AP upgrade but I already purchased MM?

puppytrainer

Mouseketeer
I will be in WDW in 2 weeks. Park tickets and Memory Maker purchased. We now think we will go back again in October so I wanted to upgrade to an AP (gold since I am a DVC member). Couple questions on how it may work.

1) Where do I do this? Can it be done at my resort or do I have to do it at a park?
2) If at a park, outside before I go in or inside the gates?
3) I know that what I paid for my current ticket (purchased through Disney originally) can be applied to the AP price, but what about the fact that I purchased MM? Does that $149 get applied too since the AP will MM with it?

TIA!

The info above is not correct. You get full credit for the price of your ticket regardless of using a day's admission first. You can upgrade inside the park, outside the park, at Downtown Disney if you choose. You will get the same amount of credit for your original ticket at all places.

I will be in WDW in 2 weeks. Park tickets and Memory Maker purchased. We now think we will go back again in October so I wanted to upgrade to an AP (gold since I am a DVC member). Couple questions on how it may work.

1) Where do I do this? Can it be done at my resort or do I have to do it at a park?
2) If at a park, outside before I go in or inside the gates?
3) I know that what I paid for my current ticket (purchased through Disney originally) can be applied to the AP price, but what about the fact that I purchased MM? Does that $149 get applied too since the AP will MM with it?

TIA!

1) At a park.
2) You can do it outside or inside
3) Yes, what you paid will be applied to the AP price regardless of whether you use the ticket or not. Just know, your AP will expire one year from when you first enter the park (not one year from the day you upgrade, unless it's the same day!)

I would call Disney prior to your trip and ask for a refund for MM. Just explain you are getting an AP and won't need it anymore. A few years ago, we had purchased MM, but then an AP promo came out that included MM if reserving an AP discounted room. I simply called Disney and they refunded me the cost of the first MM I had purchased. As long as you haven't used it, it shouldn't be a problem.

I did this back in October. I had a 7 day park hopper, I used it for a couple of days and then upgraded at guest relations at Epcot. They gave me the credit for the MM I had purchased and I ended up paying around $5.00 for the gold pass. All the pictures that were taken the first couple of days were still available.

You can request a refund for the MM once you've upgraded to the annual pass as well.

You can also call up and cancel memory maker and get the refund before you get there.

There is 1 thing that is misinformation in the above that I want to clarify:

The info above is not correct. You get full credit for the price of your ticket regardless of using a day's admission first. You can upgrade inside the park, outside the park, at Downtown Disney if you choose. You will get the same amount of credit for your original ticket at all places.

This is correct and incorrect at the same time...

If you purchased the tickets without any discount directly from disney, AND the ticket price is still the same when you upgrade, then you can upgrade at any guest relations without any loss of money without using them.

If you purchased the tickets at a discount or the ticket price has increased since you bought them, using them once will lock in the value of the ticket to the price it would cost if bought it that day at the ticket window. If using an authorized discounted reseller, the value is what they paid disney (wholesale price) without using it.

If your not sure what to do, use the ticket to get into the park. There is a guest relations that can help you upgrade inside every park near the "turnstyle".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter