AP renewal question.

James G

Mouseketeer
My pass just expired a few days ago. Can I still renew my pass or do I need to get a new pass. I know a last week I could renew at a discount rate but now i can't renew online so I'm wondering if I'm out of luck?

Thanks guys!

James G!

There used to be a grace period where you could still renew at the gates. You can call Disney and ask if it's still possible. But, if you're not going back for awhile, it might make sense to just buy a new pass and get the later expiration date.

Sorry, but since the price increase, Disney no longer offers the renewal discount if you renew you AP before your expiration date. :sad:But I agree with SMD, if you are not planning on going to DLR for a while, I would wait to get your AP so you can have a later expiration date.

Kriss pirate:

Sorry, but since the price increase, Disney no longer offers the renewal discount if you renew you AP before your expiration date. Kriss pirate:

I have a premium AP and just checked the website - it says "Enjoy a discount when you renew up to 40 days before your pass expiration date!" I'm not due for renewal yet, but it looks like the discount still applies. :confused:

Yikes! I hope they didn't take the discount away with the increase!!!:sad1: That would be like getting kicked in both shins!

I have a premium AP and just checked the website - it says "Enjoy a discount when you renew up to 40 days before your pass expiration date!" I'm not due for renewal yet, but it looks like the discount still applies. :confused:

Oh I spoke with a CM at the ticket booths and this is what they told me. I called Disney AP services today and they said the discount still applies but off of the new prices. I guess there is some miscommunication somewhere. So sorry about that. :guilty:

Kriss pirate:

Unless this just changed with the newest price increase, you've always been allowed to renew at the old price and get the old renewal discount if you were already in your renewal period when the price increase occurred. And if you think about it, if you already have the renewal letter in hand that says $699.99 - $60, how can they not honor that if you send in a check with that form? The one year they went from a $20 discount across the board to a tiered renewal discount the same thing applied. If you renewed at the old price you got $20, then you got the increased (or decreased for So Cal Select) the next year. I was in my renewal period for my premium that year and I got $20 off the then "old" price and was able to use the payment plan without a new 1 day deposit.

However, the OP's AP has already expired, so they may allow a retroactive renewal with the same expiration date, but they might not allow a discount. If the OP buys a new AP with a new expiration date, that's not a renewal.

There is still a discount but you have to renew BEFORE your pass expires. Two price increases ago they stopped the grace period after expiration. Unfortunantly this means if you have So Cal pass you will not be able to purchase this, same with adding parking on, since the pass has lapsed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter