AoA's LM room for a boy?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by weinerranchers, Mar 9, 2013.

1. weinerranchers

weinerranchers Earning My Ears

So, It is just myself, the hubs and our 3 year old going. We want to stay at AoA but only want a standard room. I just figured out that the standard rooms are ALLLLLLLLLL Little Mermaid! Are the rooms to girly for my boy? :cool2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KingdomHeartsFan

KingdomHeartsFan DIS Veteran

They may be a little girly, but as long as your son has seen the movie, so he will know who the characters are, I think it will be fine. They are very cool.

4. DisneyDoc5

DisneyDoc5 Making memories...

If he likes the movie, he will like the room, it's beautiful and you can walk to all the areas and enjoy them, go sit by the Cars pool, Nemo pool, play by Lion King (which you will walk through to get to the main building). It would not stop me from staying there, enjoy!

5. DisneyDiana

DisneyDiana DIS Veteran

There is a great review on another site that answers this question. Don't think I can post it here but google " Little Mermaid Rooms Not too "girly"" and it should come up.

6. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

The theme is NOT very girly. They focus a lot on king triton too. So its pretty neutral. Check out some of the pics and you will see. I think he will like it!

7. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

The two biggest LM fans I know are men. I don't understand the aversion to LM by parents of boys. I'm against the LM rooms because I do not like the film, but I bet my son (and husband, who is one of the men I mentioned) would love it.

8. goofyintoronto

9. weinerranchers

weinerranchers Earning My Ears

Thank you for the link! I really appreciate it.

Thanks for all the helpful opinions!! He is a boy after all.... Gotta think it all the way thru ;)

10. MrsB919

MrsB919 Mouseketeer

I'm glad I came across this post because I was just having second thoughts about staying here because it's just me and my hubby. I love Little Mermaid, but I was concerned my husband would walk in and freak. I haven't told him they are all LM :lmao:

11. goofyintoronto

Id keep it a secret until you arrive. Nice surprise!!! LOL!

12. MrsB919

MrsB919 Mouseketeer

That sounds like a plan. I'll have my camera ready so I can capture his face. :rotfl:

13. goofyintoronto

LMAO! Please do, and post the pic here! :rotfl:

14. rainynight

rainynight Mouseketeer

My 4 year old son loved the room. It wasn't girly at all. Of course he likes the movie and has a fascination with sea creatures.

15. rainynight

rainynight Mouseketeer

Just to add. We stayed one night in the Little Mermaid room and then switched to Pop for the rest of our trip and our little boy was sad to leave the "crab room". I bet your little guy will think its great. :-)

16. coco392

coco392 Mouseketeer

my 6 year old took one look- first words 'I don't want a girls room. nothing could convince him otherwise

he picked pop.

can't understand why studios aren't more 'neutral' like nemo. or just some cars studios so there is a mix.

show him pictures on the website

17. twilightsparkle

twilightsparkle Earning My Ears

My older boys don't want to stay there, but my 3 year olds loves to look at the pictures and says he wants to sleep there. Now, convincing my 10 and 8 year olds won't be so easy.

18. kimnvbva

kimnvbva Mouseketeer

We stayed there last November with 4 boys and 1 girl. The boys loved the room. Thought it was very cool. Loved the big iconic staues outside and the rooms! The ages were 14, two 10 year olds & a 7 year old. I really don't think they cared too much, they were in Disney!!! :thumbsup2