AOL E-Mail Virus and Other Things

Is there ANY way that I can do a mass e-mail to my contacts to let them know my e-mail changed or do I do that one by one?
Thank you VERY much! I hope I'm not becomming more of a pest!

Usually there is an option where you import your contact to the new email account from the old email account. And usually during the import process it will offer to mass email your contacts telling them you have a new email account.

I would first scan all of the computer you have recently logged into your AOL account from and wait to see if the AOL account keeps sending spam.

Usually there is an option where you import your contact to the new email account from the old email account. And usually during the import process it will offer to mass email your contacts telling them you have a new email account.

I would first scan all of the computer you have recently logged into your AOL account from and wait to see if the AOL account keeps sending spam.

?????
I am sorry but what you are telling me I have no clue how to even understand? I'm at work now and if I did this I would be at work tomorrow doing the contact list. If it is a lot of trouble, maybe I will just go through my list and cut/paste what I want to say and do it individually?

Sorry, I know I sound like a fool and I really am somewhat intelligent but I haven't a clue on what to do as you mention. :confused3

Thank you VERY much! You have been a wonderful help to me.
I created a new hotmail account (since that is the first e-mail account that you mentioned in your post LOL). So, your opinion is that I should just cancel my aol account for good? :confused: I hate to do it but I will.

I think you have some options before you cancel your account. Unfortunately, anything you do will be a PITA (pain-in-the-@$$), whether you try to resolve this or open a new account. The choice is more; which PITA you are willing to go through or willing to try before, as a last resort, opening a new account.

If you want to try to salvage your account (which I think you do), then go through the checklist in the 1st link (I think you already have, but it's best to make certain).
IF YOU DO have the signs of a compromised account, then follow the steps listed at the bottom of the checklist.
IF YOU DON'T have the signs, then go to the 2nd link (the 2nd is mostly the same as the 1st, just more concise - it will help you double check).
IF YOU DON'T have the signs on the 2nd link, then proceed to the 3rd link and go through the steps (I know you are not receiving emails from yourself, so just ignore that phrase and mentally insert "Others receive emails from my address" instead)
Here is a link to additional AOL Help. This is the number listed on that page for technical issues 1-800-827-6364.

Is there ANY way that I can do a mass e-mail to my contacts to let them know my e-mail changed or do I do that one by one?
Thank you VERY much! I hope I'm not becomming more of a pest!

I've never done this, so I can't help here. Maybe the 800 number posted above can help?

Whatever you decide to do - best of luck! :)

I have not use AOL or Hotmail since early 2000s.

Basically there are 2 ways to move your contacts from 1 email account to another.
1. In your new email account, go into settings or options and find the option to import contacts. In Gmail Click the gear > Setting > Accounts and import, then you choose to import just contact or all mail from another account. The website will guide you thru the process. FYI: You will be giving Gmail permission to access your AOL to do this method.

2. You go into the AOL settings and Export your contact list. Typically it will export a CSV file that you save to your computer. Then you import the CSV file to your new email account.

I just found out that AOL does not support exporting your contact in a CSV file. So, you will need to figure out option #1. You might want to ask the office tech geek for help.

Oh my. Thank you all very much.
Of course, I printed out again and will go through all the steps again and also thanks so much for the link and phone number.

Can I ask why it is surprising that people still use aol? I am honestly asking since I thought it was all equal???

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter