AoA suite vs AKL...or split stay?

jenhum

Mouseketeer
Hi folks! I have a dilemma. Right now, we (my parents, me and DD4) are booked for a 5 night stay in April at AoA in a Lion King suite. Since the AoA discount is so small and the deluxe discounts are so big, we could stay at AKL (standard view) for the exact same price. I was 100% set on AoA , but knowing that we could stay at a deluxe for the same price is driving me nuts!

Background: this is DD's first trip, and so we are making it all about her. She is a Lion King NUT. I mean she has every single plush available, cannot have a conversation without mentioning Simba, has been scolded for roaring at people in public, wants to be called Madelion instead of Madeline. I know that she is going to be in heaven with the theming at AoA. And my parents are looking forward to having their own room and bathroom in the suite.

Buuuuut, for the same money we could be at a deluxe, lol! I'm sure DD would really enjoy seeing the animals at AKL (though not as much as the LK theming), and if I'm reading the description correctly, we could get two queen beds and a day bed, so we could still sleep in different beds (she is a WILD sleeper, it's tough to get much sleep in the same bed w her).

WDYT? Would you switch? Do a split stay? If you would do a split, which one would you do 1st/2nd? :confused3 My parents are paying for this trip but I'm the planner so I want everything to be great. We will most likely not be doing another Disney trip until DD is 10 or so. FWIW, we would probably not eat at any of the TS restaurants at AKL (no dining plan), and I don't think the nicer pool would make a huge difference to anyone.

Stay with the Lion King Room! Your daughter, Made-lion will only be in this magic age once. Enjoy it. Second, your parents will enjoy the privacy of their own bedroom. Third, the suite provides you with a kitchenette which will be great for breakfast and evening snacks.

Edited to add: AKL standard rooms do NOT have a day bed. Just two queens, so you would be sleeping with the wild thing each night. I believe you can get a queen with a bunk bed, but have not done it myself so cannot comment.

Wow! That's great your daughter has such a drive for the Lion King! For a movie that came out like 20 years ago - its great that its still so popular with young kids and adults today!

I think for the theming and the extra bedroom and bathroom - def do AoA. The rooms there take scenes right out of the lion king. And the courtyard makes you the size of the characters! It seems pretty incredible!!

If you feel like you want to try a deluxe while there - I would do AKL with AoA. AKL has all of the animals to view - which you know and has a great pool, restaurant, shop, ect. The actual Lion King theme is not as strong but def has references. I think your family would like the whole deluxe feel - it would very dif from AoA but still great.

If you decide to do both - maybe stay at AKL first and then AoA. Save the best for last for your daughter - if you think she will go nuts for the Lion King room. Its really up to you and what you think.

I hope your family has a great time the world and all I have to say Hakuna Matata! Don't worry - everything will be great!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

We have never stayed at a value and my personal choice would be AKL, but given your DD's love for Lion King, I think I would stick with AoA for her. Also, just wanted to add that a room with 2 queens and a daybed is not an option at AKL. The configurations are 1 king with a daybed, 2 queens, or 1 queen and bunk beds. AKL and WL are the only deluxes that do not have 2 queens and a daybed. Good luck.

Unless you stay at a villa room at AKL, you will have to sleep with your daughter as there are only two beds per room, no daybed option as a pp stated. If she is truly WILD like my son, I would stick with the extra space at AoA. You will enjoy your sleep much better and I am speaking from experience (no one wants to spend the night with my son). Plus, if she is truly a Lion King fan than she will adore AoA.

Ok, thank you so much for the advice! Good to know that the queen rooms don't include a day bed, that makes my decision a lot easier! I think you're right, AoA makes the most sense for us this time. I think I was just getting hung up on spending that much for a value...but I know we will appreciate the 2 rooms and plentiful beds. And if there is any one way to make this vacation magical for my DD, a Lion King room will certainly do it!

FantasiaMagic said:
I hope your family has a great time the world and all I have to say Hakuna Matata! Don't worry - everything will be great!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Thanks! I think Hakuna Matata should be our trip motto :).

STAY WITH THE LION KING SUITE

Your daughter will be in heaven! We stayed in LK only because Cars was full, but enjoyed it so much! She will love sleeping on the table bed right below Simba! It seems this resort was designed perfectly for your daughter!

I'm just imagining the look that will be on her face when she walks through the LK courtyard with life-size versions of her favorites!

AKL is amazing and unique, but your daughter will probably soon outgrow this LK stage - AoA is the way to go!

If she loves the Lion King, stay at AOA. The theming is incredible. My kids are older and still loved the AOA. I much preferred the AKL because of the beautiful view of the savannahs. We stayed in 1 BR Savannah view in Kidani. We woke up every morning and rushed to the balcony to see what animals were there. AOA is nice, and the rooms are very convenient with the extra bathroom. We had a cool view of Pumba, Timon, and Simba right outside our room. I would save AKL for when she is older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter