AP Discount

I already have my room at the Movies standard view....can they just add the 5% of to the fall rate I already have even tho there are no standard rooms available for the full 20% off??

In other words will they just take 5% off my room??

i just pulled up the ap 20% promo and did see movies had standard room availability.
check it out again, and frequently...

You are right from a Disney making money aspect it does make sense. However, the general public discount is not the best scenario for a AP holder because, with the general public discount if you want to have the dining plan you need to buy at least a 2 day park ticket per person. As an AP holder, why would you want to spend the money on the 2 day park ticket. If your not going to get a dining plan that's fine then just take the lesser of the general public discount

Also, you are right they offer discounts to fill rooms. However now currently there is the free dining, general public and AP discounts out. AP discounts are not available at the resort, however there are room available at the RAK rate. Wouldn't it be smart to discount those rooms so that they have someone in them and they are making some money instead of leaving them empty? Yes there are now discounted general public rooms (but yesterday when this fiasco started) they were not showing any standard rooms discounted. Plus I do find the run around between roughly 6 CMs a little out of hand. Nobody is on the same page.

I saw that they had the Savanna rooms available, but I was looking for a Pool view (which is what I had originally booked)

I totally agree with you Pluto! Since AP rates are the last discounts to be released, they should open more availability!! Fill the rooms instead of leaving them empty! Doesn't that make "money" sense?? My friends & I waited for AP rares & luckily we were able to book. However we didn't have a lot of resort choices. But we're going!!!:thumbsup2

I've tried to book Swan/Dolphin for years during F&W, unfortunately always during the time frame that is slammed with conventions = higher rates. Congrats on finding such a good rate for the epcot area. Was it a FLA resident rate?

AoA LM rooms sold out for time I need in January so I'll skip to next trip & hope AP pickings will be better next May:confused3and not released last minute.

I'm not sure what the actual rate code was. We have a pretty close knit bunch of Disney friends that live within a few hours of Disney and some of them hound deals. I want to say it was a Starwood Preferred Guest thing (that you just have to sign up for). It may have been mentioned on one of the travel deal sites as well - like travelzoo.

Here's the snippit from the email. You lose all the flexibility of a Disney hotel with refunds/cancellations and better customer service w/o all the extra fees, but not only did the math add up, we have a room within walking distance to F&W.

It's not my first choice, but if Disney is going to cut the discounts to their AP holders and FL residents, I'm going to start looking elsewhere to stay. I may even reconsider my AP next year... That goes for Tables in Wonderland as well. It was a great deal at around $75 I think it was two years ago. Then it went to $100 where I can still make it worthwhile, but anything over that and I'll probably forgo it.

Code:
Rate Details
Limited Time Offer - Prepaid Rate
This reservation must be paid in advance and is completely non-refundable; there is also a penalty for changes.

139.00 in US DOLLARS per night

Keep in mind that S&D have a resort fee of $17/day. Parking is $15/day and then add taxes to all of that... (was still cheaper though)

I totally agree with you Pluto! Since AP rates are the last discounts to be released, they should open more availability!! Fill the rooms instead of leaving them empty! Doesn't that make "money" sense?? My friends & I waited for AP rares & luckily we were able to book. However we didn't have a lot of resort choices. But we're going!!!:thumbsup2

I honestly believe it is just as simple as releasing the GP & the AP rates at the same time. People are going to say well wouldn't Disney want to book the rooms at a 30% discount instead of a 35% (for deluxe resorts for example). Of course, but lets face it is only a 5% discount difference between of the GP and the AP. Even on a $4,000 room stay that is only a $200 difference. So then people would argue well if it's not that big of a difference why are AP holders complaining, just book the GP discount. That's great, AP holders can do that, but what if they want a dining plan? The only way to get the dining plan with the GP room discount is to buy the minimum 2 day ticket. If I just spent money renewing the AP why would I want to buy park tickets? At least with the AP discount, it allows the Passholder to book a room at a discount (which general public can also book a room at a slight lower discount) and combine it with a dining plan. So the only "perk" the AP would be getting over the GP is the extra 5% on the room plus the ability to get a dining plan without purchasing tickets (and why would they want to purchase tickets if they have a pass to get into the park). So I don't see a problem with releasing the disconts at the same time, that way the GP gets their discount and the AP also get a discount and can use the extra "perk" of that should be associated with being an AP holder. Then if they want to block out a 100 rooms for discounts, go right ahead, but then everyone is kind of on a level playing field. Then as dates get closer and they see rooms are available, they should release more rooms at the discount instead of leaving them unoccupied. That encourages more people to stay and maybe the rooms will all get filled. Even if the standard rate is say $350 a night and someone gets the room for $250 a night. Yes Disney taking a hit of a "$100" night from their RAK rates, but having someone in the room, they will benefit in the long run. Because now the guest is there which means merchandise, food, beverages and all kinds of extra money coming in which will more then makeup for the Rak rate loss that they take. Just my opinion though and I fully respect everyone else's opinions as well. After all we all love Disney or we wouldn't keep going back and we all want the best deals and to enjoy our vacations. We plan, save, prepare and look forward to each trip and I believe we can all be in agreement with that.

I honestly believe it is just as simple as releasing the GP & the AP rates at the same time. People are going to say well wouldn't Disney want to book the rooms at a 30% discount instead of a 35% (for deluxe resorts for example). Of course, but lets face it is only a 5% discount difference between of the GP and the AP. Even on a $4,000 room stay that is only a $200 difference. So then people would argue well if it's not that big of a difference why are AP holders complaining, just book the GP discount. That's great, AP holders can do that, but what if they want a dining plan? The only way to get the dining plan with the GP room discount is to buy the minimum 2 day ticket. If I just spent money renewing the AP why would I want to buy park tickets? At least with the AP discount, it allows the Passholder to book a room at a discount (which general public can also book a room at a slight lower discount) and combine it with a dining plan. So the only "perk" the AP would be getting over the GP is the extra 5% on the room plus the ability to get a dining plan without purchasing tickets (and why would they want to purchase tickets if they have a pass to get into the park). So I don't see a problem with releasing the disconts at the same time, that way the GP gets their discount and the AP also get a discount and can use the extra "perk" of that should be associated with being an AP holder. Then if they want to block out a 100 rooms for discounts, go right ahead, but then everyone is kind of on a level playing field. Then as dates get closer and they see rooms are available, they should release more rooms at the discount instead of leaving them unoccupied. That encourages more people to stay and maybe the rooms will all get filled. Even if the standard rate is say $350 a night and someone gets the room for $250 a night. Yes Disney taking a hit of a "$100" night from their RAK rates, but having someone in the room, they will benefit in the long run. Because now the guest is there which means merchandise, food, beverages and all kinds of extra money coming in which will more then makeup for the Rak rate loss that they take. Just my opinion though and I fully respect everyone else's opinions as well. After all we all love Disney or we wouldn't keep going back and we all want the best deals and to enjoy our vacations. We plan, save, prepare and look forward to each trip and I believe we can all be in agreement with that.

Well said!!

As well, rooms left unfilled are a total loss of revenue that cannot be made up after the date is past. It stands to reason that any hotel (including Disney) will wheel and deal to make sure that they have as close to 100% occupancy as possible. With a resort as large and as expensive as WDW that involves a certain amount of lead time to allow people to make plans to be able to get there and fill those rooms. AP holders are a good bet because they already have passes in their hands as an added incentive to take the hotel deal and plan an extra trip. I know that in the past, we have seen discounts so low that we couldn't resist. However, with the last minute release of discounts and the paucity of rates as good even as the GP rates, it is neither enticing nor possible to plan an additional vacation. Flights are less available and fewer flight deals are likely to be offered when needed to line up with any WDW discounts.

Finally, offering smaller discounts to AP'ers than the GP? That is really disheartening, but I found it to be the case on several reservations that I tried to make this time around. If the GP rate is better and still available, the AP holder can book the GP rate, but you DO feel unhappy about the situation, even if you weren't planning to purchase the DP. You certainly don't feel like a 'valued customer"!

i just pulled up the ap 20% promo and did see movies had standard room availability.
check it out again, and frequently...

I called this morning and the CM told me no availability at the Movies...preferred or Pop would cost me more...so the 15% is still the best saving for me...

What happened to the days when they just applied the new discount to your room...this having to make a new reservation doesn't make sense...just give me the same room and another 5% please!!

will check again

update: just checked and still nothing available...now even the preferred rooms are not available....it offers me the room without a discount at all

I'm not sure what the actual rate code was. We have a pretty close knit bunch of Disney friends that live within a few hours of Disney and some of them hound deals. I want to say it was a Starwood Preferred Guest thing (that you just have to sign up for). It may have been mentioned on one of the travel deal sites as well - like travelzoo.

Here's the snippit from the email. You lose all the flexibility of a Disney hotel with refunds/cancellations and better customer service w/o all the extra fees, but not only did the math add up, we have a room within walking distance to F&W.

It's not my first choice, but if Disney is going to cut the discounts to their AP holders and FL residents, I'm going to start looking elsewhere to stay. I may even reconsider my AP next year... That goes for Tables in Wonderland as well. It was a great deal at around $75 I think it was two years ago. Then it went to $100 where I can still make it worthwhile, but anything over that and I'll probably forgo it.

Code:
Rate Details
Limited Time Offer - Prepaid Rate
This reservation must be paid in advance and is completely non-refundable; there is also a penalty for changes.

139.00 in US DOLLARS per night

Keep in mind that S&D have a resort fee of $17/day. Parking is $15/day and then add taxes to all of that... (was still cheaper though)

thank you for posting:thumbsup2 We are spg members and I have seen the prepaid rates but that is still a very good rate, good find!

We've been increasingly staying offsite when we run out of dvc points and find the onsite rates just too expensive for our purposes. Figure sooner or later we'll find a decent rate @ S&D if only for short stay.

I just broke down and booked my room for Oct 24-29 through cheaptickets. I got the 5 days for $460 and it would have been $502 with the AP discount. Makes no sense to me because cheaptickets is obviously making money, why doesnt Disney want to give us a bigger discount so we can book through them.

I forgot to mention that I already have my room linked on the Disney Site and have the option to customize MagicBands.

When I looked on cheaptickets they had rooms with and without "Disney Resort Benefits". I couldn't get them to explain the difference, and the with one cost more than the AP discount, so I went with that instead. Any idea what the difference is?

When I looked on cheaptickets they had rooms with and without "Disney Resort Benefits". I couldn't get them to explain the difference, and the with one cost more than the AP discount, so I went with that instead. Any idea what the difference is?

I saw that too for POFQ and I assume it means that they got a block of rooms at a very good deal. All rooms at Disney get the same benefits, here is how the cheaptickets site explains them:

Disney Resort Benefits: Also, enjoy special benefits as a Disney Resort Hotel Guest including: Extra Magic Hours – Each day, one of the parks offers extended hours, so you can enjoy select attractions (valid park admission and Resort ID required); Disney’s Magical Express service – Complimentary motor coach transportation for you and your luggage between your hotel and Orlando International Airport; Complimentary parking and transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort – giving you the flexibility to come and go from the parks as you please (valid park admission required); complimentary Wi-Fi in your room and throughout the Resort; Access to entertaining amenities at Disney Resort hotels, like pools with slides, activity programs and restaurants.

I can see why you would be worried though.

We just decided to add 1 more day to our trip so we could hear Edwin McCain at F&W. Honestly, these AP discounts are terrible! And there is no availability. We have first 6 nights at BC, then 3 nights at Pop (both of these booked with the BB offer-THANK GOODNESS!) Then the next 4 nights at AOA booked with the GP discount. I would've LIKED to have the entire AOA reservation booked with an AP discount and add extra night. But of course no availability there. So then I started checking other resorts to see about moving from AOA to somewhere else IF I could get the 5 nights somewhere together. NOTHING! So, I ended up, adding the last night at POP and I think the AP saved me like 5 bucks, ha!
Sooo, a 14 night trip, with 4 resort changes :crazy2: Oh, and throw in 4 DIFFERENT SETS of MB's, AND Hoping the mug thing works out where I can use it the entire trip!:offtopic:

After 28 calls I finally got AP rates rates applied to most of our trip. We are visiting Nov 4-11 a split stay at BC/YC and of course its Jersey Week. After being told no AP rates available over and over I took matters in my own hands and started playing with our dates online. The discount was available except our last day at BC. So because of that one day everything kept coming up unavailable plus the resort is sold out from that Friday night on (hence split stay at YC) we had a rack rate reservation at BC from Mon to Sat so I called and asked for the discount to be applied Mon to Thurs and I will pay the rack rate for the one night. I was told I could not do this. Every time I was told no I called back and tried again. So finally this morning I got a CM from the pass holder hotline who understood what I wanted and was able to apply it to my reservation. I cannot believe this took 4 days to get accomplished. I'm reading all the posts and shaking my head in agreement because I am feeling the irritation as well.

Could someone do me a favour? Looking at buying an AP but want to see if it is worth it first. Can someone check if there are standard rooms available at the POly with the AP discount for Dec 4-12 and can you pm me the cost?

thanks so much!

Could someone do me a favour? Looking at buying an AP but want to see if it is worth it first. Can someone check if there are standard rooms available at the POly with the AP discount for Dec 4-12 and can you pm me the cost?

thanks so much!

There is no availability at Poly in any category for those dates.

After 4 phone calls and 4 days, I finally got AP discount to our two rooms at BWI for Oct 3-7, however we did have to change to YC. We saved over $850.00!! I'm so excited, well worth the price of AP. I kept checking the website and calling and finally there were 2 rooms in the same category available with the discount.

Would someone please check to see if AP rate is available in the CR tower, BLV for Nov 9 - 13 and, if so, what the rate is please? Have only a voucher so i can't check online.

Thanks!!

After 28 calls I finally got AP rates rates applied to most of our trip. We are visiting Nov 4-11 a split stay at BC/YC and of course its Jersey Week. After being told no AP rates available over and over I took matters in my own hands and started playing with our dates online. The discount was available except our last day at BC. So because of that one day everything kept coming up unavailable plus the resort is sold out from that Friday night on (hence split stay at YC) we had a rack rate reservation at BC from Mon to Sat so I called and asked for the discount to be applied Mon to Thurs and I will pay the rack rate for the one night. I was told I could not do this. Every time I was told no I called back and tried again. So finally this morning I got a CM from the pass holder hotline who understood what I wanted and was able to apply it to my reservation. I cannot believe this took 4 days to get accomplished. I'm reading all the posts and shaking my head in agreement because I am feeling the irritation as well.

Were they able to apply the discount to just some of the nights while keeping the same reservation? They keep telling me I would have to have two reservation numbers and check out, etc.

Were they able to apply the discount to just some of the nights while keeping the same reservation? They keep telling me I would have to have two reservation numbers and check out, etc.

No I have 2 reservations the original one has the AP discount and the one rack rate night is a new reservation which I had to put a $200 deposit on. She put a note on the account that it is an continuation stay.

Would someone please check to see if AP rate is available in the CR tower, BLV for Nov 9 - 13 and, if so, what the rate is please? Have only a voucher so i can't check online.

Thanks!!

Didn't see anything for BLT, CR, or GF, only saw a standard view at the Poly. The other three monorail resorts were sold out for every view.

Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Standard View - $365 per night
$ 1,951.50, with tax 2195.45

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter