AoA Standard Room (Mermaid) vs. PO Riverside

ColoradoDisney

Mouseketeer
I am booking a trip for early June. I need to decide between AoA Standard Room (Mermaid) vs. PO Riverside. It is for a party of 4 (two adults, plus 10 & 13 year old daughters). The price is nearly the same (PO is eligible for the current promo and AoA is not). We are staying for 10 nights. Using WDW transportation exclusively. We have been to WDW several times. We plan on visiting the water parks 2-4 times in addition to the parks. We have stayed at PO previously but never at AoA. Any feedback is appreciated.

We stayed in a Mermaid room in Dec. AoA is an amazing resort with lots to see. The Mermaid rooms are very small so if you would like at little more room go to PO. The mermaid rooms do have a little fridge.

POR gets my vote. Bigger rooms, double sink, pool slide, hot tub, boat to DTD, Yeeha Bob and covered bus stops.

We were in the exact same situation in October. We decided to go with POR as it was a longer trip. 10 days in a little room is a long time if you don't have to do it. I understand how exciting it would be to stay at AoA since it looks so neat, but I think you will appreciate the extra room during the trip. Our compromise was we went to AoA for dinner one night and to look around. We loved POR!

For me, comparing values to mods is like comparing apples to oranges. I think when choosing between the two it really depends on what you're trying to get out of the hotel.

Personally, I go to Disney for the parks. The way I see it, I'm spending a lot of money to be there- and not at my hotel. Therefore, when I'm footing the bill, I like to pass up on the slides, the extra space, etc. and save myself the money.

However, you could feel completely different! You might like the space, the slides, the on-site TS and the extra amenities for more of a home-like feel.

We were having the same problem deciding between LM rooms and CSR. We are probably doing a split stay with 4 nts. at each. Would you consider doing that? It would have to be POR first, though to get your discounted tickets with the deal and sometimes it's hard to go from a mod to a value. We've visited AOA and it is really nice. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

-If you have been to AoA and POR Riverside recently, please compare the quality and selection at the food courts.

-How spread out is the AoA compared to POR Riverside?

-How about the Disney Transportation?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter