AP vs teacher discount at Swan/Dolphin

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by zagafi, Jan 5, 2005.

1. zagafi

zagafi Out of the loop? I don't even know where the loop

Can someone explain how the AP rate works? Is it still the case that you receive a discount *and* a one category upgrade?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. EEyorelover22

EEyorelover22 I want to live in the Castle

I saw on another thread that perhaps the teacher discount is no longer offered. I can't remember where though.

4. Advance The Man

Advance The Man No to Rack Rates!!!

I don't know if the Swan/Dolphin, since they aren't owned by Disney if they have AP rates. However, their internet rates are $159 - and that's hard to beat. Our AK rate for the last weekend in January is only $145± via AP rate.

5. zagafi

Oh, they're definitely offered. They are available for our December trip. What I want to know is if using the AP rate might be a better deal.

6. zagafi

Yep, they have them. And the teacher rate is $149!

7. EEyorelover22

Someone posted for the summer of 2005, they couldn't get the teacher discount and they didn't know if the rate was sold out or if they were not offering it anymore. I wish I could remember where that was.

8. zagafi

It's not available for some dates, but it is for our December dates. I know there's a convention there during our June dates for sure!

9. EEyorelover22

I hope whoever posted that they couldn't get the teacher rate finds this thread. I wish DH would try there...that's a great rate. Although if it doesn't stop snowing here, I'll never get back to school, never have a summer vacation and who cares who has a teacher rate. I hate snow.

10. EEyorelover22

"I got the same answer when I called yesterday trying to book for mid-late June. She said there was no teacher rate availability right now in either June or July. She didn't know whether they would open it up or not. I keep trying to choose another resort (WL perhaps) in case I can't get the teacher rate at the Swan, but then I think about the location, the beds, the ease of transportation - yes, I'm spoiled! Please, please, please Mr. Swandolphin, please open up some dates in June, July and August so our hard-working teachers can enjoy your beautiful hotels!"

What good is a teacher rate if it can't be used in the summer???

11. Kenswing

Kenswing If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!

What dates did you get the discount for? I've been trying to get 12/5 - 12/15 and have been told repeatedly that no discount was available for those dates....YET.

12. zagafi

12/18-12/26