AoA, FW cabins?

memakwed

DIS Veteran
I feel like I'm all over the place with planning since we're planning more than 1 trip. Let me say this. I would love to take my parent's as a surprise-they're retired. Usually they go with us but pay for themselves and have their own room and space. My mom likes her own bathroom and my dad snores... more than she wants to listen to. The only way to take them and us foot the bill would be if we either shared. I was thinking AoA suite. What so you think? I will take other suggestions as long as there are 2 bathrooms. I need to know 4 adults and 1 child will it work and be comfortable? How separate are the sleeping areas and how comfy is that pull out bed?

I guess the same questions would apply to the FW cabins too, but I know there is only 1 bathroom.

I would love any suggestions, I did see there is the upto 30% off rooms so if you have a more expensive alternative tell me about that too as maybe I would get a room discount. We all talk about going around the holidays sometime but we have to be home for xmas still as DS still awaits Santa.
Please throw out anything you think might work for our family to at least give me ideas and options mybe I'm not thinking of. Trying to be economical but special at the same time.

I think AoA would be a great choice for your family. You could also consider a 1-bedroom villa at AKL Kidani - it has 2 bathrooms (I believe the BLT 1-bedrooms do as well, but may be hard to get at a discount) Also the 2-bedrooms at SSR or OKW could work or even 2 separate rooms at a Mod would not put you much over an AoA suite.

Have fun!

I would vote for AoA. We just returned from the cabins. We had a nice time, and enjoyed the space but internal transportation was a bit of a pain and it stopped us from wandering over to the store or going for a quick swim because it took so long. I know many will disagree with me, but we wouldn't be in a hurry to go back because we like to be a little more central for our vacations:)

Your other option if you are willing to stay Value is 2 value rooms. They'll come out cheaper than the AoA suite and give you all a little more privacy.

Remember ASMusic also has family suites usually a but cheaper than AoA, plus discounts sometimes apply.

We just came back from AoA and really enjoyed the family suites. We found all the beds to be comfortable. However, you really only have 2 separate sleeping areas because the pull-out and the Inov-bed are technically in the same area without walls. The only way it would work would be if your dad slept in the bedroom, and the rest of you in the living/dining area.

Thanks for the info so far. DOes anyone that has stayed at AoA have pics od the pullout and wall bed? Not promo pics but real on vacation pics. So is there 1 bed in the bedrrom and then a pull out sofa and the wall bed? I was thinking it was 2 beds in the bedroom and the wall bed.

Thanks for the info so far. DOes anyone that has stayed at AoA have pics od the pullout and wall bed? Not promo pics but real on vacation pics. So is there 1 bed in the bedrrom and then a pull out sofa and the wall bed? I was thinking it was 2 beds in the bedroom and the wall bed.

I do not have pics but yes, there is a Queen bed in the bedroom, a pull-out in the living room, and then the wall bed. There is a door to the bedroom but not one between the other 2 beds...it is all one big space.

I would price out:
2 value rooms
2 rooms at Swan/Dolphin
Renting DVC points

I love the cabins, but not sure it would work for you.
Good luck and happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter