AP and discounts

darcigo

Earning My Ears
Hi there. Can anyone tell me how much the cabins are with an annual pass discount the Friday after thanksgiving until Dec 2. We are trying to find out if it's worth us to buy an AP...
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I have no idea what or even if AP discount is available at the cabins. I do know that Disney is currently offering the following. AP's purchased between now and Jan 3 2017 are good for 13 months. Those within this purchase period will provide 20% discount on merchandise and at 45 select restaurants. Discount on Park tickets for those making more than 1 trip in 13 month time frame could be big savings Hope this helped

Hi there. Can anyone tell me how much the cabins are with an annual pass discount the Friday after thanksgiving until Dec 2. We are trying to find out if it's worth us to buy an AP...
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I don't have an AP but noticed one thing in your request. You mentioned starting the Friday after Thanksgiving as the start date which is November 25. But per the DIS AP discount page, the Holiday AP room discount takes a break around Thanksgiving and resumes on the NEXT day, Saturday November 26.

Screenshot 2016-10-20 at 6.30.54 AM.png

You could call Dreams Unlimited (the sponsor of the DIS) for an AP quote for what the daily rate would be if no one else knows.

Good luck!

Bama Ed

I don't have an AP but noticed one thing in your request. You mentioned starting the Friday after Thanksgiving as the start date which is November 25. But per the DIS AP discount page, the Holiday AP room discount takes a break around Thanksgiving and resumes on the NEXT day, Saturday November 26.

View attachment 202139

You could call Dreams Unlimited (the sponsor of the DIS) for an AP quote for what the daily rate would be if no one else knows.

Good luck!

Bama Ed

Thanks alot! I'll give them a call! My dates r a bit flexible!

Walt Disney World® Resort Room Discounts
From time to time, special offers for discounted rooms at select Disney Resort hotels are available for Passholders. Please visit Passholder Resort Special Offers or see your Mickey Monitor newsletter for more information.

Offer Details
Book Through

December 24, 2016

Eligibility

Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Valid Travel Dates

Most nights from November 6 through November 10, November 13 through November 22, and November 26 through December 23, 2016

Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 1 night
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
Offer Restrictions

• Advance reservations required.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotions.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Resort Hotels Included in This Offer

• Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

I can let you know soon! DH and I are headed to POFQ on Saturday with 6 friends for a quick F & W trip. Heading back to the Fort (Cabins) with the kiddos Dec 6-13. Played with the numbers a million different ways (and with an incredibly patient CM on the phone one day!), and we are going to bite the bullet and upgrade our tix to AP.

FWIW, when I search it shows no cabin availability for those dates. If I up the arrival by one day it shows availability, but no pass holder rate available (not surprising). If I search for November dates it looks like the discount is 25% weekday rates but weekend is not discounted (also not surprising). Hope that helps.

FWIW, when I search it shows no cabin availability for those dates. If I up the arrival by one day it shows availability, but no pass holder rate available (not surprising). If I search for November dates it looks like the discount is 25% weekday rates but weekend is not discounted (also not surprising). Hope that helps.

Thanks for checking! We are from pa and have tossed the idea around but want to see if all the discounts that come w it would be worth it.

Thanks so much for looking! It does
Walt Disney World® Resort Room Discounts
From time to time, special offers for discounted rooms at select Disney Resort hotels are available for Passholders. Please visit Passholder Resort Special Offers or see your Mickey Monitor newsletter for more information.

Offer Details
Book Through

December 24, 2016

Eligibility

Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Valid Travel Dates

Most nights from November 6 through November 10, November 13 through November 22, and November 26 through December 23, 2016

Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 1 night
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
Offer Restrictions

• Advance reservations required.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotions.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Resort Hotels Included in This Offer

• Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

They really don't like giving out discounts for pofq! We so want to stay there too! Lol

Thanks so much for looking! It does

They really don't like giving out discounts for pofq! We so want to stay there too! Lol
Yeah.... the reality is, is that they will only discount those locations/things that don't sell as well... POFQ is quite popular as is the Campsites at Fort Wilderness. At the Fort, we almost never see discounts because it's almost always full (or near full) unlike the Cabins. That's why they can get the discounts. Again only during those times when they have a hard time filling them.

Where about in PA are you from? I am up near the Wilkes-Barre area in the North East.

May not apply to your case but we are just finishing our first year as APs and have really enjoyed/benefitted from the room discounts offered this past year. We stay deluxes and have saved quite a bit over the general public discount (although I will caveat that we ended up going WAY more than prior years, so I probably didn't really save any money!

Don't forget the other savings that you get 20% savings on merchandise and at some food locations. We just got back from a 8 day trip and I upgraded my 7 day hopper to a AP. It cost me $330.00 to upgrade. I have added up the savings from all my receipts and it totaled $228.61. When you also consider that I would have bought memory maker for $150.00 and that it is included in AP, I have already broke even on my AP.

Don't forget the other savings that you get 20% savings on merchandise and at some food locations. We just got back from a 8 day trip and I upgraded my 7 day hopper to a AP. It cost me $330.00 to upgrade. I have added up the savings from all my receipts and it totaled $228.61. When you also consider that I would have bought memory maker for $150.00 and that it is included in AP, I have already broke even on my AP.
We also got the TIW which gives a huge discount on dinning at most Table Service locations (among others). It does automatically include an 18% gratuity but if you consider that you would pay a (reasonable) tip anyway... it ends up being a 2% discount and no need to worry about a tip (as opposed to full price PLUS tip).

TIW is also good for a year. We got our AP and TIW in August when we were there and mostly made up for both of them PLUS we are going again in November with 2 more of us (they don't have an AP, but will be dining with us and we will save on their meals too.) That will more then cover our costs. PLUS DW wants to try and go again in April. Just need to weigh it all out and see if it works.

Yeah.... the reality is, is that they will only discount those locations/things that don't sell as well... POFQ is quite popular as is the Campsites at Fort Wilderness. At the Fort, we almost never see discounts because it's almost always full (or near full) unlike the Cabins. That's why they can get the discounts. Again only during those times when they have a hard time filling them.

Where about in PA are you from? I am up near the Wilkes-Barre area in the North East.

HI peg! we are a little north of scranton! thanks for all the info!

So another AP/Discount question.

We got our First AP this year in August. Along with it, we got the TIW which gives us 20% off of dining at a large majority of TS places and even some QS places. It does, however automatically include an 18% gratuity to it.

Now I see that Disney is upping their discounts for AP holders from 10% to 20% and it also includes most of those places (at least that we are concerned about) that TIW includes. This looks like it's going to be in place for a Year celebrating their 45th anniversary.

So here is the question, First... why did I pay for TIW? That not withstanding, does the AP discount also include (automatically) the 18% gratuity?

does the AP discount also include (automatically) the 18% gratuity?

No automatic gratuity on the AP discount, at least not the places we ate recently and used mine. They were also great in applying the discount and then using whichever credit card was given to them, it didn't have to be just mine (I was the only AP holder in the group for our girls trip, but we took turns paying).

We used the AP discount at:
Artist Point (20%)
Be Our Guest (10%)
Tusker House (10%)
The Wave (20%)

There's a handy app that I downloaded on my phone called Mouseperks, it shows the places that offer discounts via the various avenues: TiW, AP, DVC, and Disney Visa. Super handy, especially as I was making our ADRs.

Interesting.... While I think it's cool that WDW is offering this discount, I can't help but to think I got a bit taken advantage of when purchasing the TIW. :(

I'd feel a bit better if, with this "Celebration" they gave those with TIW an extra 5% - 10% on top of it.

Interesting.... While I think it's cool that WDW is offering this discount, I can't help but to think I got a bit taken advantage of when purchasing the TIW. :(

I'd feel a bit better if, with this "Celebration" they gave those with TIW an extra 5% - 10% on top of it.

Yeah, I hear you. I do see on my app that TiW gets a higher discount at the in-park restaurants for the most part - 20% rather than 10% at most places. Oh, and also the more popular resort restaurants like Chef Mickey's and CA grill. And there are a handful of places that TiW gets a discount where AP doesn't - Crockett's Tavern, HDDR, and the Backyard BBQ to name a few. So maybe that makes you feel a little better? But still seems like you might get enough of an AP discount to not want TiW depending on where you want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter