AP Question please!

love the magic

<font color=blue>Just call me "LTM"!!!!!!<br><font
I'm a new DVC owner and I want to take advantage of the AP Perk for use at my upcoming trip 2/17 - 2/22....if I order online, would the voucher arrive in time for my trip or at this point would I be safer purchasing the pass upon arrival? Will I save any time on line getting a voucher or do I need to wait any way....can you tell me what the advantage would be if I take care of this before I go?

Thanks in advance!

The only advantage to purchasing your discounted AP online would be to order the DDE card (Disney Dining Experience) card, as you must have the number code from a voucher or pass when you order. Other than that, it is the same as purchasing at the parks, as you ned to exchange the voucher, and it takes the same amount of time as a new pass.

I think you'd have plenty of time to receive the voucher, though. It is almost a month.

We ordered our DVC discount AP online in December to avoid the expected (and actual) price increase. We had an online confirmation to print - no voucers in the mail.

That being said, in your case I would probably just buy on arrival at WDW. You still need to exchange the vouchers which means going to a guest relations window and getting your name and address in the system and showing ID and membership cards, which is the longest part of the process.

Also, don't forget that you can do this at Guest Services @ Downtown Disney. There is usually no line there whereas the offices outside the parks can sometimes have a long wait. Plus the DD location is open later than any of the parks.

We will be arriving on Thursday and plan to go get our DVC discounted AP. Can we do this at any park or DTD guest relations window? Also, how late are they open? Our plane lands at 3:30pm, but until we get to resort via ME and grab some food, I'm sure it will be after 6pm. Would like to get it done that evening so as to avoid the rush in the morning, as we are trying to get early start for the EE preview.

Thanks everybody for your feedback! I'm SOOOO looking forward to this trip...my frist time as a DVC member!!! :cool1:

I'm thinking the DTD location was open until 10 or 11pm. I know they were open later than the one at Epcot. We arrived late in the evening as well, checked in to our hotel and hopped the bus for DTD...the AP's weren't the only thing we were after -- we decided we really deserved a Gharadelli sundae after traveling all day! :goofy:

brianm27 said:
We ordered our DVC discount AP online in December to avoid the expected (and actual) price increase. We had an online confirmation to print - no voucers in the mail...(snip)....
You ordered with the "will call" option. Those who want to order the DDE card should not use this method. You need the voucher or actual pass in hand to order the DDE - the CM will ask for the numbers on the back of the voucher/pass. The numbers on the email confirmation for the will call option will not work.

brianm27 said:
That being said, in your case I would probably just buy on arrival at WDW. You still need to exchange the vouchers which means going to a guest relations window and getting your name and address in the system and showing ID and membership cards, which is the longest part of the process.
I agree - as long as you aren't planning on getting the DDE, there is no advantage to ordering in advance.

Best wishes -

Yes - if at all possible, go to the GR location at DTD. We went at about 4PM on arrival day and there were 3 CMs manning the desk - and there were no guests. We walked up, exchanged our vouchers (it takes as long to exchange vouchers as to buy) and got the APs in under 5 minutes - and 3 of those minutes were CM explaining perks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter