two rooms. Rate for RPH was $229.50 with tax. HRH deluxe was $347.63 with tax.

I can find APH rates for May 21 but not May 22. Looks like that is where the cutoff is.

Anxiously awaiting the release of June dates!:cool1:

I was playing around with it, and looked like the APH rate in May was higher than the seasonal rate, and MUCH higher than the stay more rate.

So what is the deal with AP rates for 2 rooms ?
We are doing some planning for early August , and will need to stay at HRH, RPR or PBR for 3 nights with 7 total ........ 2 adults , 4 adult "kids" and 1 13 y/o kid .
Was looking at some of the BIG suites, but ouch ! :faint:
Thinking of getting 1 king room, and 1 double queen room .......hopefully connecting. Can I book the reservation and just show them the adults AP's X 2 if they ask (they didnt even ask to see them last week) ? It would make things easier if we didnt need to book the rooms separate to keep things on the same reservation ..........and hopefully have the rooms connecting !

Whats the chances of getting a good AP rate for early August .........is that normally a good time to get good rates or is it blocked out?

We just returned and were blown away by the HP stuff, and everyone wants to go back ..........and bring friends this time ::yes::
Thanks !

I had a suite booked at Portofino from April 30 through May 3, got the Stay more rate. Called today for the APH rate and saved over $500. Definitely makes the annual pass worth it.

If I put in APH on the booking engine but when I continue on and pick the room I want (a deluxe room at HRH) and there it shows "seasonal rate", does that mean there is no APH rate available?

This wouldn't surprise me as it is the week before Easter so I assume there may be no APH available. My current reservation also shows "seasonal rate". We're only staying 3 nights.

As it stands, the rate I can see online now is $20/night MORE than my reservation rate. I just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong in trying to look it up. I was really hoping for an APH discount, though. :-(

OH! I just saw buzz's post above - missed that in my notifications somehow - yes, my dates are blacked out then as well. Never mind. Oh well. At least I'm saving $20/night over if I had waited and booked it now. Now -- should I even bother getting one AP? New decision, but I'm thinking not.

I just booked RPR standard 2 Queen 5/10-5/15 for $174 with AP rate.

The week of 5/3-5/8 they did not have standard room at RPR, but they had club level at rate of $274. Portofino garden view at 239.

Lisa

If I put in APH on the booking engine but when I continue on and pick the room I want (a deluxe room at HRH) and there it shows "seasonal rate", does that mean there is no APH rate available?

This wouldn't surprise me as it is the week before Easter so I assume there may be no APH available. My current reservation also shows "seasonal rate". We're only staying 3 nights.

As it stands, the rate I can see online now is $20/night MORE than my reservation rate. I just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong in trying to look it up. I was really hoping for an APH discount, though. :-(

OH! I just saw buzz's post above - missed that in my notifications somehow - yes, my dates are blacked out then as well. Never mind. Oh well. At least I'm saving $20/night over if I had waited and booked it now. Now -- should I even bother getting one AP? New decision, but I'm thinking not.

It's so disappointing, isn't it!? I'm not getting the APH now either…seems pointless since I know I won't be getting back by the next year. I thought about changing hotels altogether, but I really want the FOTL pass. So I'm just going to suck it up and pay more than everyone else on the PLANET! Except you, of course ;)
LOL! At least I've already paid for 2 of the 3 nights so we don't have a huge bill to look forward to!

It's so disappointing, isn't it!? I'm not getting the APH now either…seems pointless since I know I won't be getting back by the next year. I thought about changing hotels altogether, but I really want the FOTL pass. So I'm just going to suck it up and pay more than everyone else on the PLANET! Except you, of course ;)
LOL! At least I've already paid for 2 of the 3 nights so we don't have a huge bill to look forward to!

Yeah, I've only paid for one night so far. Still have overall sticker shock. At least my Disney portion of the trip is on DVC points with APs.

Hey gang,

We're returning to Universal this summer. Thanks to you fine folks, I was able to take advantage of the APH discount for our stay at the Portofino.

I'm hoping to do so again this summer, but as everyone knows, June APH rates aren't available yet.

We're going after a 7 night Fantasy cruise, so we'll be at Universal June 27th through July 1st. We leave on Wedensday and the July 4th holiday falls that following Saturday. Do you guys think I'm in danger of it being a blackout period for that week?

I've been searching through old threads to see what I could find on previous years, but didn't have any luck so far.

I'm not an expert in going during busybusy times. Not at all. So it's possible the rates won't ever show up for busier times.

But for the dates I do book for, I know that you just have to keep on checking. Prices change as time goes on, and prices don't *always* go up. Our dates start 1/5 and rooms that were sold out months ago are coming back up. I was just able to switch my King room to a 2Queen room (thank goodness). APH is still higher than SMSM rates for my dates, but I'm still checking, just in case.

And even though SMSM is still better, a month or more ago the APH rate was nearly $100 more for the same room, and now it's $10 more. I'm holding out hope! :)

After posting, I did start digging through the 2014 date and rate thread. I found a few that indicated APH rates with booking dates that covered the 4th of July.

Now that Southwest opened the booking window for the summer, I've got my flight setup and have entered the serious monitoring mode to get everything else booked. I'll definitely be checking regularly to see if/when APH shows for the end of June.

I have never booked using APH rates, but I will be for next September...and I was wondering, do APH rates fluctuate? I see people posting what they paid with APH rates, and sometimes, some are cheaper than others at the same hotel for the same room. Does time of year make the difference?? I just want to be prepared to get the best rate. :)

I have never booked using APH rates, but I will be for next September...and I was wondering, do APH rates fluctuate? I see people posting what they paid with APH rates, and sometimes, some are cheaper than others at the same hotel for the same room. Does time of year make the difference?? I just want to be prepared to get the best rate. :)

Yes, it does.

I finally got an ap rate for my dates for RPR ( february 9th to 14th ) have been looking for months and finally were able to book it.

Got a rate of 205 for the weeknights and 299 for the weekend, my previous stay more save more rate were 225 for the weeknights and 350 for the weekend

Bumping this thread so we can keep it up to date. Has anyone found APH rates past May yet? I haven't checked since I came back from my own trip.
:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter