• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's crazy. I might book 11/3 to 11/5 at the APH rate and keep my other reservation for that Saturday at the regular rate. We aren't able to use the express pass on Thursday 11/3 cause we won't even get there until 10 o'clock at night. My niece wants to do Harry Potter first so we will be focusing on that on Friday no matter what. I wanted the pass for Saturday and sunday so I'm keeping that one night that I already have booked, I would not want to go to another hotel that night.

I'm assuming if I have two different reservations but at the same hotel that they won't make me switch rooms. I might call and ask.
Oh yes, my apologize. I meant to exclude the 11/3, but then I didn't want to confuse others and make them think they wouldn't have it on check-in day.
Per our old conversation I couldn't make heads or tails about which date you had that one room booked! lol
However you work it I hope it works out for you!
If you have two reservations at the same type of room I would assume they could work it to keep you in the same room. However...... the computer probably generates it with some impressive logarithm so who knows.

Oh yes, my apologize. I meant to exclude the 11/3, but then I didn't want to confuse others and make them think they wouldn't have it on check-in day.
Per our old conversation I couldn't make heads or tails about which date you had that one room booked! lol
However you work it I hope it works out for you!
If you have two reservations at the same type of room I would assume they could work it to keep you in the same room. However...... the computer probably generates it with some impressive logarithm so who knows.

I appreciate all the help! I'm still hoping they will add that Saturday to the discounted rates!

Okay after doing a lot of research while I'm sitting here on the beach:beach: I have decided to take an earlier flight Down on Friday 12/16 and fly home late on Monday 12/19 instead of Tuesday. I would much rather stay the extra day BUT this way I could get two rooms (and bathrooms!!) for our family of five (including three teenage girls) the extra sleeping space and the extra bathroom will be sooo worth it!!!!!party:

Okay after doing a lot of research while I'm sitting here on the beach:beach: I have decided to take an earlier flight Down on Friday 12/16 and fly home late on Monday 12/19 instead of Tuesday. I would much rather stay the extra day BUT this way I could get two rooms (and bathrooms!!) for our family of five (including three teenage girls) the extra sleeping space and the extra bathroom will be sooo worth it!!!!!party:
My friends and I got adjoining rooms at PBH this spring and it was SOOO nice! As minute her boyfriend decided to go. I had never met him before and I'm a bit of a private prude... LOL, well.. kind of. Anyways. Last minute I was able to switch down to a standard room, get 2 rooms, and total it was only about $100 more than the original room I had booked. It was WELL WORTH $100!!!

So glad it worked out for you and hope you're able to get adjoining if that's your preference. Should make for a happy vacation!

OK, I'm there Dec 8-10. I have a reservation for $254/night in a standard room at RPR, but now see an APH offer for $291 (instead of $374) for HRH Deluxe room with a pull-out sofa for our group of five. Worth the $40x2 nights plus cost of getting an AP? Has anyone stayed at the Deluxe HRH rooms? The square footage is bigger (but I've lost the exact numbers).

We stayed in a king deluxe this summer. It felt much more roomy than the standard 2 queens at HRH. It was only DH and I though. What is the 5th person going to sleep on at RPR in a standard room? There isn't much room after the two beds. I can't remember if there's a table and chair in the standard 2 queens at RPR. There is one at HRH, so a cot or something might fit better in their standard.

I like having an AP. Do you plan to travel more than once in the next year? My AP paid for itself with the hotel discount we got in March. However, we were going to stay at HRH anyway, so we didn't go up in price on the room.

OK, I'm there Dec 8-10. I have a reservation for $254/night in a standard room at RPR, but now see an APH offer for $291 (instead of $374) for HRH Deluxe room with a pull-out sofa for our group of five. Worth the $40x2 nights plus cost of getting an AP? Has anyone stayed at the Deluxe HRH rooms? The square footage is bigger (but I've lost the exact numbers).
I've stayed twice in hrh deluxe room

Great space and nice extra area for luggage, changing, etc when you enter the room
The walled off section is to the side of the room when you enter

Sofa makes into a bed and room feels more spacious than the standard rooms

I decided to somewhat splurge and go for HRH. It was about $120 cheaper total for 3 nights than PBH and $120 more than RPH. We are looking at Thanksgiving week.

I decided to somewhat splurge and go for HRH. It was about $120 cheaper total for 3 nights than PBH and $120 more than RPH. We are looking at Thanksgiving week.
I hate to mention the rooms at HRH are the same size as RP, unless you get a deluxe queen room.

I hate to mention the rooms at HRH are the same size as RP, unless you get a deluxe queen room.

This is from the Universal website for Hard Rock:
Garden View 2 Queen Room
You'll enjoy exceptional amenities, two queen beds and 375 square feet of space giving you ample room to rock out or just kick back with your entourage. Each Garden View room lets you look out upon a different area of the hotel's scenic grounds.

This is for Royal Pacific:
Standard 2 Queen Room
Enjoy 335 square feet of tropical paradise in one of these inviting standard guest rooms. Each room offers two queen beds and all of the modern amenities

It's not a big difference but HRH is larger.

Yes, I was going by the room descriptions on the website. Quite frankly, all 3 of them are way too small with 3 teenagers! But they have been begging to go back, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Though I keep toying with the idea of going club level. With 5 of us, it seems like maybe we could get our moneys worth out of it? It is $100 more/night. We are not big breakfast eaters though, and not sure if we would come back for their lunch and dinner options, which aren't really a meal anyway, right? It might save us about $20 a day on a Starbucks run though.

for 5 people it might be worth it. The soda and water and snacks can add up quickly. Throw in a bfast or 2, a mini meal at dinner and you are there. Plus it is really cool :P

Well I bit the bullet and changed my reservation. I booked two adjoining standard queen rooms for my family of five. We also have three teenagers. my AP rate was $206/night when we were all in one room but because one is considered an adult we were charged extra so when we dropped the amount of people in one room our rate went down to $187/night. I really think the extra space and the extra bathroom will work out perfectly for us. I think it ended up being $300 difference after I dropped a night

For my dates 11/25 and 26 how are you guys getting such a great rate>? APH is coming up 284 at RPH, 339 HRH, and PBH 349. I have to get two rooms because their is 6 of us. Staying at CBBR on Thursday in FCS for 159 APH

For my dates 11/25 and 26 how are you guys getting such a great rate>? APH is coming up 284 at RPH, 339 HRH, and PBH 349. I have to get two rooms because their is 6 of us. Staying at CBBR on Thursday in FCS for 159 APH
The rate is most likely going to be higher because you are going over Thanksgiving week. A lot of kids are out of school during that time period and head down for vacation.

When I put in your dates I put in one adult and two kids to price out two rooms with APH rate. RPR is $234, HRH is $289 and PBH is $264. That's the price for each room. Hope that helps!!

Thank you i guess it did not take my code OR i put it in where it'd be more. I think me and my husband will go for a King put the two 24 and 20 girls in a room with 10 and 16 year old. Makes the pricing exactly as above.

We just booked two rooms too. We are a family of five and wanted the extra bathroom and beds. They told me the best chance we had of getting adjoining rooms was if we booked two standard queen rooms (RPR). don't know if she's right or just said that. Call and talk to someone in person. We had to put my husband's name on one room and mine on the other bc my oldest is only 20 and an adult 21 or older has to be listed on the room. Make sure you can book both rooms with one AP. I didn't ask bc we both have an AP. Good luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter