AP renewal

stacy~**

DIS Veteran
I purchased my AP last March before we were DVC members. It has expired but I am still within my 30 day window of renewal. I have an unexpected short trip coming in May (as well as trips in July, hopefully October and January) so I think it makes sense to renew. If I renew will I get to renew at the DVC rate now that we are members even though the original pass wasn't purchased through DVC?

I don't know if policies have changed, but 3-4 years ago when I became a member (my parents added me as a member on their contracts) the first time I renewed my AP I was able to get the DVC renewal price.

Thanks for the replies and yes I was able to renew with the DVC rates.

I do have a question....it is showing up in MDE as this:
DVC Annual Pass - Renewal Certificate
Expires: Tuesday, December 31, 2030

My understanding is with renewals the pass starts the day the previous pass expires. Any idea why it's showing up this way? Will it adjust to the backdated expiration when I activate it at guest services?

Thanks for the replies and yes I was able to renew with the DVC rates.

I do have a question....it is showing up in MDE as this:
DVC Annual Pass - Renewal Certificate
Expires: Tuesday, December 31, 2030

My understanding is with renewals the pass starts the day the previous pass expires. Any idea why it's showing up this way? Will it adjust to the backdated expiration when I activate it at guest services?
The note re expiration refers to the exchange certificate itself, not the actual pass. When you exchange the certificate for the actual pass, your "renewed" annual pass will be effective on the same day your current pass expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter