AP HHN Scareactor Dining Experience

So....we're booked for October 14th!

The lovely lady whom I spoke to this morning gave me the following list of items that will be on the buffet (though I'm sure I missed a few.....I couldn't write as fast as she was rhyming them off....):

6-7 different types of salads (spring mix, romaine, pasta, etc.)
Roasted pork
Beef striploin
Rotisserie chicken
Chicken marsala
Pasta of the day
Corn on the cob
Broccoli
Rice pilaf
Roasted potatoes
Mashed potatoes
2 "warm" desserts: peach cobbler & bread pudding (both served with ice cream)
3 "cold" desserts: chocolate layer cake, strawberry cheesecake, and key lime pie

We have a Photoconnect AP, so I am wondering if they will replace our free digital Photoconnect downloads (one each) with a free print? "Kimberly" couldn't tell me.

DH was completely on board when I emailed him the info this morning. When he got home from his 12 hour night shift, his first words (after Good Morning Sweetie :love2:) was "you're going to book that scareactor meal when you get to work, right?" :teeth: .

Last edited:

This is an experimental project by Universal. I think it has generated enough interest that they decided to add more dates. If it goes well, we will see more next year and it won't be AP exclusive.

This is an experimental project by Universal. I think it has generated enough interest that they decided to add more dates. If it goes well, we will see more next year and it won't be AP exclusive.

I hope the fact that its experimental means they're going to put their best foot forward to wow everyone on its inaugural offering :thumbsup2 . It sure sounds super cool, so I just hope it ends up being worth it. I don't mind paying a premium price if you get a premium product or experience in return.

Last edited:
I could eat $49 worth of warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.

Lol.......I know a few people who have booked this and said the same thing!!!

Unfortunately the nights offered don't suit us as we have other plans...........but sounds like a bargain to me......:thumbsup2

i read about the scare actor dining experience back on aug 24th when another site, behind the thrills, talked about it.
it had the october dates on it then when they posted the info about this picture/dinner buffet with the SA.

this is what was posted:

The HHN Scareactor Dining Experience will be available for passholders beginning August 25th. The cost is $49.99 plus tax and gratuity. You get an all you can eat dining experience in Monsters Cafe, and get to interact with scareactors, including posing for pictures. On top of that, you get a free digital download of the icons. The dates are September 18, 19, 25 and 26, as well as October 14th and 21st.

This is available for Annual Passholders only, and will be VERY limited. Halloween Horror Nights tickets are also required (from what we were told on the phone).

i don't know if any more dates were added for october but i booked my reservation with them earlier for it.
i saw the 2 october dates were available don't know if any nights are booked up at this point.

that line of book now as some dates book up is used also for hhn tix and express passes.....lol

there have been other specials during the past hhn years that haven't been repeated.
one great thing was the special evening tour, very unlike the rip tours.

maybe the reason they don't show the oct dates on the hhn site for the dining with the SA could be those dates are sold out?

i read about the scare actor dining experience back on aug 24th when another site, behind the thrills, talked about it.
it had the october dates on it then when they posted the info about this picture/dinner buffet with the SA.

this is what was posted:

The HHN Scareactor Dining Experience will be available for passholders beginning August 25th. The cost is $49.99 plus tax and gratuity. You get an all you can eat dining experience in Monsters Cafe, and get to interact with scareactors, including posing for pictures. On top of that, you get a free digital download of the icons. The dates are September 18, 19, 25 and 26, as well as October 14th and 21st.

This is available for Annual Passholders only, and will be VERY limited. Halloween Horror Nights tickets are also required (from what we were told on the phone).

i don't know if any more dates were added for october but i booked my reservation with them earlier for it.
i saw the 2 october dates were available don't know if any nights are booked up at this point.

that line of book now as some dates book up is used also for hhn tix and express passes.....lol

there have been other specials during the past hhn years that haven't been repeated.
one great thing was the special evening tour, very unlike the rip tours.

thrillgeek.com is where I saw the additional dates.

So you have booked the Scareactor Dining Experience too, mac? Which date?

maybe the reason they don't show the oct dates on the hhn site for the dining with the SA could be those dates are sold out?

I booked Thursday morning. At the time that I called, October 14th and 21st weren't listed on the HHN site, but I was able to confirm our specific date after reading other posts on this thread and doing a quick google search (which brought me to thrillgeek).

They may have sold out between now and then, but I know that as of Thursday, the dates weren't on the site and I was still able to book for the 14th (all seating times were still available, too).

when i saw it back in august, the october dates were on the list of choices from the beginning of the announcement.
i copied that info and posted it above.

it was written and on the behind the thrills site on august 24th and gave everyone the heads up the day before booking would start for it.

didn't check it on the hhn website until you mentioned that no october dates were listed there.
that is why i'm guessing maybe they are sold out for oct....
other than that, ?

i'm heading for the peach cobbler with ice cream.....

I seem to remember a thread last year with hundreds of posts that discussed rumors etc for HHN but I have searched in vain for a similar thread this year. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

i always fall back on google to find other websites.
when i found them, i used them as my sources for info.
i join those groups and read the rumors as they fly.
usually it filters down to the disboards much later before someone posts them to others.

i don't post of rumors unless i read it on a few other sites.
rumors can always change so i wait until more start discussing the "what ifs"

I got my information from the phone rep who I booked with and we all know by now that is hit and miss. I'd be surprised if the October dates have been filled because I still think most people don't even know about those dates. When I say "most people" I'm excluding the very informed people here.

Maybe rumors was a bad word. It was like a planning thread. Sure it was on dis boards. I have only found a couple small threads with specific questions.

east gal, you're probably right.
this will be my 16th year of doing hhn and sometimes they kind of blend together.......

some years there are more discussions in advance and some years not.

information was leaked more years ago.
past few, not as much.
but there are some sites that are pretty reliable on what they post.

i kind of remember that on the darkside, there were threads on speculation and sharing from other websites in past years.
sweet sixteen was one of them.

what i read on them months back were quite on the mark.
hasn't been too much of that this hhn season so far.

Looking for any reviews or feedback from those who attended one of the September dates for the Scareactor Dining Experience.

What did you think??? Loved it? Thought it was worth the price?

Feel free to share your pics! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!