• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Room-Only Release Date for Stays After June 6

I'm bummed because I have to work at 6am tomorrow. So I won't know if they do release the AP rates until 230 in the afternoon.:sad1:

Do you think it would be wrong to e-mail my Dreams Unlimited TA tonight and ask her to make a reservation for me tomorrow IF they release the AP rates? You know, say something like "I have to work tomorrow. Could you get me a quote at the Contemporary if Disney releases an AP rate in the morning?" Would that be bad?

What would be the better deal for 9 nights at GF during value season?

1) Stay with 4-3 deal.

2) Book room only when AP rates are released and purchase AP's.

30 Wait for general public rates.

MAXIESMOM

Do you think it would be wrong to e-mail my Dreams Unlimited TA tonight and ask her to make a reservation for me tomorrow IF they release the AP rates? You know, say something like "I have to work tomorrow. Could you get me a quote at the Contemporary if Disney releases an AP rate in the morning?" Would that be bad?

It doesn't hurt to try, I would!:goodvibes
Logpey

She said she couldn't say, Then I asked spy like questions to get her to talk, she said If not tomorrow, in the next three days for AP Resort discount and possible room only discount. She kept saying very, very close, I think she acted more like in the next three days, Wed 23 is Earth Day, maybe that day, either way it's this week according to her. Exciting, At least it's coming to a close, so everyone here can relax and enjoy the anticipation for Disney.:cool1:

Happy planning,
Logpey:surfweb:

She said: "If not tomorrow, maybe in the next three day, very very soon!"

That's very good. I am ready to book when Disney is!!

I'm bummed because I have to work at 6am tomorrow. So I won't know if they do release the AP rates until 230 in the afternoon.:sad1:

No. My TA probably would have appreciated it if I had simply waited until the discounts were released before I booked my stay. I called her and e-mailed her a million times the day the AP discounts for January were released, then when the 4-3 deal was announced, I called her and e-mailed her another million times before I decided to keep my AP discount.

Oh and I suppose that answers the question of the other poster who asked about the 9 nights.
Our savings between an AP discount and the 4-3 deal turned out to be about the same. Basically buy 6, get 3 free.
Also, we were being offered the $500 Gift Card (I think it was $500...) along with the 4-3 deal, which is what was going to make up the difference.
Otherwise the AP affords much higher savings.

For the GF...a Standard room on the 4-3 deal would be $2400 and with an AP discount of 40% the total would be $2160.

However, buying an AP just to get the discount only makes sense if you're planning another trip within a year. If not, then the savings are basically a wash, because you'll be paying approximately double for your tickets.

It may have been better for us to use the 4-3 deal afterall, because they released the Military Salute information the day we got to Disney this year. We would have gotten the savings from the 4-3 deal, then still been able to go back during the year my DH getting in free and me on a $99 ticket. Plus we would have had the Gift Card and been able to get 40% off anyways since he's military.

We're planning a trip to the Poly sometime in 9/09 but haven't been able to iron out the details yet. Given we've already missed the 4/3 deals, is it possible there's benefit to becoming an AP member, even it's for a single trip? If I've read all the information correctly, and we haven't had any other room discounts to apply there could be significant cost savings?:woohoo:

Thanks!

I'm now on the hunt for the AP room discount. Son was just accepted at UCF :cool1: so now need to plan for an unexpected trip mid June to wdw

I wonder how far ahead the dates will go. Will it be through the month of August? I'm interested in late August, but in the past, the discounts that included July, seemed to end at the very beginning of August/late July, until the next batch would come out. tink

We're planning a trip to the Poly sometime in 9/09 but haven't been able to iron out the details yet. Given we've already missed the 4/3 deals, is it possible there's benefit to becoming an AP member, even it's for a single trip? If I've read all the information correctly, and we haven't had any other room discounts to apply there could be significant cost savings?:woohoo:

Thanks!

You could book the free dining discount for September of this year. Depending on how many people you have in your party it can be a huge savings. :teacher:

I'll be calling at 7am to make my ADRs so I'll be sure to ask if there is anything!!

I was so sleepy I posted a thread on the resorts board asking everyone who got up at 6am! I didn't even realize it wasn't on the code thread - they must all think I'm nuts! Well...I am nuts about waiting for an AP code!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter